• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christian Dating Sites

• Members

You make so many judgments about me, & try to tear apart anything I post. I through posting to you, you want no help, all you want is to tear down & a soap box on this forum to proclaim your false beliefs.

As for being saved or lost, with each new post you seem to be lost, & you refuse to answer the question on how to get to heaven that has been asked by James.

So in your own words, could you please tell me how to get to heaven? There's a knife in my back, I've just been hit by a car and my body is crushed; I want to go to heaven! Please tell me how to get there. There's not much time left before I bleed out. What must I do sir???

Refusing to answer James’s question, all I can do is go by your words, your fruit, as this verse tells me to do. Mt 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Good day,
Jerry

Please quote a single ad hominem I made about you in this Forum instead of just accusing me without any proof.
I made a post about dating sites that you trashed, and used against me without any Scriptural foundation; more, you have not replied to any of my questions regarding this topic... but have constantly trying to turn every post I make about the alleged fact that I didn't post something on some other topic. Why?
Wilchbla and swathdiver assessments are correct, and as far as I know... not that much different from my earliest one yet I don't see you attacking them or their posts? Why?
Why is it that you see in my questions an attack?
Why is it that you do not discuss the arguments but attack the person discussing them?

One in Chris,
D

• Members

London SE1, the area from where I come has a forum. It is not an area known for its grammar, but here is a part of theirn rules of posting.

Spelling and grammar

We encourage forum users to maintain a high standard of English. Text-speak should be avoided.
Spelling errors in thread titles will be corrected, both to maintain the standards of the site and to facilitate use of the search facility.
Please do not post thread titles in all lower case (eg 'where can i find a plumber?'). If a thread title doesn't have an initial capital letter we will edit the message.

• Members

These days, one would be better off steering away from "Christian Dating Sites".

These sites may have began with good intentions, (to bring Christian singles together) but the fact is, as has been pointed out previously...

The term "Christian" is applied to practically any kind of person who does a good deed, goes to Church, puts money in the offering plate, etc., They act like Christians in many ways, and yet inside they are as dead as last years bird nest. When off the net, many curse, carry on ungodly lifestyles, etc..

The best advice has been given; that is to get your sister-in-law grounded in a Bible believing Church where she can hear the Word of God and wait on Him to bring that special someone into her life.

When God created Eve, He did not send Adam on a "scavenger hunt". He did not tell Adam, "I have made a woman for you, go find her." No, God brought the woman to Adam. If your sister will trust God to bring her into the life of the man He wants her to marry, God can set her before the right man.

• Members

London SE1, the area from where I come has a forum. It is not an area known for its grammar, but here is a part of theirn rules of posting.

Wait? Didn't you just suggest that making mistakes in grammar was unacceptable while making mistakes in spelling was OK? Yet look at what you just posted.

• Moderators

If I could post to the diversion, ie. spelling and grammar.

With many, with me as a prime example, they may not be a poor speller and grammatically ignorant, just poor typists.

When I was in school typing was coupled with home economics and no "self - respecting" red blooded American boy was taking home ec and typing!

Spell check doesn't catch homophones nor typographical errors that result in a legitimate word (such as "fine" instead of "find").

Edited by OLD fashioned

• Members

In these times and with 3 daughters, I don't like the term dating. That to me means trouble, trying someone out to see if you like them. No, I llike the word and meaning of courtship better.

Any young man that has designs on any one of our daughters better be looking at her as his wife and mother of his children and not a play toy, trophy or drinking buddy to try out, hang out with and then maybe get married to later.

I've spent the majority of my life as a heathen in rebellion towards God. All cases of dating that I witnessed through friends and aquaintences resulted in adultery or fornication. Not a single one was biblical. It wasn't until our family became members of an IFB church did we see folks actually courting, using chaperones and conducting themselves the way the Lord intended.

That being said, people can meet and find their loved one online. My wife and I met online and spent hours writing and talking on the phone before we actually met. However, neither of us was saved and we didn't do things the Bible's way. Same with my little brother and his wife.

Practicing separation as the Lord commands to protect us from sin, the single person's options are limited but not impossible. God will provide when that person is ready for their mate. It often happens unexpectedly when that person resigns themself to being single forever and ever and ever!

I thank the Lord all the time for my wife! Without my help meet I would have died a long time ago.

I feel the same way with some of your post here, I don't like the term dating, I like courting, i believe if anyone is serious about a mate they should court.

I will comment more later on this but, my husband was on a dating website in the late 90's early 2000 and even tho he was on it , I knew him personally , he never met to much woman while on it and the woman are basically looking for that one thing, I also don't like the term Christian dating website because its be misused in the passed.

• Members

Those who have responded might want to be careful or you might be put on 'moderator queue' as I have been for contending for the faith because the admininistrators of this site believe we are here for fellowship and not arguing which is a definition of contend.

• Administrators

Those who have responded might want to be careful or you might be put on 'moderator queue' as I have been for contending for the faith because the admininistrators of this site believe we are here for fellowship and not arguing which is a definition of contend.
May I ask for where you were "contending for the faith" that resulted in "moderator queue"?

