• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christian Dating Sites

• Members

I don't think I ever asked anyone to draw me pictures... I came to learn and to learn I need to ask questions... or how do you learn?
I answered all questions asked to me in a straightforward manner. Maybe I did not answer them like you would, but that is because I am not you.
I believe that if you want to discuss those topics you should either address them in the topics already addressing them or write me a personal message and I will try to be clearer to you.
"Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”
If you do have any Scripture that addresses dating sites I would very much like to see it. I believe everyone in this topic would.
One in Christ,
D

You are not a little child, are you? You also have still not answered the questions.

My son has been looking for God to send a mate for many years. He still hasn't found one. He tried some "Christian" sites and even met some people but most were not sincere about their faith. I'm 58 and my son may never be given a Bible believing and practicing mate before I'm buried or the Lord returns. He is waiting on the Lord.

• Members

I found my wife at a "Christian" dating site. Beware though, many of the people on those sites may call themselves Christians but are far from it. Meetings should be done in a public place and it would be best to make it a double date with someone you know. For several years I had to be patient before God sent me the right woman. I had to look to the verses that tell us that a single person can get more done for the Lord. A church can be a good place to find the right person but that should only be an afterthought when you are at church. Our minds need to be on serving God and others around us.

1 Corinthians 7:34 There is difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband.

Edited by MatthewDiscipleOfGod

• Members

My son has been looking for God to send a mate for many years. He still hasn't found one. He tried some "Christian" sites and even met some people but most were not sincere about their faith. I'm 58 and my son may never be given a Bible believing and practicing mate before I'm buried or the Lord returns. He is waiting on the Lord.

Praise God for if he is waiting on the Lord He is doing right!

I've seen so many in my own family, not Christian but the principle applies, who were in such a rush to marry they were not careful.

Even among some Christians I've known, they rush into a relationship and rush into marriage. No seeking the Lord's will.

Congratulations on having a son seeking the Lord's will rather than a quick solution.

• Members

Please justify your accusation... or forever hold your peace.
And the correct English would be "you're" not "your"...
I also know of several reasons why people hate technology... because they fear it.
Who are you to decide who is saved and who is not?
Who are you to judge me?
One in Christ,
D

Grammar policemen, I see, does that make you feel superior?

Hate technology, no. If I did I problem would not be on a computer.

And I have no problem at all of holding my peace, my mind is clear on this issue, why, because I did not state one false thing.

Now, if you don’t like what I posted, just say so, & tell me why I’m wrong, leave the rest out.

And John is correct, your post is not being Christ like.

• Members

You are not a little child, are you? You also have still not answered the questions.

If you are expecting me to answer questions unrelated to this topic in this topic I will not do so. I already addressed that subject. It is your choice.

Hate technology, no. If I did I problem would not be on a computer.

And I have no problem at all of holding my peace, my mind is clear on this issue, why, because I did not state one false thing.

Now, if you don’t like what I posted, just say so, & tell me why I’m wrong, leave the rest out.

And John is correct, your post is not being Christ like.

I did not purport to make myself look as superior... if I was uncharitable I apologize. I was corrected several times and probably it "rubbed" on to me.
I did not say if I like or not like your post... I asked you 2 questions and I asked for a justification for you accusing me of either being "not saved" or a "babe in Christ", which actually is a False Dichotomy Fallacy, even if I did have "worldly thoughts", for which there was no argument from you.

One in Christ,
D

• Members

I must admit, that though I don't say it, well not often, I do find it irritation when people use 'your' meaning belonging to you, instead of
'you're' short for you are.

Your ,
You're
Yore (days gone by.)

A similar one is 'there'

'There' as in over there, often used in error for both the following:
'Their' meaning belonging to them,
'They're' short for 'They are'.

So I suppose I am a bit of a grammar policeman, mostly silent, but I did come from South (Sarf, to pronounce it) East London, and tended to say 'We was' instead of 'We were' which my wife and her mother who were both teachers from a different part of the country used to correct me until I got out of saying that.

There is a story of a London boy whose teacher continually tried to get him out of saying 'We was.' Then during the war, he was evacuated to the country, and when he returned she didn't have that problem. She now had to get him to stop saying 'Uz be,'

• Members

If you are expecting me to answer questions unrelated to this topic in this topic I will not do so. I already addressed that subject. It is your choice.

I did not purport to make myself look as superior... if I was uncharitable I apologize. I was corrected several times and probably it "rubbed" on to me.
I did not say if I like or not like your post... I asked you 2 questions and I asked for a justification for you accusing me of either being "not saved" or a "babe in Christ", which actually is a False Dichotomy Fallacy, even if I did have "worldly thoughts", for which there was no argument from you.

One in Christ,
D

Your either not saved, or you’re a babe in Christ, & or you have a improper understating of Scriptures. I did leave the latter one off.

If I could not tell this from the many post you’ve recently made, them I know nothing about the Bible & I should surely not be a pastor of a New Testament Church

Again, what I stated was not a put down, & actually nothing to be ashamed of, unless you stay there.

As for you not being save, I have never head one word about your testimony, the day you were saved. So no, I do not know if you are saved or not. I do remember someone asking you about this, yet I don't remember you giving & answer. It seems to me when any such question like that is asked you consider that is to personal.

As I have stated many times at our church, its not how much you know, its all about how you use what you do know. Plus if your growing or not in the Lord. That is if next week you know more than you do this week, next year you know more than you do this year. If a Christian is growing, that's great, if they are not, that is sad. Your asking questions here, your getting some answer, & you said you would read some articles from that site I gave you, If your doing all of that you should be growing.

I might add, I have known several people during my life that have had much head knowledge about the Bible, they could answer many questions, yet sadly, they did not use it. So the one who knows little, & uses that which they know, they’re on the right track.

And of course, every Christian are on a different step in their walk with God, & we will not reach maturity until we graduate going home to be with our Lord.

A dating site having many from many different denominations does not impress me the least bit, for many denominations do not even teach people how to be saved, they do teach them to trust in false teachings, of being saved by works, by baptizing, & such. There is only one way a person can be saved, it is by grace though faith in Jesus Christ, it is not of works, its not of self, it is a gift of God.

I might add, only about 20 % of professing Christians holds to the fact, that one is saved ONLY by faith in Jesus, not of self, not of works. Most churches teach several paths, yet leave this one out.

Sorry this post is so long, I usually stay with much shorter post & that I cover more than one subject, but it seemed to have to be that way to in order to give you an answer.

• Members

I must admit, that though I don't say it, well not often, I do find it irritation when people use 'your' meaning belonging to you, instead of
'you're' short for you are.

Your ,
You're
Yore (days gone by.)

A similar one is 'there'

'There' as in over there, often used in error for both the following:
'Their' meaning belonging to them,
'They're' short for 'They are'.

So I suppose I am a bit of a grammar policeman, mostly silent, but I did come from South (Sarf, to pronounce it) East London, and tended to say 'We was' instead of 'We were' which my wife and her mother who were both teachers from a different part of the country used to correct me until I got out of saying that.

There is a story of a London boy whose teacher continually tried to get him out of saying 'We was.' Then during the war, he was evacuated to the country, and when he returned she didn't have that problem. She now had to get him to stop saying 'Uz be,'

:ot: Sorry

I feel sure, if we all came from the same part of the country, grammar & how we phase things would not be a big thing. I'm 100% sure there's a big difference the way you talk, say things, express your self East London, that I do from coming from the Southern United States along with living my life in rural country side.

I recall being in the Northern United States while In the Air Force, I had trouble understanding many of them from the way they said things, & I'm sure they had the same problem with me.

So on theses message boards I leave the grammar policing out.

:11backtotopic:

• Members

In these times and with 3 daughters, I don't like the term dating. That to me means trouble, trying someone out to see if you like them. No, I llike the word and meaning of courtship better.

Any young man that has designs on any one of our daughters better be looking at her as his wife and mother of his children and not a play toy, trophy or drinking buddy to try out, hang out with and then maybe get married to later.

I've spent the majority of my life as a heathen in rebellion towards God. All cases of dating that I witnessed through friends and aquaintences resulted in adultery or fornication. Not a single one was biblical. It wasn't until our family became members of an IFB church did we see folks actually courting, using chaperones and conducting themselves the way the Lord intended.

That being said, people can meet and find their loved one online. My wife and I met online and spent hours writing and talking on the phone before we actually met. However, neither of us was saved and we didn't do things the Bible's way. Same with my little brother and his wife.

Practicing separation as the Lord commands to protect us from sin, the single person's options are limited but not impossible. God will provide when that person is ready for their mate. It often happens unexpectedly when that person resigns themself to being single forever and ever and ever!

I thank the Lord all the time for my wife! Without my help meet I would have died a long time ago.

• Members

If you are unwilling to share your salvation testimony, or to share what you believe is required to get to heaven, or what church you attend, or what you mean when others ask for clarification, then you should stop asking questions yourself.

As for you not being save, I have never head one word about your testimony, the day you were saved. So no, I do not know if you are saved or not. I do remember someone asking you about this, yet I don't remember you giving & answer.

Here it is fellas:

Both me and my girlfriend were born and raised in different denominations, from her side I can say that she discovered her personal relationship with Jesus around 20 years old, when she got baptized after a struggle discovering what God meant to her and how she wanted to make Him the Lord about her life. (might be paraphrasing a little)
In my case it was a little bit different as I don't have such a clear cut defining moment and have always believed in Jesus as a close Saviour that always protected me growing up.

• Members

Dear Jerry80871852,
As being corrected seems to hurt you I will not make any transcript of the grammar errors you might have made... but please, if others have the care to write to you in proper english, it would be most charitable if you replied with the same care.

Your either not saved, or you’re a babe in Christ, & or you have a improper understating of Scriptures. I did leave the latter one off.

If I could not tell this from the many post you’ve recently made, them I know nothing about the Bible & I should surely not be a pastor of a New Testament Church

Again, what I stated was not a put down, & actually nothing to be ashamed of, unless you stay there.

As for you not being save, I have never head one word about your testimony, the day you were saved. So no, I do not know if you are saved or not. I do remember someone asking you about this, yet I don't remember you giving & answer. It seems to me when any such question like that is asked you consider that is to personal.

As I have stated many times at our church, its not how much you know, its all about how you use what you do know. Plus if your growing or not in the Lord. That is if next week you know more than you do this week, next year you know more than you do this year. If a Christian is growing, that's great, if they are not, that is sad. Your asking questions here, your getting some answer, & you said you would read some articles from that site I gave you, If your doing all of that you should be growing.

I might add, I have known several people during my life that have had much head knowledge about the Bible, they could answer many questions, yet sadly, they did not use it. So the one who knows little, & uses that which they know, they’re on the right track.

And of course, every Christian are on a different step in their walk with God, & we will not reach maturity until we graduate going home to be with our Lord.

A dating site having many from many different denominations does not impress me the least bit, for many denominations do not even teach people how to be saved, they do teach them to trust in false teachings, of being saved by works, by baptizing, & such. There is only one way a person can be saved, it is by grace though faith in Jesus Christ, it is not of works, its not of self, it is a gift of God.

I might add, only about 20 % of professing Christians holds to the fact, that one is saved ONLY by faith in Jesus, not of self, not of works. Most churches teach several paths, yet leave this one out.

Sorry this post is so long, I usually stay with much shorter post & that I cover more than one subject, but it seemed to have to be that way to in order to give you an answer.

Adding one more choice does not eliminate the fallacy. You have to argument for the choices you present. And I think you mean understanding... not understatement right?
I don't think that making a misjudgment about someone affects one's worthiness unless you believe in "pastor's Infallibility".
I am not ashamed of anything... I asked for your arguments. Regarding salvation issue please check the topic where I present myself in the Introduction Forum, as this is another topic.
I thought it had nothing to do with what one "knows"... but with what one believes... maybe you'd care to explain how that relates to the topic at hand.
My opinion about dating sites was not meant to impress anyone... it was simply my opinion to not attribute to technology a mistake we ourselves can make. Technology exists to serve humans we just need to know how to use it. I still don't get what is your argument against such sites... it seems you are simply against other denominations: As far as I know the World is filled of other denominations, does the World not impress you? And what does my argument do that makes you believe that I have an ill conceived understanding (or understatement) of Scripture?
One in Christ,
D

• Members

Dear Jerry80871852,
As being corrected seems to hurt you I will not make any transcript of the grammar errors you might have made... but please, if others have the care to write to you in proper english, it would be most charitable if you replied with the same care.

Adding one more choice does not eliminate the fallacy. You have to argument for the choices you present. And I think you mean understanding... not understatement right?
I don't think that making a misjudgment about someone affects one's worthiness unless you believe in "pastor's Infallibility".
I am not ashamed of anything... I asked for your arguments. Regarding salvation issue please check the topic where I present myself in the Introduction Forum, as this is another topic.
I thought it had nothing to do with what one "knows"... but with what one believes... maybe you'd care to explain how that relates to the topic at hand.
My opinion about dating sites was not meant to impress anyone... it was simply my opinion to not attribute to technology a mistake we ourselves can make. Technology exists to serve humans we just need to know how to use it. I still don't get what is your argument against such sites... it seems you are simply against other denominations: As far as I know the World is filled of other denominations, does the World not impress you? And what does my argument do that makes you believe that I have an ill conceived understanding (or understatement) of Scripture?
One in Christ,
D

You make so many judgments about me, & try to tear apart anything I post. I through posting to you, you want no help, all you want is to tear down & a soap box on this forum to proclaim your false beliefs.

As for being saved or lost, with each new post you seem to be lost, & you refuse to answer the question on how to get to heaven that has been asked by James.

So in your own words, could you please tell me how to get to heaven? There's a knife in my back, I've just been hit by a car and my body is crushed; I want to go to heaven! Please tell me how to get there. There's not much time left before I bleed out. What must I do sir???

Refusing to answer James’s question, all I can do is go by your words, your fruit, as this verse tells me to do. Mt 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Good day,
Jerry

• Members

I see nothing wrong with a so-called Christian dating site but you should be very careful as with anything. Some men or women just might not be in a church that has any eligible prospects. I am speaking of older people on their own though.

Edited by Wilchbla