• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Forcing boy to get chemo

• Members
There is a point when the citizens are responsible for the actions fo the government if they do nothing about it.

So you are of the opinion that we should have tried every german citizen that failed to resist the Nazi government for the crimes their government committed? That sounds extreme but that is where your logic leads.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have to disagree here. What would have happened if the church in Germany had stood up to Hitler? Sadly, we will never know.

If we pay to support such a government, are we not doing the act itself? If I hire a hitman to kill someone, I still kill them. If I pay the government to perform an immoral deed, am I not as guilty as the government?

Were the early colonialists in America wrong for refusing to pay taxes to Britain?

Had the church stood up to Hitler, it would have probably met the same fate as many Jews did. There was no strong Christian presence in Germany. That is why Hitler came into power. The church presence that was there had lost its savor, very much like the church we have in the US today. I can name at least 100 people I personally know that didn't vote and call themselves born again Christians.

Jesus Christ paid taxes to the Roman Government. Did that make him guilty of the misdeeds committed by the Roman Government? Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's... If Christ was guilty of lawbreaking, He would not have risen, and we would all still be hopelessly lost.

As far as the government being representative of the people....that is a joke. This administration and the last does/did not represent the will of the people. While the current administration has a high approval rating, the vast majority of Americans disagree with most of the policies he has pushed and aims to push through. The people only matter at election time to our government. In between, we might as well be Rome.

• Members
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,520607,00.html

They are literally thinking about strapping this kid down...he's a teenager!!!.....and forcing chemo on him. Wow.

The governments God ordained job is to protect its citizens from evil doers. I don't think that parents choosing an alternative method to chemo (which is sometimes worse than the cancer itself) would be considered evil doing by God. The courts need to stay out of it.

• Members
If I send money to a non profit organization who pays for women to abort their children' date=' how am I not guilty of aborting the child? If I hire a hitman, how am I not guilty of the murder? If I send taxes to a government engages in terrible attrocities such as genocide, how am I not guilty of genocide. [/quote']
I can't make any comment about what's right and what's wrong here, but I just want to point out that in the first two examples above you are not 'rendering' and in the last example you are rendering. Perhaps a better example would be, if you were paying back a loan plus interest to the bank and the bank started using its profits to fund crime, would you be guilty of funding the crime simply by continuing to render to the bank what is the bank's? This isn't a perfect analogy either, but it does involve rendering something and that might be the key word.

wall2.jpg

• Members

The governments God ordained job is to protect its citizens from evil doers. I don't think that parents choosing an alternative method to chemo (which is sometimes worse than the cancer itself) would be considered evil doing by God. The courts need to stay out of it.

:amen::goodpost:

"Standard" medical methods are often a matter of guessing, come with many side effects, don't always work and sometimes cause death. These are the same factors used to knock various "alternative" methods!

Medical decisions are the provence of parents and should remain so.

• Members

:amen::goodpost:

"Standard" medical methods are often a matter of guessing, come with many side effects, don't always work and sometimes cause death. These are the same factors used to knock various "alternative" methods!

Medical decisions are the provence of parents and should remain so.

Wilch and John,
I find myself in agreement with you both again.

• Members

Yes, I'm a jazz fan. That is actually not may favorite album or artist (though it is a close second). My favorite is Coletrane's A Love Supreme.

Anyway, if I paid interest to a bank, and the bank used it to fund crime, if I did not know about it, i would not be guilty. But if I knew about the activity and continued to support the bank anyway, I do think I would be guilty (maybe not under the law, but certainly morally). I can tak my busienss and go elsewhere.

With the government, we really do not have a choice. We are citizens of the country. We pay taxes. But if a government is not responsive to the citizens and does things that are morally reprehensible and a complete disregard for people, such as Hitler did, or any other number of rulers, and if the citizens continue to pay for that government and do not resist, I believe that is participating in the actions of the government.

There is a time and place for resistance and civil disobedience. I think taking such actions must be done VERY carefully, with much thought, and be well organized. The founders of this country did just that against Britain.

