• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Should be rejoicing

• Members

What do you mean?

Were the people pressured to say a prayer, or asked to say a prayer without first understanding their lost condition and the need to repent and accept Christ?

Were they properly presented the Gospel but didn't seem to be sincere when they prayed?

• Members

What do you mean?

Were the people pressured to say a prayer, or asked to say a prayer without first understanding their lost condition and the need to repent and accept Christ?

Were they properly presented the Gospel but didn't seem to be sincere when they prayed?

I don't think that they are getting 'lost' before they get 'saved'. The gospel plan is good but I don't think they are establishing what sin is, and I don't like the ' now so and so, 'if you will trust Jesus to take you to heaven when you die, just bow your head and close your eyes with me right now...(bowing head) ...now if you mean this with all your heart say this prayer after me' bit

Maybe I'm making to much of it, but I feel as if they should be told what sin is (disobeying God) instead of just doing something wrong' .

• Members

I don't think that they are getting 'lost' before they get 'saved'. The gospel plan is good but I don't think they are establishing what sin is, and I don't like the ' now so and so, 'if you will trust Jesus to take you to heaven when you die, just bow your head and close your eyes with me right now...(bowing head) ...now if you mean this with all your heart say this prayer after me' bit

Maybe I'm making to much of it, but I feel as if they should be told what sin is (disobeying God) instead of just doing something wrong' .

I absolutely agree. This sort of "soul winning" leads to an abundance of false converts. Most often false converts then falsely feel secure they are going to heaven and are closed to the Gospel afterwards.

If a person doesn't recognize and admit they are sinners in need of salvation, how can they rightly accept the Saviour?

• Members

I absolutely agree. This sort of "soul winning" leads to an abundance of false converts. Most often false converts then ';feel secure they are going to heaven and are closed to the Gospel afterwards.
'
If a person doesn't recognize and admit they are sinners in need of salvation, how can they rightly accept the Saviour?

It's a great plan for door to door but it needs to be tweeked a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I just got back from soul winning and should be rejoiceing since five people said the sinners prayer; I just wish I could believe that they really got saved

It's obvious, by your own words here, that the brand of "soulwinning" that you're using, glorified salesmanship, is empty & you know it. I was in Quick Prayerism for 6 years & it took me a while to get it out of my system, but I let the LORD do His work on me & surrounded myself with men of God that live/preach right! It cost me when I started standing against Quick Prayerism, but it was/is worth it & I don't regret it a bit! Luke 13:3 & 5 Luke 24:45-47 Acts 17:30 KJB

• Members

Looks like I should have read a little further down; you're on the right track! Folk have to get lost before the LORD will save them. If they don't see themselves as lost, they don't see their need of their LORD & Saviour. I'll pray with/for you, about the confrentation I'm sure is coming.

• Members

I absolutely agree. This sort of "soul winning" leads to an abundance of false converts. Most often false converts then falsely feel secure they are going to heaven and are closed to the Gospel afterwards.

John, you're exactly right! AMEN, from NWGA!

• Members

Looks like I should have read a little further down; you're on the right track! Folk have to get lost before the LORD will save them. If they don't see themselves as lost, they don't see their need of their LORD & Saviour. I'll pray with/for you, about the confrentation I'm sure is coming.

Since I wrote the former post I have discussed my thoughts with my new pastor and found out that he doesn't like the plan either. He has started a soul winning class that I am now attending so soon I will be more confident in speaking. It is great to know that our job is to tell and the Holy Spirits job is to convict and save. It was also great to avoid the troublesome confrontation.

that is a great question, I'll be looking forward to the answers

IFB, I've recently started a class with this as the focus at my church's BI.

Dennis, maybe the "tell tale" result would be a better sign to look for.