• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is It Wrong to Vote for the Lesser of Two Evils?

• Members

Good things to think about, John. He's still the best of the lot, IMO, when you take everything into consideration. He's the "lesser evil" compared to any of the other candidates.

Voting for a Santorum candidacy is the same as voting for the greater evil. Same with Paul. Neither of these guys could beat Obama.

Left with Romney and Newt, Newt's the lesser of the evils.

My personal opinion is that Obama's going to win no matter who the Republican candidate is. But that doesn't mean I don't do my duty in voting for the guy who has the best chance at beating him (taking things other than electability into the equation as well, of course). To me, Newt's the clear choice, but of course not everyone agrees with that.

Edited by Annie

• Members

So you like the charactor of a man who supports the murder of babies worldwide?

You like tax policies designed to cripple businesses and redistribute wealth?

You like a health care policy that is unconstitutional, forces folks to pay for the unhealthy choices of others, places government in control of health issues and leads to a downgrading of American healthcare?

You support international policy based upon America being "the big bad" that Obama constantly apologizes for, where policy is constantly blowing in the wind?

You supporth the Obama social issues of mass baby murder, stealing from the rich to give to the poor, ignoring the Constitution, promoting class warfare, playing the race card, the downgrading of American lifestyle to the lowest common denominator?

I am truly appauled by the fact that supposed "value voters" of South Carolina overwhelmingly voted for Gingrich over Romney. How did this happen? I would not vote for Gingrich for anything. He is a serial adulterer....not only that, but he cheated on 2 wives AFTER they got sick, and then married his mistress. His own party, when he was speaker of the house sanctioned him for ethics violations. How could anyone trust him with the office of the President? All the while, he hounded Bill Clinton for his sexual escapades, speaks out for the sanctity of marriage, and is pandering to the value voters. Can you say hypocrite?

Like I said, if it comes down go Gingrich or Obama, I'm voting for Obama all the way. Not only will I vote for Obama, but I'll actively campaign for him and try to convince others to vote for him. Gingrich may have repented and may be a different man now. I sure hope he is, but there are too many skeletons in his closet. If he bails on two wives when things get tough, how will he react under pressure as President? Even if he has repented and has come clean and is living a morally pure life now, given that background and knowing his areas of weakness, I would not trust him as President at all.

• Members

I am truly appauled by the fact that supposed "value voters" of South Carolina overwhelmingly voted for Gingrich over Romney. How did this happen? I would not vote for Gingrich for anything. He is a serial adulterer....not only that, but he cheated on 2 wives AFTER they got sick, and then married his mistress. His own party, when he was speaker of the house sanctioned him for ethics violations. How could anyone trust him with the office of the President? All the while, he hounded Bill Clinton for his sexual escapades, speaks out for the sanctity of marriage, and is pandering to the value voters. Can you say hypocrite?

Like I said, if it comes down go Gingrich or Obama, I'm voting for Obama all the way. Not only will I vote for Obama, but I'll actively campaign for him and try to convince others to vote for him. Gingrich may have repented and may be a different man now. I sure hope he is, but there are too many skeletons in his closet. If he bails on two wives when things get tough, how will he react under pressure as President? Even if he has repented and has come clean and is living a morally pure life now, given that background and knowing his areas of weakness, I would not trust him as President at all.

You didn't have to search long or hard to puppet those comments. You may want to reply to the folks where you found it and tell them to get a new strategy, this one isn't working.

I don't believe its a mystery you lean to the far left on issues of Christian ethics. However, we're electing a person to a secular position of leadership for our nation. I don't understand how Newt's past would concern you based on your position in the past.

• Members

You didn't have to search long or hard to puppet those comments. You may want to reply to the folks where you found it and tell them to get a new strategy, this one isn't working.

I don't believe its a mystery you lean to the far left on issues of Christian ethics. However, we're electing a person to a secular position of leadership for our nation. I don't understand how Newt's past would concern you based on your position in the past.

His past is of great concern. Anthony Weiner was forced to resign for cheating on his wife, and rightfully so. Gingrich is no different. His personal life is a mess, and shows weakness. If he cannot be trusted in very difficult and trying times with his family, then how can he be trusted to bear difficult times in this nation? He has been a hypocrite. The same as a State Senator of mine was who preached family values and then left his wife and married his secretary. I don't care so much about politics as I do character.

In the Republican primary, I support Mitt Romney, and he is a candidate I could vote for. I also think he has a strong shot at beating Obama in the general election. Newt Gingrich has little to no shot, in my opinion. I cannot support him, and if I cannot get behind him, I know that many other people will have the same problem.

Still, I am baffled about how value voters could have elected him in South Carolina. I am truly astonished by that.

