• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Preserved through the ice storm Jan. 21, 2013

• Members

Praise God for preserving my home through last night's ice storm. The trees are bowed to the ground and electric lines are covered in ice our heat and lights are still on. How easily a puff from God's breath could cause a branch or tree to fall and we would be without heat or power.

Thank God for his mercy on me and my family although we are undeserving of His grace.

• Members

I hear you, several years back we went though something like that, but we were without electricity for more than a week. And we are the 1st one on the power line coming out of the sub-station, & for over a week we could look across the pasture & see a light burning at the sub-station. Knowing that the sub-station had power, but we didn't.

I though about going to town & getting several extension cords, stretching them out between the sub-station & our house & plug them in..

Plus:

I was the last one to get electricity, for they turned off all lines running to houses. Started at the very end of the power line, turning on people eletricty as they got to them, of course being as I was 1st, I was last.

And to think, I always thought being the 1st one would have its privileged, but it didn't that time. Being 1st does not always have its advantage just as our Bible says.

Mt 19:30 But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first..

Oh, maybe I should not have posted on this topic. Is it a future topic, after posting I noticed it says, "Preserved though the ice storm January 21, 2013!" :15huh:

Edited by Jerry80871852