• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Mid Point of the Tribulation Period

• Members

The Mid Point of the Tribulation Period

The 42 months that the Gentiles will have Jerusalem is also the last half of the tribulation period after the Jews flee.

Revelation 11:3–7 KJV
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

These two witnesses are two prophets with powers similar to those of Elijah and Moses. Notice that they are to prophesy for 1260 days. That is three-and-half years, or half of the tribulation. In verse seven, John points out that the two witnesses will fulfill their job of judging the earth while they tell the world Jesus is coming to rule as King. After they have completed their mission for 1260 days, God permits them to be killed as martyrs at the end of the sixth trumpet judgment. After three-and-a-half days, God will raise them from the dead. He will then call them to heaven while the world watches them slowly ascend, just as Jesus did after His resurrection. In verse fourteen, we learn that the second woe, and sixth trumpet judgment, are finished the same hour.
Think about what this means. The sixth trumpet judgment is completed after the 1260 days that the two witnesses preached. Please understand that the finishing of the second woe and sixth trumpet judgment occur at the middle of the seven-year tribulation. Half of the world’s population will be dead by the end of the sixth trumpet judgment and the first half of the tribulation period. There will not be a lasting peace in the first half of the tribulation period. The tribulation starts with a peace treaty, but Paul says, “When they say peace and safety, sudden destruction cometh upon them” (1 Thessalonians 5:3).

Revelation 11:15
And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

WHAT HAPPENED TO cause the kingdoms of this world to become
the kingdoms of our Lord and His Christ?

Revelation 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against
the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

When the seventh angel blows the trumpet to start the second half of the tribulation period called the great tribulation, God declares war on Satan. God sends the archangel Michael with the faithful angels to defeat the dragon we call the Devil, or Satan. Satan will be cast to the earth with the rebellious angels, and we see that the dragon, or Satan, will persecute Israel (the woman) for a short time.
Did you notice that the third woe corresponds to the seventh trumpet judgment?
Verse twelve indicates that the Devil is the third woe! Then the passage goes on to say that the people of Israel are carried away on the wings of an eagle. It will be for three-and-a-half times, or three-and-a-half years. The sixth trumpet judgment was finished one hour after the two witnesses completed their 1260 day ministry and completed the first half of the seven-year tribulation. The seventh trumpet judgment and third woe will last through the last three-and-a-half years of the tribulation and will complete the seven-year tribulation period. Therefore, the seventh trumpet judgment lasts for the whole time of the great tribulation.
If you were taught that Revelation 11:15 refers to the end of the tribulation, I hope you now understand that the seventh trumpet judgment occurs in the middle of it. Yes, the kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of God and His Son Jesus Christ in the middle of the tribulation by heavenly warfare.

Revelation 8:8, In verse 21 the host of the high ones is Satan and his rebellious angels. They will be gathered to the earth together with the kings of the earth by God, and the rebellious angels will be imprisoned with the rebellious men on the earth and be shut up for many days. It will be for three-and-a-half years, as we saw in Revelation 12:14. God will conquer the Devil and cast him to the earth for judgment. The Lord and His Christ will not occupy the earth during the three-and-a-half years of the great tribulation, but they will own the earth and will use it as a prison. After the battle of Armageddon, Jesus will rule the earth with a rod of iron, or by force. During the last half of the tribulation, God’s judgment of earth will increase in intensity over time.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

As you pointed out, the 7th Trumpet declares the kingdoms of this world to be the kingdom of Christ. If we have 3 1/2 more years of unsheathed hell on Earth that doesn't make any sense. The 7th Trumpet is the end of the Tribulation, as is also the 7th Seal, Rev. 14, and Rev. 19. They all tie in with the descriptions given in Matthew 24, Joel 2, Zech 14, etc.

At the mid-point of the Tribulation there is a war in Heaven, the Antichrist declares himself to be God and commits the Abomination of Desolation, and the Jews flee to the place prepared for them in the wilderness.

• Members

As you pointed out, the 7th Trumpet declares the kingdoms of this world to be the kingdom of Christ. If we have 3 1/2 more years of unsheathed hell on Earth that doesn't make any sense. The 7th Trumpet is the end of the Tribulation, as is also the 7th Seal, Rev. 14, and Rev. 19. They all tie in with the descriptions given in Matthew 24, Joel 2, Zech 14, etc.

At the mid-point of the Tribulation there is a war in Heaven, the Antichrist declares himself to be God and commits the Abomination of Desolation, and the Jews flee to the place prepared for them in the wilderness.

Revelation 8:13 tells us that the last 3 trumpet judgments are woes because they are terrible. They do not happen at the same time!

The 5th trumpet and first woe are finished in Revelation 9:12.

The 6th trumpet and second woe is finished in Revelation 11:14 with in the same hour that the two witnesses have finished their 1260 day witness.

