• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Gabrielle A

Hey There!

I just happen to be passing by and thought I'd drop in to say hello and maybe get to have some great fellowship with all you guys and gals.

I'm from NZ, have been a believer forever, I love smileys and I'm part of a mod team from another [relatively large] Christian forum :)

nice to meet ya'll... ^_^

Welcome aboard! You're from New Zealand? Well, I look forward to hearing from you. You can't be shy about your point of view here so jump in.

Shhh...we won't them you're spending your off team on this board.

Hi 1Tim!

Thanks for the welcome...

You can't be shy about your point of view here so jump in.

...shyness is definitely not one of my weak points... :coverlaugh: and thanks for that t9007.gifHeehee!
foryou.gif Edited by Gabrielle A

Welcome, but I'm no fan of the picture you selected to use, a woman dressed in that manner with a sword.

salyan, just in case you don't know, you can right click a smiley, them click save that image, them save it to your computer, them use it whenever you want to by copy & pasting.

These that Gabrielle is using probably comes from here.

Hi Salyan!
Your from Alaska? Awesome!!! :) nice to meet you...wavesmile.gif

Hi Jerry!
If the mods or admin are offended by my PP, I will change it to something else...not a problem and thanks for the welcomeimoksmiley.gif

Hi Rick!
Thank you... looking forward to it...springsmile.gif

Bless y'all!

not Alaska??? :huh: I was just thinking about that great big chunk of snowland at the top of the North pole sorrysmiley.gif
Our great big piece of snowland down under is the Antartic...[not that far from NZ]

tinfoilhatsmile.gif

Edited by Gabrielle A

If the mods or admin are offended by my PP, I will change it to something else...not a problem and thanks for the welcomeimoksmiley.gif

If your interested in opinions I concur with Jerry on the profile pic, but welcome anyway. :coolsmiley: I guess we will find out pretty quick if your thick or thin skinned. :wink Edited by Seth-Doty

If your interested in opinions I concur with Jerry on the profile pic, but welcome anyway. :coolsmiley: I guess we will find out pretty quick if your thick or thin skinned. :wink

Yes, its a picture of a woman wearing immodest clothing. Sad to see a Christian using such an image, and it offends me. yet not only that she is holding a sword
her hands as if she is ready to murder someone.

:D Indeed

I am a "Prayer Warrior and that is what that picture represents...Just above the pic you will see a verse which says: Hebrews 4:12
[KJV] "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword,"

ofpu2g.jpg

She is wearing a sleeveless top and trousers...[nothing showing but arms] I've seen less on the youth leaders in a Baptist Church Sunday service... ^_^ Lol!

Hi Seth-Doty!

Being thick-skinned has nothing to do with it...I am also a mod on a much larger forum and yes I handle all types of people...
if the mods and Admin think that this PP is immodest and offensive cos the girl holds a sword which btw, represents the "Word of God" fine...I will replace it with another...not a problem....[mountains & molehills]

Bless ya! smiley-greet015.gif

Edited by Gabrielle A

Thanks Happy Christian!

It is nice to be here... ^_^ I have thought long about what Jerry finds offensive re: my PP and I see nothing offensive about it at all, however, the bible says:

Romans 14
14I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
15But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.
16Let not then your good be evil spoken of:
17For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
18For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.

So for the record and for the sake of Jerry's conscience, I have chosen to change my PP ;)

Bless ya Jerry! smiley-greet015.gif

Edited by Gabrielle A

So for the record and for the sake of Jerry's conscience, I have chosen to change my PP ;)

Way to go, Gabrielle. :thumb:

"Let every one of us please his neighbor for his good to edification. For even Christ pleased not himself..."
Rom. 15:2-3a
Edited by salyan

Please, don't do it for my sake, do it for the sake of our Savior, after all its all about Him. Think of the great sacrifice He made, even death on the cross, so that we could have life more abundantly.

I know that we have had several topic on this site about how both men & women should dress, & that we have several members that believes women should not dress in the manner portrayed in that picture.

Plus, I did not say what I did as a put down, only letting you know.