• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Who I am and what I am looking for...

• Members

I didn't say so Daniel, the Scriptures, God says so.

The Scriptures say many things... can you be more specific?

No one "follows God all their life". There has to be a specific, definite point where one is biblically born again in Christ or they are not saved, they are still lost and condemned to hell.

"Following" God on our own, getting baptized, attending church, means nothing without biblically being born again.

You had one moment where you repented from your past sins and declared Jesus is your Saviour...
I do it every day.

• Members

The Scriptures say many things... can you be more specific?

You had one moment where you repented from your past sins and declared Jesus is your Saviour...
I do it every day.

That's not accurate or biblical.

There is ONE way and it's God's way as recorded in Scriptue and which has been posted here several times for your benefit. The longer you put off being biblically born again in Christ, the more you risk spending an eternity in hell.

• Members

I do it every day.

Daniel, do you practice Popery or are you a member of one of her harlots? Seems to me that you repent to keep your salvation. Works salvation is from the fickle mind of man and not the Bible. Nobody is going to heaven based on works, not the Pope, the Bhuddist, the Mohammaden, the Mormon, Jehovah's Witness, etc. All will have their part in the Lake of Fire.

• Members

That's not accurate or biblical.

There is ONE way and it's God's way as recorded in Scriptue and which has been posted here several times for your benefit. The longer you put off being biblically born again in Christ, the more you risk spending an eternity in hell.

It is not Biblical to repent when we sin?

Daniel, do you practice Popery or are you a member of one of her harlots? Seems to me that you repent to keep your salvation. Works salvation is from the fickle mind of man and not the Bible. Nobody is going to heaven based on works, not the Pope, the Bhuddist, the Mohammaden, the Mormon, Jehovah's Witness, etc. All will have their part in the Lake of Fire.

I repent after having sinned...
I repent because I worship God... not the World.

• Members

It is not Biblical to repent when we sin?

I repent after having sinned...
I repent because I worship God... not the World.

Our own form of repentance isn't what saves us, only repentance unto salvation in Christ which makes one born again, a new creature in Christ, is of any real meaning. As Jesus said, "ye must be born again."

• Members

You folks were right about Daniel. He's a deceiver and not interested in spiritual things as evidenced by his vague and evasive answers of questions posed to him. It's a terrible tragedy to see one so deceived by wolves posing as sheep that they've become blind and are unable to discern truth from error.

• Members

You folks were right about Daniel. He's a deceiver and not interested in spiritual things as evidenced by his vague and evasive answers of questions posed to him. It's a terrible tragedy to see one so deceived by wolves posing as sheep that they've become blind and are unable to discern truth from error.

Indeed, which is why he so much needs to hear the Gospel message of salvation, repent and be born again in Christ. The longer he puts this off, the more in danger he is of having his heart so hardened and his conscience so seared, that he will be forever lost.

Now is the day of salvation! It's always exceedingly dangerous to put it off or let anything else get in the way of being born again in Christ now.

• Members

I know that I am new here and have not posted very much but the truth of the scripture stands. This whole thread where many have tried to present the gospel truth about repentace and it has been regected reminds me of the third chapter of 2 Timothy:

3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3:3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 3:7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

We are to stand firm on what sayth the word of God!!

• Members

I know that I am new here and have not posted very much but the truth of the scripture stands. This whole thread where many have tried to present the gospel truth about repentace and it has been regected reminds me of the third chapter of 2 Timothy:

We are to stand firm on what sayth the word of God!!

