• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Wayne Allyn Root

Do you really think this guy was a college classmate class of '83?

This is an old story but, I don't recall seeing it before.

"

As Glenn Beck correctly predicted from day one, Obama is following the plan of Cloward & Piven, two professors at Columbia University."

• Members

Doesn't matter to me if he was or wasn't. Likely he was attending at the same time, as it should be easy to prove if he's lying.

I hadn't seen the article before, but fully agree with it. I'm old enough to have seen how this country has changed over the last 40-50 years. Suffered the consequences of the dismantling of the economic engine when jobs for the average Joe went overseas.

Born of depression era parents, have watched the switch from self-sufficiency and independence to reliance on the government to supply every need for those who'll kiss the hand of the ones who feed them. Graduating from HS and college in the mid sixties positioned me in the right place to watch what's happened to our education system. Joining the workforce, at that time, as also allowed me to watch, with alarm, for many years, the path this country has taken.

Now adays, I can't help from wondering if we are indeed in the final days. God, in His wisdom, has had enough!?!. So, what we're seeing is possibly the the fulfillment of what has been fortold. The US has to fall, at least to some measure, in order for the one world government and one world religion to fully arise.

Root, Beck, and others are simply telling us who the players are and how it's coming about. When Obama gets into office for 4 more years, he won't need to worry about being re-elected. He'll be busy, instead, along with his puppet masters, pulling in all those loose strings that have been laid all around us. If he doesn't get 4 more years, it'll only slow down the process, a bit, maybe. But, only if that's God's intent, not the crowd in Washington.

As I've often said, I fear most for the young generations behind me. Regardless of whether Jesus comes one morning soon, or not, it won't be many years, if that, before I join Him. My great nieces and nephews may have front row seats, while I'm watching from afar.

• Moderators

The last days, though, are not dependent on America's (or Canada's!) rise or fall. Her fate has no bearing on the imminent return of Christ or the onset of the Tribulation, and really cannot be used as a barometer to predict those events.

Edited by salyan

• Members

The last days, though, are not dependent on America's (or Canada's!) rise or fall. Her fate has no bearing on the imminent return of Christ or the onset of the Tribulation, and really cannot be used as a barometer to predict those events.

So very true!

I find it interesting sometimes as I read Christian works from the 1700s or 1800s and the author is speaking of it being the end times and that the end must be soon. Oftentimes the author is referring to something of the times then, sometimes how bad things were in England, with the inference that bad things in England at that time meant the end was near.

He we are 2, 3 or more centuries from then and Christians say the same sort of thing.

However, the end of the world isn't dependent upon the country we happen to live in, it all depends upon God's set plan for when the end will be.

• Members

No, we can't just look at the U.S. however, we can see this same thing occurring globally. The barometer here in the U.S. appears to have been made by the same company that's selling around the globe. It's giving the same read out in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Asia, etc. I don't think we're being an end time prognosticator just because we take note of world events; by all means everyone continue to take note or, "watch therefore."

• Members

That's true, but just the same, Jesus' coming for His own is imminent, & could take place at any moment. And in the Bible it seemed that even Paul though it was imminent during his life time.

• Members

So very true!

I find it interesting sometimes as I read Christian works from the 1700s or 1800s and the author is speaking of it being the end times and that the end must be soon. Oftentimes the author is referring to something of the times then, sometimes how bad things were in England, with the inference that bad things in England at that time meant the end was near.

He we are 2, 3 or more centuries from then and Christians say the same sort of thing.

However, the end of the world isn't dependent upon the country we happen to live in, it all depends upon God's set plan for when the end will be.

And that is why I do not care for those that deal with prophesy of future events much of the time, or even all the time, they'er busy connecting current events with this or that in the
Bible & times passes on & proves them wrong, them they just keep adding to their mistakes. And people keep listening to them, as if they're given special knowledge, which of course many of them act, talk, as if they have special knowledge. And all they do in the end is hinder the Gospel. We have enough to do by just carrying forward of going,
teaching, & baptizing as Jesus has commanded us.

Its quite amazing at the money spent by some churches bringing in prophesy preachers, teachers, & the money spent on buying prophesy books, with time proving them wrong on their predictions.

• Members

And that is why I do not care for those that deal with prophesy of future events much of the time, or even all the time, they'er busy connecting current events with this or that in the
Bible & times passes on & proves them wrong, them they just keep adding to their mistakes. And people keep listening to them, as if they're given special knowledge, which of course many of them act, talk, as if they have special knowledge. And all they do in the end is hinder the Gospel. We have enough to do by just carrying forward of going,
teaching, & baptizing as Jesus has commanded us.

Its quite amazing at the money spent by some churches bringing in prophesy preachers, teachers, & the money spent on buying prophesy books, with time proving them wrong on their predictions.

Jerry, I agree and disagree with you, at the same time. Jesus plainly tells us that even He doesn't know when the Father will bring this world to an end. Anyone who claims they know the date is a false prophet, whether they truly believe what they're saying or someone with an agenda. Be it "control" over people or to make a buck. Christ could come with this morning's sunrise or with one a thousand years, from now.

That said, scriptures also tell us to watch for His coming and be prepared. Matthew 24:
42Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

In Matthew, we are told some of the things we'll see come to past, prior to His return. As watchmen and teachers shouldn't we use what we see to help others "be ye also ready"?

Even though we're not under the OT, it also teaches us about God's wrath and what happened to peoples who didn't heed His word. We know what happened, over and over again. The NT tells us to watch what happens and be prepared.

Right now there's thunder and lightening outside. Because I'm watching the weather radar along with hearing and seeing the storm approaching, I need to shut down this computer to be prepared. It's also my responsbility to warn anyone else, that I might know, who needs to do the same.

I see the signs of an approaching storm. That doesn't mean it'll be the one with a tornado that destorys my home. It does mean it has the potential to crash this computer and cause other damage. Thus, I need to be prepared. We all need to be prepared and to teach others, as I don't know what the rest of this morning will bring.

On that note, I'm outta here. Thunder is louder. (Signs of end of times, also growing stronger?)

• Members

There's clues, yet, it could happen at any moment, & the Bible is clear on this.

Mt 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

No matter how much we watch, He will come at a time we think not.

At the moment its looks as if the bottom is going to drop out of the clouds, letting loose rain, thunder, & such. Seems we have the clam before the storm.

• Members

I agree Jerry. We should study what Scripture says about such matters, but continually trying to fit each portion of Scripture to something happening right now isn't the best approach. Unfortunately, most prophecy conferences, events and speakers are not simply speaking on Scripture, they are trying to paint their version of how they think it's all being played out right now.

The fact some have been doing this for centuries, and have all been wrong, should prove something. Whether those in the 1800s looking at the problems in England as being signs of the end, or those in the 1970s pointing to the Soviet Union as a sign of the end, it's not helpful.

We are called upon to occupy until He returns. We are called upon to be expecting His return at any hour. In being called to be watching for His return at any time, we are also called to be about His business at all times so when He does return we are being the salt and light we are commanded to be.

We are not called upon to spend so much time trying to fit current events into Bible prophecy and then continually watch the news and update our predictions accordingly.

Our call to watch and be prepared comes in the form of action, as we are called to be about doing the job He gave us to do at all times so when He does return He finds us working for Him, not being lazy, not caught up in some hobby, not just doing our own thing.