• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Forcing boy to get chemo

• Administrators
I know for a fact that the AMA has recognized the ability of real ginger root to reduce the side effects of chemotherapy treatment. That would be fairly natural.

I didn't know the AMA had recognized that! Good! Ginger is very effective for upset stomachs. I can see how it could reduce some of the side effects of chemo.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

pt, I'm sorry, but you are operating out of ignorance here. "Should not be allowed?" And whose decision should that be? Doctors? Doctors who put people on antibiotics who don't need them? Oh, yes, they do it all the time. Antibiotics for colds, which are viruses and do not respond to antibiotics...and the doctors know this. Just test it - once you have a child, if he or she has a runny nose, no matter the reason - take the child in...they'll give you an antibiotic for it. That'll solve the problem, because they are all knowing, right? Wrong. Antibiotics may help clear up some bacterial infections (by no means all of them!), but they don't do squat for viruses. What they will do is suppress the immune system so that the child will be prone to other problems.

You don't have to believe me, that's okay. But I've seen that happen over and over again. I've worked with kids for years, as a teacher, as a day care worker, as a day care owner, in my ministries. And it's happened over and over and over again. I've seen it in my own son - given antibiotics for a virus and when I questioned the doctor about he got angry - and then, lo and behold found that it was bacterial after all.
:loco

There is one way a people can be controlled quite well: through their kids. Fear of losing their children will make people do all kinds of things they wouldn't otherwise do. And that is where we are in this country. Sad.

If you have proof (as in another qualified doctor will state, under oath, that the antibiotics are in fact harmful to the child) then please pm me the doctor's name you are referring to and I will have him sued. And I'm not talking about situations where the treating doctor is obviously wrong. In this case we are talking about cancer, which we know, is most successfully treated with chemo. If an adult wants to choose to forgo treatment. So be it. However, our government has a duty to protect the best interest of our children, especially when the parents are unwilling to do so.

• Administrators

If you have proof (as in another qualified doctor will state, under oath, that the antibiotics are in fact harmful to the child) then please pm me the doctor's name you are referring to and I will have him sued. And I'm not talking about situations where the treating doctor is obviously wrong. In this case we are talking about cancer, which we know, is most successfully treated with chemo. If an adult wants to choose to forgo treatment. So be it. However, our government has a duty to protect the best interest of our children, especially when the parents are unwilling to do so.

Sorry, pt, but the medical establishment would beat you in a suit!!! Many doctors routinely hand out anti-biotics - and very few of them would admit that antibiotics suppress the immunization. But there are fine doctors who do know about and practice preventative medicine rather than just addressing symptoms.

These people are not foregoing treatment. They are opting out of chemo. And their son is in agreement. Ergo, it's none of the government's business! Personally, I think they should keep trying the chemo. I use a number of natural things (and they work, regardless of anyone's doubts!), but would not want to risk my child's life in situation like this. However - I have never studied Hodgkins out, and I do know that others with the same cancer have beaten it with alternative therapy (regardless, again, of anyone's doubts), so perhaps if we were in this situation, after study, we would opt for other treatment.

Plain fact of the matter is that the government overstepped itself yet again. But that has happened for years and will continue to happen, getting worse as our country becomes more and more socialized.

• Members

Of course, some of them will help, but they are not miracle cures, if they were the death rate years ago would not have been as bad and the death rate in modern times would not be much lower, for natural treatments was all they had.

To many people worry about dying so much they will fall for almost anything that has a claim of giving long life and or preventing death, people are getting rich off of these fears, them there be those who are wasting their money.

But that said, if the government can force treatment on this young boy, they also can with hold treatment from whomsoever they want.

• Members

Sorry, pt, but the medical establishment would beat you in a suit!!! Many doctors routinely hand out anti-biotics - and very few of them would admit that antibiotics suppress the immunization. But there are fine doctors who do know about and practice preventative medicine rather than just addressing symptoms.

These people are not foregoing treatment. They are opting out of chemo. And their son is in agreement. Ergo, it's none of the government's business! Personally, I think they should keep trying the chemo. I use a number of natural things (and they work, regardless of anyone's doubts!), but would not want to risk my child's life in situation like this. However - I have never studied Hodgkins out, and I do know that others with the same cancer have beaten it with alternative therapy (regardless, again, of anyone's doubts), so perhaps if we were in this situation, after study, we would opt for other treatment.

Plain fact of the matter is that the government overstepped itself yet again. But that has happened for years and will continue to happen, getting worse as our country becomes more and more socialized.

Happy: I have friends that make millions of dollars a year suing doctors. Please pm me the doctor's name and I can at least have them look into it. If the drugs are harmful, there will be proof. And to answer your question regarding who should decide whether a parent should be prevented from withholding medical treatment from their children: JUDGES. That's what they are there for. Let the parents put on their proof that the alternative treatments are just as good and just as likely to succeed, then compare that to the success rate of chemo. That's how our judicial system works. The court weighs evidence. If the alternative treatment is legitimate, then the parents have nothing to worry about.

• Administrators

No, pt, putting the parents on trial is a horrible idea, repugnant to the very nature of our constitution. I know you're a lawyer, and I have a healthy respect for the law. But JUDGES have no business interfering in medical decisions such as this one.

