• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Mid Point of the Tribulation Period

• Members

Rev. 11:14-15, "The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.
15) And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever."

It looks to me like it's the end on the Tribulation.

I believe the 3rd woe and the 7th trumpet judgment is the devil being cast to the earth for 3.5 years.

Revelation 12–14 KJV
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he
persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

• Members

Why? Everything describing the 7th Trumpet identifies it with the end of the Tribulation, not the middle.

Maybe I'm jumping in over my head, but some claim the trumpets are not always viewed correctly and this is why some believe the rapture will occur at mid-trib. This is the point I've seen pre-trib and mid-trib folks debating, with regards to when that particular trumpet sounds.

• Members

Maybe I'm jumping in over my head, but some claim the trumpets are not always viewed correctly and this is why some believe the rapture will occur at mid-trib. This is the point I've seen pre-trib and mid-trib folks debating, with regards to when that particular trumpet sounds.

A lot of people take the passage about the Rapture taking place at "the last trump" and try to apply it to the 7th Trumpet, the idea being that the last trump is the final trumpet judgment in the Tribulation.

A couple problems with that teaching:

1. There are a lot of trumpets blown in the Millennium for feasts (yay for feasts!). To take the ultra-literal saying of the church being rapture at the last trump doesn't fit, God will keep on using trumpets.

2. The seventh trumpet is not the middle of the Tribulation, it is the end. Everything that is described in the seventh trumpet and chapter 11 of Revelation is what happens at or around the time of Armageddon. So that in of itself doesn't work for it being a mid-Trib rapture. Just because it's in the middle of Revelation doesn't mean it's in the middle of the Tribulation.

Throughout the Bible and history trumpets are used to issue military orders and move armies. It makes sense to me that the last trump is just the last order given to the body of Christ, that is to "come up hither!"

Numbers 10:1-10, "And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
2) Make thee two trumpets of silver; of a whole piece shalt thou make them: that thou mayest use them for the calling of the assembly, and for the journeying of the camps. 3) And when they shall blow with them, all the assembly shall assemble themselves to thee at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
4) And if they blow but with one trumpet, then the princes, which are heads of the thousands of Israel, shall gather themselves unto thee.
5) When ye blow an alarm, then the camps that lie on the east parts shall go forward.
6) When ye blow an alarm the second time, then the camps that lie on the south side shall take their journey: they shall blow an alarm for their journeys.
7) But when the congregation is to be gathered together, ye shall blow, but ye shall not sound an alarm.
8) And the sons of Aaron, the priests, shall blow with the trumpets; and they shall be to you for an ordinance for ever throughout your generations.
9) And if ye go to war in your land against the enemy that oppresseth you, then ye shall blow an alarm with the trumpets; and ye shall be remembered before the LORD your God, and ye shall be saved from your enemies.
10) Also in the day of your gladness, and in your solemn days, and in the beginnings of your months, ye shall blow with the trumpets over your burnt offerings, and over the sacrifices of your peace offerings; that they may be to you for a memorial before your God: I am the LORD your God."

• Members

A lot of people take the passage about the Rapture taking place at "the last trump" and try to apply it to the 7th Trumpet, the idea being that the last trump is the final trumpet judgment in the Tribulation.

1. There are a lot of trumpets blown in the Millennium for feasts (yay for feasts!). To take the ultra-literal saying of the church being rapture at the last trump doesn't fit, God will keep on using trumpets.

2. The seventh trumpet is not the middle of the Tribulation, it is the end. Everything that is described in the seventh trumpet and chapter 11 of Revelation is what happens at or around the time of Armageddon. So that in of itself doesn't work for it being a mid-Trib rapture. Just because it's in the middle of Revelation doesn't mean it's in the middle of the Tribulation.

Throughout the Bible and history trumpets are used to issue military orders and move armies. It makes sense to me that the last trump is just the last order given to the body of Christ, that is to "come up hither!"