I already posted several times that I am repentant of all my sins. From the very first answers I gave to question people made me I was very clear about the fact that I sin and that because I acknowledge those sins are evil and turn me away from the Lord which is why I repent and ask for His forgiveness.
You have not yet showed me what I did wrong.
Some people seem to judge me because I don't subscribe to the "once saved forever saved" (or whatever you call it) false doctrine... but that doesn't mean I don't have Faith in the Lord and that I believe in Eternal Life. The problem for you is that I use a different terminology and don't believe in the false doctrine of "once saved forever saved". I believe Jesus Christ died in the Cross to atone for my sins, and that when I repent of my sins God's Grace is in me because He loves me. I believe in Eternal Life. I believe that if I do not fall from Grace until God chooses to take me to Him I will be with Him in Paradise as He promised the "good thief".
More... I came here to learn about Baptists because I thought they followed the Word of God... but apparently they just use it to bash others. I have seen this from many sects before. I am only 26 years old but I have been trashed, anathematized, insulted, and worse because of my Faith in the Word. When I thought I was alone in the middle of sin and rejected by all, God showed me the Way... to Love Him and forget the World. And He has been with me consistently. I have been nothing more than honest about everything I said and the answers I gave.
I leave this Forum with just one desire... that God can fill your hearts of His infinite Love because brothers... I didn't feel a thing from you.
Only 3 people in this Forum loved me and taught me. I will not say their names but they know who they are. I say this to thank them for I will not come back. I will pray for you all, that God gives you a long and healthy life and shower you with His Grace. I leave with an apology... for not being able to create dialogue with you. May God forgive me and clean my tongue that I may speak no evil. That you may go to the altar knowing I have nothing against you.
Goodbye brothers and sisters.
For the Sake of the Name.

• Members
dskysmine said:

Some people seem to judge me because I don't subscribe to the "once saved forever saved" (or whatever you call it) false doctrine... but that doesn't mean I don't have Faith in the Lord and that I believe in Eternal Life. The problem for you is that I use a different terminology and don't believe in the false doctrine of "once saved forever saved".

I know you said that you are leaving but I must respond to this statement. What you say is denying the word of God:

(Heb 5:8) Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
(Heb 5:9) And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
(Heb 5:10) Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.
Edited by Old Regular

• Members

Indeed, which is why he so much needs to hear the Gospel message of salvation, repent and be born again in Christ. The longer he puts this off, the more in danger he is of having his heart so hardened and his conscience so seared, that he will be forever lost.

Now is the day of salvation! It's always exceedingly dangerous to put it off or let anything else get in the way of being born again in Christ now.

He has been hearing the Gospel, but he twist the Gospel around making it no effect.

Tit 3:9 ¶ But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
Tit 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
Tit 3:11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

We tried, yet he has to be willing, & he has shown what he thinks about the Gospel. And here at OB we are say past the 1st & 2nd admonition, he is using the soap box to proclaim his false teachings.

• Members

The one and only way to salvation in Christ has been presented many times, yet ignored and/or rejected.

The proof of "once saved, always saved" has also been posted. Anyone truly born again in Christ cannot be "unborn", and Scripture is very clear about that. If ever there appears to be a Christian who "loses his salvation", that itself is proof that person was never a biblical Christian at all.

As the Apostle John said in his letter, they went out from us because they were never of us.

• Members

Mt 7:21 ¶ Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mt 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Mt 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Unfortunately, these people had faith, yet their faith was place in false teachings, & Jesus tells them I never knew you. Many people will hear those dreadful words, yet they will have no one to blame but their self, for they chose to believe a lie.

How To Know You Are Going To Heaven

Simple Salvation

Perhaps this will help on this subject.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

One is saved only by faith in Jesus, not of self, not of works, it is the gift of God, just as the Bible proclaims in very simple easy to understand words above. That is, its not by church membership, not by being baptized. not by anything whatsoever you can do for yourself & or someone else can do for you. Of course those 2 sites will explain this.

• Members

Sadly, this fellow's prayers have never been answered by God. Ohh what a shame that he doesn't have the Holy Ghost inside and a personal relationship with Christ!

Psalm 66:18 - "If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:"

John 9:31 - "Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth."

Daniel, know that those of us who have judged you by the Scriptures and discerned the truth about you will be praying for your salvation. Don't harden your heart and embrace those false doctrines just because you were born into them or those you love embrace them. We are commanded to love the Lord more than anyone else and to do that we have to be obediant to Him. To do that we have to learn and keep the doctrines that Christ has commanded us to follow.

Christ died one time, at Calvary, to atone for your sins. Do you know the verse? Every time you do penance and eat His flesh and drink His blood you are showing the Lord that his death at Calvary was meaningless. I tremble with fear knowing the judgement due to you for such blasphemy!

"By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;" - Hebrews 10:10-12

Daniel, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel."