• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

John81

Ezekiel 38 & 39

John the rapture of the church age could have happened any time. These prophecies pertain to the day of the Lord and the second coming. However, since the appearing of Jesus at the rapture of the church age believers happens before the day of the Lord and the the day of the Lord is very,very near and hasteth greatly, the rapture MUST come soon!

As we know Thanks Giving is near because we see Christmas advertizing so we know the rapture is near because Israel is back in their land!

That's what I said. Since you say the rapture couldn't be near because there was no Israel, that means there could not have been any possibility of an imminent return of Christ prior to 1948.

This reminds me of those who said the restoration of the nation of Israel in 1948 meant that Christ would return no later than 1968 because of prophecy, as they read it, concerning ther restoration of Israel and one generation. When Christ didn't return by 1968 but Israel did capture Jerusalem in war, they decided that Christ would return no later than 1988, another generation, this one from the time Israel controlled Jerursalem. When Christ again didn't return as their interpretation of prophecy indicated, they once again came up with a new view.

Similar has happened throughout history, with virtually every generation pointing to something that was occuring in their time to be proof the coming of Christ and end of the world were near...the black death, freak weather in early America, the Dust Bowl in America, WWII, etc.

I've read these chapters plenty and still can't figure them out. Seems to me that the events concerning God and Magog occur after the 1,000 year reign of Christ yet in these chapters the battle seems to take place before the millenial reign. Who knows. All I know is much bigger problems in my life to be concerned about then banging my head on the wall trying to make head or tails over this stuff.

That's what I said. Since you say the rapture couldn't be near because there was no Israel, that means there could not have been any possibility of an imminent return of Christ prior to 1948.

This reminds me of those who said the restoration of the nation of Israel in 1948 meant that Christ would return no later than 1968 because of prophecy, as they read it, concerning ther restoration of Israel and one generation. When Christ didn't return by 1968 but Israel did capture Jerusalem in war, they decided that Christ would return no later than 1988, another generation, this one from the time Israel controlled Jerursalem. When Christ again didn't return as their interpretation of prophecy indicated, they once again came up with a new view.

Similar has happened throughout history, with virtually every generation pointing to something that was occuring in their time to be proof the coming of Christ and end of the world were near...the black death, freak weather in early America, the Dust Bowl in America, WWII, etc.

I mentioned this before to you. The generation that shall not pass is the generation on earth when the tribulation begins. Anotherwards, that generation won't be wiped out before Christ returns. The reason they keep messing this up with the 1948 stuff is they think Israel becoming a nation again in 1948 was a fulfillment of prophecy which it isn't.

John you miss read my post.

"John the rapture of the church age could have happened any time. These prophecies pertain to the day of the Lord and the second coming. However, since the appearing of Jesus at the rapture of the church age believers happens before the day of the Lord and the the day of the Lord is very,very near and hasteth greatly, the rapture MUST come soon!

As we know Thanks Giving is near because we see Christmas advertizing so we know the rapture is near because Israel is back in their land!"

There could not be a second coming of Jesus till Israel was back in Israel. Is that more clear?

Edited by Eric Stahl

John you miss read my post.

"John the rapture of the church age could have happened any time. These prophecies pertain to the day of the Lord and the second coming. However, since the appearing of Jesus at the rapture of the church age believers happens before the day of the Lord and the the day of the Lord is very,very near and hasteth greatly, the rapture MUST come soon!

As we know Thanks Giving is near because we see Christmas advertizing so we know the rapture is near because Israel is back in their land!"

There could not be a second coming of Jesus till Israel was back in Israel. Is that more clear?

If the belief is that we have rapture, 7 years tribulation, 2nd coming, and Israel has to be in place during the tribulation, then how could the rapture have occured at any time prior to 1948 if the tribulation begins immediately afterwards and Israel had to be in place at that time?

I've read these chapters plenty and still can't figure them out. Seems to me that the events concerning God and Magog occur after the 1,000 year reign of Christ yet in these chapters the battle seems to take place before the millenial reign. Who knows. All I know is much bigger problems in my life to be concerned about then banging my head on the wall trying to make head or tails over this stuff.

Yes, and greater minds than ours have come to the same conclusion. God doesn't reveal every detail to us, God doesn't make all things plain, God does keep some things to Himself. What we ARE responsible for are those things God does make very clear, such as the need to be born again, to spread the Gospel and make disciples, to pursue holiness, to surrender our will and follow Christ fully, being His ambassadors, salt and light.

Whenever and however our end comes, may we be about the will of God and walking in Christ.

If the belief is that we have rapture, 7 years tribulation, 2nd coming, and Israel has to be in place during the tribulation, then how could the rapture have occurred at any time prior to 1948 if the tribulation begins immediately afterwards and Israel had to be in place at that time?

There may be a gap of a few years between the rapture and the signing of the covenant to start the last 7 years. But you are right that Israel would have to be back in the land near the time of the antichrist in order for the antichrist to divide the land after God caused all the nonbelievers who heard the gospel truth to believe the lie of the antichrist 2 Thessalonians 2:8-12. Edited by Eric Stahl