• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Forcing boy to get chemo

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Has anyone read or tried 'God's Way to Ultimate Health" and I think it's also kown as the Hallelujah DIet? It proclaims to have cured some cancers and other diseases.

I haven't blossom; however, I would love to read something like that. I wonder if the Christian man that I mentioned above from our church - has read that? I DO know that the "Homeopathic" MD that he goes to is a Christian. =)

God bless,

Molly

• Members

One of the things is that not all people respond the same to various diseases and illnesses and they don't all respond the same to various treatments. What works for one might not work for another or might work differently. What has adverse effects for one might not for another.

Some home remedies (or whatever term one chooses...homeopathic, natural, alternative...etc.) work and some don't. Some work for some people and not for others. Some have great effects on one person and lesser effects for another.

The same thing can be said for mainstream medicine. One person can get chemo and see wonderful results. Another can take chemo and have no positive results. Some face limited side effects from chemo while others experience terrible side effects. The same could be said for various mainstream treatments for heart conditions, arthritis, and virtually all other things.

Each person, including parents, need to learn what they can and make the best decision they can for themselves and their children. The "right" answer won't be the same for everyone.

• Members

Yes, and many who claim they had cancer and natural cures cured them did not have cancer to begin with. And those are the ones that people who sell natural cures use to promote the selling of their goods.

Just as many who make claims of having been cured of arthritis with the use of natural cures did not have arthritis and or their arthritis went into remission.

Those who sell natural cures do not furnish 100 % facts when trying to sell their wares, if they had to furnish 100 % facts very few people would actually try their goods.

The sellers of natural cures use peoples emotions in order to get them to buy and use their products. When people are facing death or some bad illness their emotions can get the best of their good judgment, sad many fall for their gimmicks. Just as many fall for the gimmicks of the false faith healers.

I could start selling stuff for natural cures right now and could come up with thousands of testimonies of how this stuff has cured and helped many people, but the fact is I would not stoop to deceiving people who are in such a state of health just to get their money.

• Members

I've more or less just been following along as this thread progressed, but at this point I think I need to ask a question of all those who say that Chemo and the medical establishment are the answer. Would you allow your Doctor to inject you with poison if he said it would cure you? Because that is what you are talking about here Chemotherapy is a poison, it was originally developed from Mustard Gas post WWII. There are more than 50 different kinds of Chemo now days but everyone of them is still a poison. How is taking poison into your body supposed to be the best cure? If your doctor said I'm going to hook you up to this IV full of Strychnine because I think it will cure you, would you let him?

There are 5 generations in my family on both sides that have had cancer issues, so I am very familiar with the subject, and I can tell you that if either one of my children ever have cancer, I will be selling everything I have to afford to take them to Switzerland. The success rate of cancer patients over there is much higher than in the u.S.A., and the primary treatment for most cancers doesn't involve massive doses of poison to treat the patient.

C

• Members

Sheriff: Boy who fled chemo returns to Minnesota
22 mins ago

MINNEAPOLIS ? A 13-year-old cancer patient and his mother are back in Minnesota after fleeing nearly a week ago to avoid court-ordered chemotherapy, a sheriff's office said Monday.

The Brown County sheriff's office did not provide more details Monday before an evening news conference at the county seat of New Ulm.

Daniel Hauser and his mother, Colleen, had been due to appear in court last Tuesday for a hearing that could have resulted in a judge ordering chemotherapy to treat Daniel for Hodgkin's lymphoma. They missed the court appearance, and the search for them had focused on southern California and Mexico.

A message left for Daniel's attorney Monday afternoon was not immediately returned. An attorney for Colleen and Anthony Hauser was out of town and could not be reached for immediate comment.

Daniel has Hodgkin's lymphoma, which doctors say has a 90 percent chance of being cured in children if treated with chemotherapy and radiation. Without treatment, he has a 5 percent chance of survival.

Daniel underwent one round of chemotherapy in February, but stopped after that single treatment, citing religious beliefs. The family opted instead for natural healing practices inspired by American Indians.

A judge ruled that the parents medically neglected Daniel and ordered them to get him an updated chest X-ray as well as select an oncologist for a re-evaluation. After the X-ray showed a tumor in Daniel's chest has grown, the mother and son left town.

The American Cancer Society estimates there are 35 to 50 clinics in Mexican border towns that attract cancer patients looking for alternatives to traditional U.S. treatment methods.

An FBI affidavit alleges Colleen Hauser fled to avoid being prosecuted on two state counts of depriving another of custodial or parental rights. Brown County family services has been granted custody of Daniel to get him to a pediatric oncologist.

Last Thursday, Anthony Hauser appeared before reporters asking his wife to come home. "If you're out there, please bring Danny home so we can decide as a family what Danny's treatment should be," he said.

