• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

June 1,1998 :-)

• Members

Wow. I haven't typed 1990anything in a long time. That looks weird! lol

But to the topic at hand. :-)

My dad was saved the year I was born though he didn't do a whole lot of growing for years, often not even coming to church with us. And though my mom didn't get saved until I was 13 I was still raised in a "Christian" home per se. We went to church faithfully, were even involved in some activities. So I did the Christian kid "thing" and made a profession of faith when I was 5 or 6. I vaguely remember it but mostly just as an interesting story. lol As I grew up and hit my preteens I was anything but secure about my Salvation though I didn't really think about it as something I needed to sit down and take care of once and for all. lol Instead, I would just say the prayer "just in case" at the end of children's church and things like that. When I was 11 we moved across the country and my Spiritual state continued in the same pattern. All of this time though our family was falling apart at the seems, especially the seem called "Mom". I won't go into details this time but after years and years of pain and trying to "do it right" ... and failing, my mom tried a one last ditch effort by going down to a counseling place in AZ. It was the first day she was there that she realized that she wasn't saved. And got saved. :-D (may I insert here that that day the Lord saved our family. It's only by His grace that we are still intact. Not only intact, but all of us but one are serving the Lord and living the sold out life, growing closer to Him every day. To God be the glory!!!) I was 13 at the time and had begun to feel really nervous about the whole Salvation thing. It was time to figure it out for sure. Being new to the teen class I had recently started going on church visitation. Well one night when my aunt and uncle (also my Pastor and his wife) were over for my brother's birthday I saw my opportunity. I asked my aunt just exactly how you went about leading someone to the Lord. Sneaky, right? lol So she led me through the Romans road and then, at the prompting of the Holy Spirit, she looked at me and said, "Do you want to do this, Sarah?" The dam burst and I said yes. :-) Right there in my living room, not caring who was there, I repented of my sins and asked God to become my Lord and Savior. :-) Best day of my life. :-)

• 2 months later...
Guest Joshua Berndt

I prayed for that other family member you spoke of who isn't saved, or just not serving God. I wasn't sure which you meant.