• Members

Everything I post on this site is 'contending for the faith'. I don't have or believe I have an exact record of my post which put me on this probation but I can imagine it was my posting on Christmas which if my memory serves I was told and I am paraphrasing not to use 'colors or sizes' in my posts which were considered excessive. As moderator of the site you should have a record of my posts and could relate to me why it was believed I was simply arguing and not fellowshipping.

If you know your Bible you may recall the Apostle Paul getting in the face of Peter for talking out of both sides of his mouth (again, I am paraphrasing). I was merely doing the same thing in my reference to Christmas which the Christian church is doing in reference to Christmas and Easter. We are told not to love the world but when it comes to these two pagan-originated holidays which have no support in Scripture the Christian church embraces them.

I have done my research. I know the history of these supposedly 'Christian holidays' and I also know what the Bible says about the traditions of men. My position is solidly Biblically based and I have been 'disciplined/chastised' by more than one site, pastor or other persons because I refuse to go along with the heresy. Until someone can show me my error from Scripture I will maintain my position and welcome the 'probation/persecution' because Jesus said it would happen and we are to rejoice when it happens when we are persecuted for Christs' sake.

• Administrators

When I mentioned to you about refraining from using "needless, incessant usage of: Giant fonts with ugly colors", you replied back "They are useless and needless according to whom? You? Laugh out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and did so by using needless and ugly colors. Right there it told me that you can care less about the rules here and was going to continue to make break the rules. Your posts where then put on "Moderation Queue" until you can learn to post within the rules.

The rule is in place so that OB stays looking clean and easy to read. You may seem like it is a silly rule, and I cant speak for everyone here, but it is ugly to use whole posts that are Giant fonts with ugly colors.

So as you can see contending for the faith has zero to do with it. I may not agree with your views with Christian holidays, but I do respect your views on the subject. Regardless of what you may say, the Queue has zero to do with doctrine and 100% to do with ugly large font colors after it was brought to your attention.

• Members

Read your own words!!!!!!

You.....YOU have decided my using of 'red' is an ugly color. Then I suggest you have a problem with God who created the color red and He does not consider it ugly and your own site because colors are available and an alternative to using the normal black as a usual color.

You...YOU have decided 'giant fonts' are excessiive. Then, again, I suggest you have a problem with God who created printing of various sizes and He does not consider different forms of expression ugly and your own site because font sizes are available and an alternative to using, what, this size (?) as the norm?

You...YOU have decided I could care less about breaking the rules and you know little about me or my intentions. Let me quote Jesus: 'You are straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel'. How do I know that? I know that because you appear to be more concerned about a color and a font instead of the message conveyed. I don't know about your maturing in Christ but if this 'color and font size' is an indicator I know you have some maturing to do in the Lord. Solomon said and I am paraphrasing, '..correct a wise man and he will love thee...correct a fool and he will hate thee'. I know I have my own idea on where you stand.

Now I have grey hair and am 6'3...is your next move to censure me because you might find my hair color excessive or ugly or my height excessive? I am only using your own words? Am I being satirical? I don't know and I mean that sincerely. What I do not know is, is this site to be an honest exchange of 'faith experience' if I can be allowed to use that term?

• Members

And allow me to say one more thing. My use of color was very much a 'contending for the faith' because it was red and red is a common color at Christmas and red is the color of blood Jesus shed...so you are WRONG on that point, again.

As to the font size, I have failing eyesite and I use a large print Bible and it is not uncommon for me to use a page magnifier in tools or use larger font because it is easier for me to read and as a form of emphasis to my posts. Jesus used a 'loud voice' at times; should He have been restriced in the Temple because the religious leaders or administrators of the Temple thought it excessive? Of course that question could have been thought to be ludicrous but it very much parallels the discussion you and I are having about fonts and colors. So you are wrong, again.

Perhaps you might accomodate someone or others who may have a different view than you as it relates to color and font size....just a thought.

• Administrators

Thanks for your input, but I must stick but the rules set in place here for everyone. You mentioned that you have a problem with your eyesite. In your browser you can enlarge the text by clicking "ctrl" and "+". That will enlarge the text without making it large for everyone else. Thanks and have a great day.

• Members

ProdigalSon, The only thing I come to understand about you so far is you have no respect for rules, nor the owner of this forum. Even if your 6' 3", it pays to show respect, in fact its being Christ like. Respect will open doors, showing disrespect will close doors, no matter where you go in your life, or where your at.

Truth is, when a person owns a forum, they have the right to set rules, & those who post on that forum, have the right to post, that is as long as they obey the rules.

And at present time, your hurting no one but your self.

I've been on this forum since 14th, December, 05, & I will testify, Bro. Matt treats everyone fairly. But your shoveling him at present time, & I feel sure there's no one that thinks it looks pretty.

• Members

I have been here for well over three years, been in many discussions and debates, posted thousands of times, and never once been in trouble. The Administrators here have always treated me very well.
God bless,
Joel ><>.