• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

WW III?

• Members

What annoys me is that audacity of Israel having to get "approval" from anyone to proactively defend herself from people who have for generations publically sworn to her destruction.

Agreed. I think if they do that they should not tell BO in advance, unless we have troops in harms way.

• Members

I agree, we are close to a major war, & have been getting closer every since we invaded Iraq putting down Saddam Hussein, civil unrest has sped throughout that area & much of the world.

Since Mr. Bush's days in the White House hatred has risen against this United States, & is still on its way up, & I don't believe there will be no stopping it.

• Administrators

That hatred started before Dubya, Jerry. Clinton's antics made us a laughingstock. And, to be honest, civil unrest has been a hallmark of the middle east for many a year - long before the US ever existed. I agree that some of the things we've done have fed the flame, though.

I don't see how we couldn't be near another world war. And it wouldn't surprise me if we ever found out that the "powers that be" planned it...

I totally agree, Rick, that Israel shouldn't have to ask permission...but that is the consequence of accepting money from another government. I know Israel told America they don't need out $ anymore...they can refuse it...I don't think we should be giving any tax $ to any country - Israel included. That isn't what sovereignty is about, and we can show our friendship in ways other than $.

That hatred started before Dubya, Jerry. Clinton's antics made us a laughingstock. And, to be honest, civil unrest has been a hallmark of the middle east for many a year - long before the US ever existed. I agree that some of the things we've done have fed the flame, though.

I don't see how we couldn't be near another world war. And it wouldn't surprise me if we ever found out that the "powers that be" planned it...

I totally agree, Rick, that Israel shouldn't have to ask permission...but that is the consequence of accepting money from another government. I know Israel told America they don't need out $ anymore...they can refuse it...I don't think we should be giving any tax $ to any country - Israel included. That isn't what sovereignty is about, and we can show our friendship in ways other than $.

I agree with you.

• Members

I remember reading a book a few years ago by someone who worked "close" to Clinton (retired military now). Said Clinton was give the opportunity to "have" bin Laden on 2 or more occasions......and we know how that turned out.

I remember reading a book a few years ago by someone who worked "close" to Clinton (retired military now). Said Clinton was give the opportunity to "have" bin Laden on 2 or more occasions......and we know how that turned out.

Yep, oval office smoke.

• Members

Several intelligence agencies and even the Secretary of Defense have said Iran is not currently seeking to build a nuclear bomb. So why all the aggression towards Iran now? It seems as if Obama is purposefully trying to provoke Iran into making move so he can engage them in some way and divert attention away from America's domestic problems.

Obama has told Israel in the past that he will not allow them to fly over or near American forces in order to get to Iran. Obama has also stated he would not provide Israel with any assistance they might need.

Let us not forget that President Reagan basically tossed Israel under the bus after they took out Iraq's nuclear facility. American/Israeli relations have never really recovered from that.

• Members

Point is, its grown rapidly since Mr. Bush took Iraq down. Just take a look around, plus notice the number of countries that have trouble, that are collapsing since Mr. Bush took Iraq down. Our country is trying to police the world, yet our politicians can't even run this country.

• Members

Several intelligence agencies and even the Secretary of Defense have said Iran is not currently seeking to build a nuclear bomb. So why all the aggression towards Iran now? It seems as if Obama is purposefully trying to provoke Iran into making move so he can engage them in some way and divert attention away from America's domestic problems.

Obama has told Israel in the past that he will not allow them to fly over or near American forces in order to get to Iran. Obama has also stated he would not provide Israel with any assistance they might need.

Let us not forget that President Reagan basically tossed Israel under the bus after they took out Iraq's nuclear facility. American/Israeli relations have never really recovered from that.

Be careful, it seems some American just nearly worship that president.

I admit one thing about Mr. Reagan, several times he stated, "Jesus is the answer to our every problem." Yet by his actions that I observed from here I don't believe he acted as if he truly believe that, that perhaps he was using Jesus in his politics.

• Members

Be careful, it seems some American just nearly worship that president.

I admit one thing about Mr. Reagan, several times he stated, "Jesus is the answer to our every problem." Yet by his actions that I observed from here I don't believe he acted as if he truly believe that, that perhaps he was using Jesus in his politics.

Unfortunately there has been built up a "cult of Reagan" and those who buy into this are willing to ignore all those things that go against the premise of the cult. This is very similar to the "cult of FDR" liberals built upt that today even so-called conservatives cling to...even Reagan used to speak highly of FDR.

• Members

Unfortunately there has been built up a "cult of Reagan" and those who buy into this are willing to ignore all those things that go against the premise of the cult. This is very similar to the "cult of FDR" liberals built upt that today even so-called conservatives cling to...even Reagan used to speak highly of FDR.

And Abraham Lincoln.

Americans are very good at setting men on a pedestal they should never set on. Instead of putting them in their proper place,they make a legend out of them.

Legend = A story about mythical or supernatural beings.

Them no other man can ever live up to what they proclaimed them to have.

I have heard preachers use human beings as an example for other Christians to copy, follow, of course with them setting them on such a high pedestal there is no man outside of Christ can live up to the example the preacher has proclaimed. Edited by Jerry80871852

• Members

And Abraham Lincoln.

Americans are very good at setting men on a pedestal they should never set on. Instead of putting them in their proper place,they make a legend out of them.

Legend = A story about mythical or supernatural beings.

Them no other man can ever live up to what they proclaimed them to have.

I have heard preachers use human beings as an example for other Christians to copy, follow, of course with them setting them on such a high pedestal there is no man outside of Christ can live up to the example the preacher has proclaimed.

That's true Jerry. It's also why it can be so hard to try and talk to some people. They are so caught up in their "cult worship" of whoever or whatever that they are blinded to anything which doesn't agree with their cult.