• Members

Good things to think about, John. He's still the best of the lot, IMO, when you take everything into consideration. He's the "lesser evil" compared to any of the other candidates.

Voting for a Santorum candidacy is the same as voting for the greater evil. Same with Paul. Neither of these guys could beat Obama.

Left with Romney and Newt, Newt's the lesser of the evils.

My personal opinion is that Obama's going to win no matter who the Republican candidate is. But that doesn't mean I don't do my duty in voting for the guy who has the best chance at beating him (taking things other than electability into the equation as well, of course). To me, Newt's the clear choice, but of course not everyone agrees with that.

Remember everyone said Reagan couldn't win but he managed to pull off two landslide victories.

• Members

I didn't vote for Gingrich.

It's no surprise that you would toss out Scripture in order to vote for someone who is so anti-christian. While I don't see voting for Gingrich as a good thing, from a biblical perspective, voting for and campaigning for Obama would be an abomination.

• Members

His past is of great concern. Anthony Weiner was forced to resign for cheating on his wife, and rightfully so. Gingrich is no different. His personal life is a mess, and shows weakness. If he cannot be trusted in very difficult and trying times with his family, then how can he be trusted to bear difficult times in this nation? He has been a hypocrite. The same as a State Senator of mine was who preached family values and then left his wife and married his secretary. I don't care so much about politics as I do character.

In the Republican primary, I support Mitt Romney, and he is a candidate I could vote for. I also think he has a strong shot at beating Obama in the general election. Newt Gingrich has little to no shot, in my opinion. I cannot support him, and if I cannot get behind him, I know that many other people will have the same problem.

Still, I am baffled about how value voters could have elected him in South Carolina. I am truly astonished by that.

Who said "values voters" voted for Newt? No on outside the mainstream media which serves as a liberal propaganda machine. The fact is, Santorum's 17% was a result of strong "values voters" support.

Anthony Weiner was not forced to resign for cheating on his wife, it was the scandal and his poor handling of the scandal aspects that brought about his resignation. Had he "only" cheated on his wife, that would have been ignored.

I absolutely agree one should be concerned about supporting a man who is a serial adulterer of the most dispicable sort. Not only that, Newt's idea of taking responsibility for his "mistakes" leaves a lot to be desired and shows no real signs sincerity.

That said, there is absolutely no biblical justification for voting for a man who supports the murder of babies around the world, or any of his other many unbiblical positions which are destroyers of nations.

• Members

Speaking of Reagan...I think that's why a lot of people like Newt. Reagan was, above all, the "Great Communicator." He connected with people, no doubt due to his training as a screen actor. Like Reagan, Newt connects with the American people better than any of the other candidates IMO. Compared to Gingrich (in this area) Romney is plastic, Santorum is a nervous schoolboy, and Paul is a muppet. Gingrich talks plainly, powerfully, and succinctly, in terms we can all understand. In this way, he's just like Reagan was.

Edited by Annie

• Members

Speaking of Reagan...I think that's why a lot of people like Newt. Reagan was, above all, the "Great Communicator." He connected with people, no doubt due to his training as a screen actor. Like Reagan, Newt connects with the American people better than any of the other candidates IMO. Compared to Gingrich (in this area) Romney is plastic, Santorum is a nervous schoolboy, and Paul is a muppet. Gingrich talks plainly, powerfully, and succinctly, in terms we can all understand. In this way, he's just like Reagan was.

Newt is skilled at speaking, but he tends to be far more negative and often comes off as angry, while Reagan most often appeared to be positive and upbeat.

While Newt's speaking is much more straightforward, he often makes bad analogies and often says things in a bad manner which turn many people off and his attempts to correct them tend to go bad. Many are turned off by what they see as an arrogant attitude coming from Newt.

• Members

I just skimmed this but, I want to say that I don't like the media hype on Romney, Newt is not a good example ,Ron Paul things he is a messiah because he predicted a financial crisis for three decades, the only one I can't vomit about is Rich Santorum. I do like some things about Obama but, I don't like Obama wanting to push abortion and birth control and something, so this year, I am not sure what the Lord is leading me to do but, I am laying low of the media and I am laying low on some political websites, I had to leave almost all of the political stuff I was in on facebook because I was making myself feel sick and not better and I don't have time this year to worry about political issues, what i mean by that is that we are closing on a house in a few weeks, then we will be moving in very early spring and by the time we are settled in and change our stuff, it will be almost to the general elections, so what I am saying is I am praying this year that God protects this country and those that are able to vote , vote with their best Christian views and beliefs and values so we can protect this country from getting more and more worse, but whomeever wins the elections this November it will be the same thing attacking each side and not getting nothing done in D.C. This is not a lash out like I did before , its my actual feelings.