At a news conference Thursday, Brown County Sheriff Rich Hoffmann vowed to arrange a safe return for Colleen Hauser without an enforcement action if she shows "a good faith effort to come back."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090525/ap_ ... rced_chemo

• Members
I've more or less just been following along as this thread progressed' date=' but at this point I think I need to ask a question of all those who say that Chemo and the medical establishment are the answer. Would you allow your Doctor to inject you with poison if he said it would cure you? Because that is what you are talking about here Chemotherapy is a poison, it was originally developed from Mustard Gas post WWII. There are more than 50 different kinds of Chemo now days but everyone of them is still a poison. How is taking poison into your body supposed to be the best cure? If your doctor said I'm going to hook you up to this IV full of Strychnine because I think it will cure you, would you let him? [/quote']

Almost any kind of medicine is poison if taken in the wrong dosage. Very few are 100% safe and that includes many "natural" cures. Even aspirin can kill you if you take a whole bottle. Chemo is nasty stuff but so is cancer. Maybe some day they will have something better with fewer side effects but for now various chemo's have the best track record. That said I believe if someone wants to turn it down and try some "natural" potion or do nothing at all they should be able to do so. :2cents

• Members

Chemo is a horrible treatment. That said, it does do some good for some folks with certain cancers and it does no good for other folks, and it's questionable whether the positives or the negatives are greater with others.

As with all forms of treatment, I believe an individual should be able to decide for themselves what treatment to take, how long they want to take it, and whether or not they even want treatment or not.

I know someone who had several warts and the over the counter medicines that help most folks wouldn't help them. They tried treatment directly from a doctor which caused a great deal of pain. Then someone told them to try using duct tape. They tried the duct tape treatment and the warts went away! Likely as not, that treatment wouldn't work for everyone, but it did work for that guy and it's apparently been used by many others over the years effectively. In fact, our son has been being treated for some tough to tackle warts and as part of the treatment plan his doctor said to cover them in duct tape three times a week. This has proven to be very effective.

Like all things, some stuff works, some doesn't. Some works for some but not for others.

• Members
Rev. George M. Malkmus
and his Hallelujah Diet

http://www.quackwatch.com/11Ind/malkmus.html

Sounds like a quack, a false teacher. Much like today's vegetarians who claims its immoral to eat meats.

One of the things is that not all people respond the same to various diseases and illnesses and they don't all respond the same to various treatments. What works for one might not work for another or might work differently. What has adverse effects for one might not for another.

Some home remedies (or whatever term one chooses...homeopathic, natural, alternative...etc.) work and some don't. Some work for some people and not for others. Some have great effects on one person and lesser effects for another.

The same thing can be said for mainstream medicine. One person can get chemo and see wonderful results. Another can take chemo and have no positive results. Some face limited side effects from chemo while others experience terrible side effects. The same could be said for various mainstream treatments for heart conditions, arthritis, and virtually all other things.

Each person, including parents, need to learn what they can and make the best decision they can for themselves and their children. The "right" answer won't be the same for everyone.

:goodpost: This reminds me of "To each his own." What works for one person might not work for another person - as each person's body is unique. I like the saying: "The fingerprints of God."

:goodpost: CP - and Revelation.

My dad was diagnosed with bone marrow cancer - leukemia/ I can't even spell the name on here. It is too long. :) It is a rare form of cancer he contracted by 1987. I will never forget the day that my parents told me in the front hallway of our family home. I was 23 years old. My dad had gone into the hospital b/c the doctor first thought that he had kidney stones. That was obviously not the case. He lived 6 long years - after that. My mom encouraged him to take the treatment. I believe he lived that long to see many of his grandchildren born. He was in and out of "remission" for years. He would catch a cold - and spend days in "isolation" at the hospital. His bones were so fragile that they would break easily - as well.

When he did pass on? The chemotherapy perforated (burned) a huge whole in his stomach. All the years of taking it? It really took a toll on his body. He said that he "never wanted to make a mess out of death." In October of 2003 - my mom called my brothers b/c he vomited blood from his stomach. The paramedics were called - as well. From there he went into a 3 day coma. We called that "His Living Wake." As people know - a person in a coma can hear people when they talk to them. All the family members each spent time with him alone. We said our goodbyes to him. I watched him slip away from this earthly life.

Point being? I really don't think that if me, my hubby and/or son were to get cancer - that we could go through all of that. I dunno. The pain that my dad endured for 6 years was too much. When asked by anyone how he felt? He would always reply "so - so." Although, I knew that it wasn't "so." It was unbearable for my dad and my mom - who cared for him until he died.

God bless,

Molly

• Members

My Mom died of cancer. Dad cared for during those years and saw first hand what chemo does. Dad has said if he ever gets cancer he won't take chemo. Last year his heart doctor "burned" off some areas on his arms and ears that could have become skin cancer if left untreated. An area on one ear was worse than the rest and doctor said if the attempt to "burn" it away didn't work he'd have to cut that section of his ear away and would recommend chemo. Dad told him if he had to that he could cut away on his ear but he wasn't taking any chemo.