• Members
No' date=' pt, putting the parents on trial is a horrible idea, repugnant to the very nature of our constitution. I know you're a lawyer, and I have a healthy respect for the law. But JUDGES have no business interfering in medical decisions such as this one.[/quote']

Again, I think you would have a different opinion if it was a medical condition which we could actually see the results of. If the kid had a broken arm, with bone protruding from the skin, and the parents and child decided they would treat it with "natural medicine," rather than letting a doctor set the bone, people would be calling for the parents' heads. If the parents/child are not intelligent/mature enough to make decisions regarding the medical treatment of a minor, then it is the responsibility of our judiciary to step in. We don't just sit back and watch children die because the parents have dreamed up some "right" to treat their children any which way they chose.

• Administrators

You are comparing apples to oranges here, pt. A broken arm is not Hodgkins Lymphoma and has only one possible way to help. There just happens to be more than one way to help Hodgkins, as many people have found out to their benefit. Just because YOU don't believe it doesn't mean it isn't so. Parents haven't dreamed up any "right." It's always been there. But the government is slowly (and sometimes not so slowly) taking us prisoner. You have been educated with that mind set while in law school. And it is only your opinion that the parents/child are not intelligent/mature enough. I think you just might have a different opinion once you start having kids.

• Members
No' date=' pt, putting the parents on trial is a horrible idea, repugnant to the very nature of our constitution. I know you're a lawyer, and I have a healthy respect for the law. But JUDGES have no business interfering in medical decisions such as this one.[/quote']

Sometimes I have a healthy respect for the law, but other times I do not. Though I do not recommend anyone to disobey the law, unless it makes you disobey God. Them if you do that, be ready to pay the price, peacefully.

15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

1 Peter 4:15-16 (KJV)

And put their trust in God.

19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

1 Peter 4:19 (KJV)

• Members

I wonder if the ACLU will help this boy out!

The American Civil Liberties Union? That is a good question - trc? I know that the Anti-Christian Liberties Union won't, though. :Green :lol: :lol

In Christ Jesus ~

Molly

• Members
My though is there could be to much bad publicly on this for the American Civil Liberties Union to get in on this. If they come out on the young boys side and he died that could cost them much money. They pick their fights.

I agree 100%.

Also, my comment was "tongue-n-cheek" knowing they'd never help in this situation.

• Members

It's interesting that my Dad, his relatives and many others he grew up with and around, used a variety of "natural" cures when he was a child. Today, they say these don't work, can't work, and in some cases they even say they will kill you! However, my Dad is 69 and his older sister and younger brother are still alive too.

Even some of the cures they used on dogs and other animals back then, today the veternarians claim they won't work and will kill the animals, yet my Dad and many others used these for years.

Coal oil, terpentine, and other things I don't recall right now, were used for medicinal purposes and they worked.

I've often heard about the dog a couple different vets said would die because there was nothing that could be done. Both vets were asked about a natural treatment and both said it would kill the dog. The dogs owner happened to see my Dad one day and asked him about it. Dad told them if it was his dog he'd give him that natural cure (which Dad had given to several dogs of his own in the past). The owner asked Dad to do that and the dog was cured.

Honey and hysop are both natural cures for certain afflictions.

• Members

I agree 100%.

Also, my comment was "tongue-n-cheek" knowing they'd never help in this situation.

True. As the ACLU doesn't want to "ruffle their feathers." They have that FINE image - that they need to uphold. :roll I would be kind of surprised if they got involved in on this one. Yes, Pastor - "They pick their fights" - and carefully, might I add.

"Tongue-n-cheek?" - really, trc? :lol:

In Christ Jesus ~

Molly

• Members
It's interesting that my Dad, his relatives and many others he grew up with and around, used a variety of "natural" cures when he was a child. Today, they say these don't work, can't work, and in some cases they even say they will kill you! However, my Dad is 69 and his older sister and younger brother are still alive too.

Even some of the cures they used on dogs and other animals back then, today the veternarians claim they won't work and will kill the animals, yet my Dad and many others used these for years.

Coal oil, terpentine, and other things I don't recall right now, were used for medicinal purposes and they worked.

I've often heard about the dog a couple different vets said would die because there was nothing that could be done. Both vets were asked about a natural treatment and both said it would kill the dog. The dogs owner happened to see my Dad one day and asked him about it. Dad told them if it was his dog he'd give him that natural cure (which Dad had given to several dogs of his own in the past). The owner asked Dad to do that and the dog was cured.

Honey and hysop are both natural cures for certain afflictions.

SO true, John. Although, I am NOT completely for "homeopathic" treatments. I just can't see it working in certain situations. Although, some have said - it can be done. I will say that people/ a Christian man has told me that the key to good health is:

1) Healthy eating and clean living - that make some sense... lol

2) Detoxification of impurities in one's body.

Don't ask me how this is done... haha I know one person that has done this - and had great results. People who have suffered from certain Cancers? And, so many other illnesses - have been cured through "homeopathic" medicine. He has shown me results of this. I don't know the steps to this procedure. :smile Although, it sounds logical. :) I have also heard some that have suffered - as well.

God bless,

Molly