The 7th trumpet and 3rd woe begin after the second woe is finished not at the same time read Rev 11:14. The devil being cast to the earth where he will persecute Israel for a time, times, and half a time or 3.5 years is the 3rd woe Revelation 12:12-14 is the last half of the tribulation.
1260 days + 3.5 years = 7 years or what we call the tribulation

• Members

Revelation 8:13 tells us that the last 3 trumpet judgments are woes because they are terrible. They do not happen at the same time!

The 5th trumpet and first woe are finished in Revelation 9:12.

The 6th trumpet and second woe is finished in Revelation 11:14 with in the same hour that the two witnesses have finished their 1260 day witness.

The 7th trumpet and 3rd woe begin after the second woe is finished not at the same time read Rev 11:14. The devil being cast to the earth where he will persecute Israel for a time, times, and half a time or 3.5 years is the 3rd woe Revelation 12:12-14 is the last half of the tribulation.
1260 days + 3.5 years = 7 years or what we call the tribulation

Hey bro, I never said the three woes happen at the same time. Please reread my prior post.

I agree that Rev. 12:12-14 is the last half of the Tribulation.

• Members

Hey bro, I never said the three woes happen at the same time. Please reread my prior post.

I agree that Rev. 12:12-14 is the last half of the Tribulation.

The 7th trumpet judgment is the 3rd woe. The woe is the devil cast to the earth for a short time where he will persecute Israel for a time, times, and half a time or 3.5 years. The 7th trumpet judgment begins at the blowing of the 7th trumpet and last till the end of the tribulation. Do you agree Rick? Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

Yes and no.

The Third Woe is the Seventh Trumpet, or at least they happen at pretty much the same time.

Where I disagree with you is the timing of when they occur. They happen at the end of the Tribulation. The Sixth Seal is the end of the Tribulation as well, it is the end of the first account of Christ's second coming in Revelation. The Seventh Trumpet is the end of the second account. Chapter 14 describes the blood coming up to the horse's bridle - it is the end of the third account. The end of the fourth account is the end of the book.

These four accounts focus on different aspects of the Tribulation. My book attempts to explain the four accounts and harmonize them.

Look at this chart to get a better idea of what I'm talking about:

Revchart2.JPG

Edited by Rick Schworer

• Members

Yes and no.

The Third Woe is the Seventh Trumpet, or at least they happen at pretty much the same time.

Where I disagree with you is the timing of when they occur. They happen at the end of the Tribulation. The Sixth Seal is the end of the Tribulation as well, it is the end of the first account of Christ's second coming in Revelation. The Seventh Trumpet is the end of the second account. Chapter 14 describes the blood coming up to the horse's bridle - it is the end of the third account. The end of the fourth account is the end of the book.

These four accounts focus on different aspects of the Tribulation. My book attempts to explain the four accounts and harmonize them.

Look at this chart to get a better idea of what I'm talking about:

Revchart2.JPG

Rick where do you put the 7 Thunder judgments?

• Members

Rick where do you put the 7 Thunder judgments?

Rev. 10:1-7, "And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:
2) And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,
3) And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.
4) And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.
5) And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
6) And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:
7) But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets."

Chapter 10 is parenthetical to the second account. Just as chapter 7 is to the first account, chapter 12 to the third account, and chapters 17 and 18 are to the fourth account, chapter 10 steps aside from the action of the second account for a brief moment. It is the account of the Mighty Angel and John.

The Mighty Angel is speaking in chapter 10, and continues speaking in chapter 11. He refers to the two witnesses as "my two witnesses," so therefore the Mighty Angel is an appearance of Jesus Christ. The Angel blows the seventh trumpet in verse 14, so it would make sense that the 7 thunders happen before the 7th trumpet. If the 7th trumpet is the end of the Tribulation, then it would make sense that the 7 thunders happen right before the end.

Rev. 11:3, "And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth."

Rev. 11:14-15, "The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.
15) And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever."

This also answers the question of when the two witnesses arrive. We see that they are on the earth for 3 1/2 years in verse 3. They are slain here in chapter 11 and then resurrected and called up to Heaven right before the 7th Trumpet. That clearly shows us that they arrive around the middle of the Tribulation and prophesy unto the end.

I would be careful before I called the 7 thunders "judgments." We have no info on them really, other than when they occur. John was going to write about them, and God told him not to. If nothing else, that's God teaching us that some things He just doesn't want us to know yet. They may or may not be judgments, or they may be just declarations - who knows?

• Members

Rick the 6th trumpet judgment and the second woe are finished with in the same hour that the two witnesses have completed their 1260 day witness Revelation 11:12-14. What do you believe is the 3rd woe and 7th trumpet judgment are and how long do they last? Do you have any scripture I can look at to see why you believe what you believe?

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

What is the 3rd woe?

Rev. 11:14-15, "The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.
15) And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever."

It looks to me like it's the end on the Tribulation.