My Mom battled cancer for about 15 years; this after doctors originally gave her less than 5 years to live after being diagnosed. Her oldest brother got cancer and it spread so fast he died within a few weeks. His funeral was in August of 2001, my Mom's in July 2002 and my Mom's Mom died of old age early the following year.

• Members

The main point, no one should be made to take treatment they do not want to take.

What ever treatment you want to take, that is great, no matter what I think of it, and it should be that way with our government.

As for Chemo Therapy, I know several people who are alive, thanks to Chemo Therapy, it cured their cancer. Some cancers have a very good cure rate with Chemo Therapy. But others do not.

For some cancers its really experimental, if one wants to try experimental stuff, good for them, it ought to be their right. But if someone does not want to, that ought to be their right too.

And to, if they had never experimented with those cancers and Chemo Therapy, those cancers that they are having good success in curing would not be possible.

I think those old natural cures are mostly snake oil, if you want to use them, great, it ought to be your right, but be sure your well informed and don't fall for a bunch of hearsay, and that is all that is really connected to those natural cures that many people are selling and getting rich off of.

As you can see, if you disagree with me, that's OK, I'm not going to get mad, call you names, attack you, nor anything like that. I think you ought to have the right to do as you see fit without the government forcing you to do that which you do not want to do and or goes against your personal beliefs. If they can do that, them they can outlaw us believing in Jesus Christ. That may soon come our way.

• Administrators
Has anyone read or tried 'God's Way to Ultimate Health" and I think it's also kown as the Hallelujah DIet? It proclaims to have cured some cancers and other diseases.

I know of many people who have followed this. Some from my own family. My aunt's husband had cancer (and it was really cancer, not misdiagnosed). He opted out of chemo, and decided to try this diet. He especially drank the carrot juice. He was not cured of the cancer, but his life span was extended, and he had a good quality of life up until just before the end. My parents saw him a few times over the years he had it and were amazed at how well he was doing. Again, he was not cured, but his life and quality of it was extended - beyond what the doctors thought, and beyond what they figured he'd get with chemo...and definitely better, since he never lost his hair and didn't have to lie in bed ill for a couple of days after every treatment.

I know another young fellow that followed something similar - he drank lots of carrot juice. He didn't have cancer - can't remember what he had - but the carrot juice, along with healthier eating, worked.

I do know that carrots (especially those grown in CA, because of certain minerals in the soil) are very good for helping to cleanse the liver. The liver is the organ through which all toxins pass, so if it gets overloaded, people get sick. When cancer hits the liver, it's pretty well figured that the person is a goner.

I personally don't like some of this man's conclusions. I don't think our spirituality can be tied up into whether or not we eat meat. I do know, though, that today's meat - because of all the hormones and other stuff put in it - is not that healthy for us. So, if a person opts to get their protien from other sources, it's not a big deal to me...unless they try to make someone who eats meat seem unspiritual.

• Members

My mom died of cancer when I was a teenager. She did not take chemo. because she watched my grandmother deteriorate and die very rapidly from radiation treatment and also knew of others that chemo did not help. She had surgery and lived on for more than 5 years. She suffered greatly during that time, but not because of the cancer, but because of the surgery which took away her ability to eat much because she'd had stomach cancer. In the end the cancer had come back and spread. My father had a heart condition he was born with. He was told when he and my mother were first married that he was going to die. He did not. 10yrs. later they had me and dad lived until I was 14yrs. old when a complication from poor circulation took his life. I don't have much faith in the life expectancy predictions of doctors. So, here's a question. When I was young, my mom used to say, that "if it is your time, it is your time..........if it isn't, it isn't." She believed that (barring suicide) people had an appointed number of days to their life, and that my father lived longer because his time "was not up". What do you guys think about that?

• Administrators
My mom died of cancer when I was a teenager. She did not take chemo. because she watched my grandmother deteriorate and die very rapidly from radiation treatment and also knew of others that chemo did not help. She had surgery and lived on for more than 5 years. She suffered greatly during that time' date=' but not because of the cancer, but because of the surgery which took away her ability to eat much because she'd had stomach cancer. In the end the cancer had come back and spread. My father had a heart condition he was born with. He was told when he and my mother were first married that he was going to die. He did not. 10yrs. later they had me and dad lived until I was 14yrs. old when a complication from poor circulation took his life. I don't have much faith in the life expectancy predictions of doctors. So, here's a question. When I was young, my mom used to say, that "if it is your time, it is your time..........if it isn't, it isn't." She believed that (barring suicide) people had an appointed number of days to their life, and that my father lived longer because his time "was not up". What do you guys think about that?[/quote']

The Bible says it is appointed unto men once to die. We all know that is talking about physical death, and the fact that judgment comes after. But it says "appointed." I think that means there is an appointed time. I remember when my friend Barb Kenderdine was killed - a freak accident on the day they were set to come home on furlough. One day as I was talking to my pastor's wife, she said, "She had an appointment." After that, I began looking at it a little different.

I do think that we can do things to hasten our death - poisining our bodies with alcohol or tobacco (or other things), etc. But God knows when our time for Him is up.