2) Make thee two trumpets of silver; of a whole piece shalt thou make them: that thou mayest use them for the calling of the assembly, and for the journeying of the camps. 3) And when they shall blow with them, all the assembly shall assemble themselves to thee at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
4) And if they blow but with one trumpet, then the princes, which are heads of the thousands of Israel, shall gather themselves unto thee.
5) When ye blow an alarm, then the camps that lie on the east parts shall go forward.
6) When ye blow an alarm the second time, then the camps that lie on the south side shall take their journey: they shall blow an alarm for their journeys.
7) But when the congregation is to be gathered together, ye shall blow, but ye shall not sound an alarm.
8) And the sons of Aaron, the priests, shall blow with the trumpets; and they shall be to you for an ordinance for ever throughout your generations.
9) And if ye go to war in your land against the enemy that oppresseth you, then ye shall blow an alarm with the trumpets; and ye shall be remembered before the LORD your God, and ye shall be saved from your enemies.
10) Also in the day of your gladness, and in your solemn days, and in the beginnings of your months, ye shall blow with the trumpets over your burnt offerings, and over the sacrifices of your peace offerings; that they may be to you for a memorial before your God: I am the LORD your God."

Yep, that's the argument!

Whenever it comes, I pray my family will be ready.

• Members

Rick this explains what will happen at the 7th trumpet.

Did you notice that the third woe corresponds to the seventh trumpet judgment?
Verse twelve indicates that the Devil is the third woe! Then the passage goes on to say that the people of Israel are carried away on the wings of what will most likely be the American eagle, to the uttermost part of the earth to the isles in the sea (Isaiah 5:24–30). It will be for three-and-a-half times, or three-and-a-half years. The sixth trumpet judg- ment was finished one hour after the two witnesses completed their 1260 day ministry and completed the first half of the seven-year tribulation. The seventh trumpet judgment and third woe will last through the last three-and-a-half years of the tribulation and will complete the seven-year tribulation period. Therefore, the seventh trumpet judgment lasts for the whole time of the great tribulation.
If you were taught that Revelation 11:15 refers to the end of the tribulation, I hope you now understand that the seventh trumpet judgment occurs in the middle of it. Yes, the kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of God and His Son Jesus Christ in the middle of the tribulation by heavenly warfare.

THE GREAT TRIBULATION �� 109

Isaiah 24:17–23 KJV
17 Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth.
18 And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.
19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.
20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.
21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.
22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.
23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the Lord of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.

In the tribulation period, after the earth starts to reel to and fro because of the asteroid impact in Revelation 8:8, the host of the high ones is Satan and his rebellious angels. They will be gathered to the earth together with the kings of the earth by God, and the rebellious angels will be imprisoned with the rebellious men on the earth and be shut up for many days. It will be for three-and-a-half years, as we saw in Revelation 12:14. God will conquer the Devil and cast him to the earth for judgment. The Lord and His Christ will not occupy the earth during the three-and-a-half years of the great tribulation, but they will own the earth and will use it as a prison. After the battle of Armageddon, Jesus will rule the earth with a rod of iron, or by force. During the last half of the tribulation, God’s judgment of earth will increase in intensity over time.

110 �� AMERICA’S LAST WARNING

15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

Personally I think that during the mid point of the tribulation the two witnesses and the 144,000 will be raptured but I hold this belief lightly. Technically the great tribulation doesn't start until midway through the seven years.

I agree and would add the dead Christians from the first half of the tribulation Revelation 15:1-5

see post on the "Five Phases of the First Resurrection"

• Members

2 resurrection, but resurrection of life has more than 1 phase, & the resurrection of damnation has only one phase.

The different phases of the resurrection of life is a puzzle to many.

Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

• Members

Just how many raptures/resurrections will there be?

I don't agree with the previous post.

As far as I see it the church will be raptured before the seven year tribulation and then the two witnesses along with the 144,000 midway. This would be the "man child" that is caught up in Rev. 12:5 before the woman (Israel) flees into the wilderness for 3 1/2 years. The rest of those on earth have to endure until the end (i.e. the Second Coming of Christ) and avoid taking the mark. Edited by Wilchbla

• Members

I don't agree with the previous post.

As far as I see it the church will be raptured before the seven year tribulation and then the two witnesses along with the 144,000 midway. This would be the "man child" that is caught up in Rev. 12:5 before the woman (Israel) flees into the wilderness for 3 1/2 years. The rest of those on earth have to endure until the end (i.e. the Second Coming of Christ) and avoid taking the mark.

Revelation 15:1-3
1 And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.
2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

The people that had victory over the beast and his image came from the earth after the antichrist came . Therefore they where redeemed saints from the first half of the tribulation because the 7 last plagues had not been poured out yet.

The woman from Revelation chapter 12 is Israel and the man child is Jesus who died and rose again and went back to heaven.