• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Future of Trinity

1 Corinthians 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

1 Corinthians 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Has anyone ever studied through the above with respect to the trinity or the future of the trinity?

• Members

It's something that I found hard to understand, but this passage (including the preceding and following verses) does rule out a future millennium. :)

Curious as to how you find your above statement in the below verses

1 Corinthians 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

1 Corinthians 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all. Edited by 2Tim215

It's something that I found hard to understand, but this passage (including the preceding and following verses) does rule out a future millennium. :)

You guys are persistent if nothing else...back to topic...
1 Corinthians 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
Has anyone ever studied through the above with respect to the trinity or the future of the trinity?

God is eternal after all.
Habakkuk 1:12 "Art thou not from everlasting, O LORD my God, mine Holy One?"

Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"
(bold added for emphasis, understand Habakkuk is being rhetorical)

God the Holy Spirit, God the Son, and God the Father are all God so, I'll finally get to fully comprehend "trinity" when I see Jesus.

The first thing for me is to establish there is a triune Godhead, that is three in one coexistant.
Secondly, that each possesses qualities of diety.
Third, that because of one and two the three are eternal.

• Members

The eschatology post was for Invicta. I was going to start a thread on the millennium based on that passage, but I decided not to for now. So when David mentioned part of that passage, I just said that as a sort of "by the way" thing. I don't really want to discuss eschatology here for a while myself and this is not the thread for it, so disregard that post.

The eschatology post was for Invicta. I was going to start a thread on the millennium based on that passage, but I decided not to for now. So when David mentioned part of that passage, I just said that as a sort of "by the way" thing. I don't really want to discuss eschatology here for a while myself and this is not the thread for it, so disregard that post.

You are forgiven. Now please come participate and provide scripture for this question. Much of it is resolved for me except the end point.

• Members

You are forgiven. Now please come participate and provide scripture for this question. Much of it is resolved for me except the end point.

Now I feel even weirder. For some reason I saw Invicta's name instead of yours on the first post and thought I was replying to him. Was I hallucinating? LOL

What I believe the verse is saying is that Jesus is currently reigning in us until all his enemies should be put at his feet. After this comes the end, at which the kingdom is given up to the Father. In the end, the Father will be over all (He is now, but then probably directly without a mediator). In the Old Covenant, access to the Father was through the Holy Spirit on behalf of what the Son would do (although He was slain before the foundation of the world, visibly and in time that was then future), but it was through the shadow of the sacrificial system, the priesthood, and the holy of holies. In the New Covenant, it is much more direct: we are a priesthood and Jesus is now our high priest, so the connection to the Father for us, while being still through the Holy Spirit on behalf of Jesus' work, is much more direct. At the end, access to the Father will be even more direct. We will see Him face to face, yet I do believe that the Holy Spirit will still be dwelling in us and we will still only have access to the Father on behalf of what Jesus did for us. So, I believe the Trinity is eternal, but the roles change in some way through the ages (OT, NT, Eternity, not 7 disps) in order to bring the Father's reign closer and closer to us.

Now I feel even weirder. For some reason I saw Invicta's name instead of yours on the first post and thought I was replying to him. Was I hallucinating? LOL

What I believe the verse is saying is that Jesus is currently reigning in us until all his enemies should be put at his feet. After this comes the end, at which the kingdom is given up to the Father. In the end, the Father will be over all (He is now, but then probably directly without a mediator). In the Old Covenant, access to the Father was through the Holy Spirit on behalf of what the Son would do (although He was slain before the foundation of the world, visibly and in time that was then future), but it was through the shadow of the sacrificial system, the priesthood, and the holy of holies. In the New Covenant, it is much more direct: we are a priesthood and Jesus is now our high priest, so the connection to the Father for us, while being still through the Holy Spirit on behalf of Jesus' work, is much more direct. At the end, access to the Father will be even more direct. We will see Him face to face, yet I do believe that the Holy Spirit will still be dwelling in us and we will still only have access to the Father on behalf of what Jesus did for us. So, I believe the Trinity is eternal, but the roles change in some way through the ages (OT, NT, Eternity, not 7 disps) in order to bring the Father's reign closer and closer to us.

You're still hard pressed but, I'll consider the parts before the eschatology. I still want to resolve it with scriptures so, the hunt is on! It may or may not be for me to know or understand at this time.

• Members

I can't really help but see it connected with eschatology, but I think you get my drift. I think it could be explained outside my view of eschatology in much the same way, but I can't really separate it too well in my mind because it looks very connected to me. Besides the eschatology, I hope it may have been helpful. :)

• Members

I've heard it taught that the passage is teaching that at some point during the New Heavens and New Earth (or at the end of it?) everything will be absorbed into the Godhead.

Whatever that means.

Either way, we'll be fine with whatever God wants to do, and I'm decidedly undecided on verse 28 because I have no idea what the last phrase means.