Now, when you start throwing religion into the debate, it gets more complicated. If a government behaves in ways that are contradictory to our religious beliefs (not just persecuting Christians, but disregarding humanity as a whole, committing genocide, being ruthless and opporessive, allowing soldiers to rape and kill people, etc.....is that not the point a country is getting close to Sodom and Gomorah?? When a dictator is ruthless, and permits lawlessness, destruction, and harm?

At that point, the as Christians, would the citizens of such a country not have a moral obligation to resist? If they do not resist and try to change things, are they not guilty of murder and rape??? They knowingly sent their money and supported such a regime. Why? Because they are rendering under Ceaser what is Ceaser's, or becuase resistence might get them thrown in jail, or thier women raped, so they do what is easy?

If it is wrong for citizens to resist a dictator, how can the US be justified in removing a dictator such as Sadaam Hussein for them? If the citizens do not want to stand up, how can we justify our actions?

• Administrators

Best's viewpoint (having been there...):

NEW ULM, Minn. ? The search for a Minnesota mother who fled with her 13-year-old cancer-stricken son to escape court-ordered chemotherapy has turned to Southern California where authorities say the two were spotted Tuesday night.

A proponent of natural medicine, who launched a similar battle against chemotherapy in 1994, says he would hide the boy if necessary.

Authorities initially suspected that Daniel Hauser and his mother Colleen might be on the run with Boston resident Billy Best, who as a teenager in 1994 ran away from home to escape chemotherapy for cancer similar to Daniel's.

Best, who says he was cured by natural remedies, had appeared at a news conference in Minnesota recently to support the Hausers.

Best, in a phone interview, said he was in Boston and hadn't talked to the Hausers since they fled. He said he last saw the family May 9 when he was in Minnesota for court hearings.

But he told the Boston Herald in an interview that appeared on the newspaper's Web site Thursday he would do "anything" to help Hauser, including hiding him from authorities.

"I've been really upset about this case," Best said Wednesday during a phone interview with the Associated Press. "I don't know what to do. I want to help. I want to help them in any way, if they need a place to stay, or someone to talk to, I just want to do whatever I can for them, but I can't."
Best, now 31, was 16 when he was diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma in June 1994. He had five chemo treatments at Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston before he told his parents he couldn?t take anymore and fled to Texas.

?I had already lost so much weight and my hair and there?s a taste that comes with it. It?s a metal taste in your mouth,? he told the Boston Herald. ?You start falling apart. I was listening to my body and I didn?t think I could handle another one.?

Best spent three weeks in Houston but returned home when his parents promised they wouldn't force him to have the chemotherapy.

"The reason I left is because I could not stand going to the hospital every week," Best wrote in a note to his parents. "I feel like the medicine is killing me instead of helping me."

Best credits the natural blood cleanser Essiac, which his family sells on its Web site, and other herbal supplements and dietary changes for curing him. He has been cancer-free since July 1995.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,520960,00.html

• Members
Yes' date=' I'm a jazz fan. That is actually not may favorite album or artist (though it is a close second). My favorite is Coletrane's A Love Supreme. [/quote']
Top stuff! My top three are 'Black saint and the sinner lady' by Charles Mingus, 'Godspelized' by David Ware and then 'Love Supreme'. I've never actually heard Kind of Blue, believe it or not.

• Members
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/05/21/sc.missing.boy/index.html Another case of the gov't trying to intervene and remove a child from the home for "medical neglect".

If your 14 year old son weighs over 500 pounds, you deserve to be horse whipped.

• Members

If your 14 year old son weighs over 500 pounds, you deserve to be horse whipped.

I'm sure glad you're not the one making the laws in our country. The child may indeed have medical problems that have seriously contributed to his weight problem. His mother should be counseled and encouraged that there is hope, and then helped along the way--not have her son taken away from her! And I'm sorry, as bad as it is to be overweight...........there ARE worse things to be in this world....and I don't think a parent should receive corporal punishment because of an overweight child!