• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kitagrl

Forcing boy to get chemo

Well, that is what I've been thinking about as I've read some of the other posts about this young boy. Who are we to say about his time? Perhaps when we argue about natural treatments working for some and not for others, or chemo working for some and not for others.........maybe the difference isn't always the difference between their bodies........maybe the difference is that it was just not their "time" yet. Not that we should never take treatment etc., but that maybe we shouldn't fret over it so much, and surely, these parents and their child should be able to make their own decisions knowing that all is in the Lord's hands.

Well, that is what I've been thinking about as I've read some of the other posts about this young boy. Who are we to say about his time? Perhaps when we argue about natural treatments working for some and not for others, or chemo working for some and not for others.........maybe the difference isn't always the difference between their bodies........maybe the difference is that it was just not their "time" yet. Not that we should never take treatment etc., but that maybe we shouldn't fret over it so much, and surely, these parents and their child should be able to make their own decisions knowing that all is in the Lord's hands.

Good thoughts!!!

While watching the TV coverage of this story on the evening news, my wife made an observation tonight that it is so pathetic and hypocritical that many of the very same people who are fighting to "save" this child's life are the very ones who think nothing of killing an innocent baby in the womb.

Excellent point trc! The thing is, for them it's all about control. They would have been fine with this mother killing the child in her womb 13 years ago, but since she decided to have the child they believe they have rights to the child.

This is interesting too:

Is radiation treatment effective?

Ironically, the Hauser case comes just when radiation oncologists are questioning reports on the effectiveness of radiation treatment for Hodgkin?s lymphoma. A review of 61 trial reports that were published between 1998 and 2007, published in the February 1, 2009 issue of the Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, the official journal of the American Society for Radiation Oncology, shows major deficiencies in reports which substantiate this type of treatment. The question is, can cancer doctors assure with certainty that the treatment is science-based, something the new administration in Washington DC is pushing.

Drawbacks of conventional cancer treatment

Conventional cancer treatment consists of harsh drugs and radiation to kill cancer cells in the lymph fluid. But this treatment never addresses the cause of the cancer, which is probably why recurrence rates are high. Childhood Hodgkin?s lymphoma is associated with Epstein-Barr infection, a type of Herpes virus.

Modern cancer therapy ignores any attempt to boost the immune system. Crude studies conducted in the 1930s led to abandonment of therapies to boost the activity of white blood cells. Today, immunotherapy is coming back into vogue and many of the molecules being considered are natural rather than man-made.

Vitamin D, resveratrol commonly found in red wine, quercetin found in red apple peel, omega-3 fatty acids in fish and flaxseed oil, and allicin from garlic are among many natural molecules being tested for use in cancer therapy.

One lab-dish study showed that intravenous vitamin C has a profound effect in quelling non-solid tumors like lymphoma. Resveratrol has been shown to inhibit cancer at all three stages of development ? initiation, growth and spread ? something no modern cancer drug does.

Mischaracterization of cancer patients who refuse care

Cancer patients, and in this case parents of a child with cancer, should not be grossly characterized as mindless or irresponsible. Modern cancer therapy is fraught with serious drawbacks and lack of scientific substantiation.

Full article:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/sardi/sardi110.html

10 The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

Psalms 90:10 (KJV)

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Heb 9:27 (KJV)

How long we live seems to remain a mystery to us and or we could say confusing to us. Of course as has been said, we can rush our death. One way to do that is for the Christians to live in un-confessed sin, doing that our Lord just might call Him home early. That has happened and I believe it still happens.

But we still wonder, if a loved on has been sick and they die, was it the doctors fault they died, or was it just our loved ones time to go. Do you suppose we ought to be careful about saying our loved on died because it was the doctors fault?

I've seen some very elderly people die, Christians, with their family saying, its the doctors fault.

I think its a fact, when our time comes, a doctor cannot save us, no doubt, God holds our life in His hands, and no one dies without His knowledge.

We know this for a fact.

15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

Psalms 116:15 (KJV)

No matter what age the child of God dies at, its precious in the sight of our Lord. We know to, know matter what age we are, He will take care of us, now that is comforting.

Thinking of long life I can't help but think of Enoch.

21 And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah:

22 And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:

23 And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:

24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

Gen 5:21-24 (KJV)

What an epitaph.

All of this said, isn't it wise to use the wisdom God has given us and when we are sick to seek treatment?

I watched as a friend of mine in our church several years ago had her 8 week old baby be diagnosed with severe leukemia. They immediately started her on chemo. She was probably weeks from dying. Her blood was tinged with white from the millions of white cells in her body.

The chemo was awful. Chemo in an infant? Awful.

However she did live until she was 14 mos old. She died then because her only hope, a bone marrow transplant, although it worked, the radiation beforehand killed her liver.

Here's the thing....the treatments were horrible but they allowed the parents a year with their child. Their first and only child. AND at the time, they felt it might give her a hope of life. Now, whether a person wants to live a year watching their child go through pain and suffering is one thing...but every family should have that CHOICE. The little girl had a tremendous will to live and I have the sweetest photos of her smiling....I took a wonderful picture of her at church the week before her transplant...I felt she would not make it, and maybe she did too as she was happier in church than I had ever seen her before. I had to get some snapshots of her beautiful smile. Who is to say the parents were wrong for keeping her alive? On the other hand, had they chosen to end the suffering...who is to say they would have been wrong to let God take her naturally?

These are decisions families must make...not the government.

We should also remember that Trish Souza is here, thanks to chemo in her childhood for leukemia. She is now married to an evangelist and serving God with her four little girls.

These are decisions families must make...not the government. Absolutely! :thumb

We should also remember that Trish Souza is here, thanks to chemo in her childhood for leukemia. She is now married to an evangelist and serving God with her four little girls. :amen:Praise God!

In one of our home town newspapers they're had a series ongoing about cancer survivors, its been quite interesting. One thing all of the have in common, Chemo Therapy, of which many of you talk so against.

The latest one was a 4 year old girl, her adventure started last May. Her mother spoke of surgery, the Chemo Therapy treatments and how bad they are and how hard it was to see her daughter endure. But her daughter just got clean bill of health. She is laughing, running, and playing at 5 years of age. And yes, without Chemo Therapy she would not now be laughing, running, and playing looking forward to starting kindergarten this fall. They included a picture of her, she is just precious. It makes me proud of modern medicine, but makes me wonder about those who do nothing but put it down.

I pray to God that if something like this comes along in your life that you will make the right decision as this mother and father did, but at the same time it will be your right to make the decision that you think be best. It can be a matter of life or death for you or your loved one. And no, doctors are just human, they cannot not cure all cancers or sickness, after all they are just mere humans like us.