• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Eric Stahl

God's Global Warming

If, as you say, Christ could return at any moment, there is really no need to watch for signs, but abundant reason to walk in the Spirit and make disciples.

Mt 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mt 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Mt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mt 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

I need no signs, I have God's promise told within the pages of the Bible that He is coming for His own, His promise is good enough for me. Events don't trouble me, I know the future of all that are in Christ, I know all about death, what it is, what it leads to, that those that have been healed by the stripes of Christ do not fear death, nor any events that's taking place, for I am safely in the arms of Christ.

Mt 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mt 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Mt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mt 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

I need no signs, I have God's promise told within the pages of the Bible that He is coming for His own, His promise is good enough for me. Events don't trouble me, I know the future of all that are in Christ, I know all about death, what it is, what it leads to, that those that have been healed by the stripes of Christ do not fear death, nor any events that's taking place, for I am safely in the arms of Christ.

Jerry and John,

2 Peter 3:1–15 KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

A proper understanding of end times prophecy should cause a christian to work diligently for the Lord!
We are to hasten unto the day of the Lord!

Jerry and John,

2 Peter 3:1–15 KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

A proper understanding of end times prophecy should cause a christian to work diligently for the Lord!
We are to hasten unto the day of the Lord!

This is what myself and others have posted. We are to be about living for Christ and making disciples, not creating prophetic theories and fixating upon them.

Oh, no, it does not take that, all it takes is to realize what Jesus has done to save us from the depths of hell, & know what becomes of the person that has not Jesus for Savior.

There's many that has much head knowledge & makes improper use of it. The book stores are filled with their books.

Oh, no, it does not take that, all it takes is to realize what Jesus has done to save us from the depths of hell, & know what becomes of the person that has not Jesus for Savior.

There's many that has much head knowledge & makes improper use of it. The book stores are filled with their books.

You are so right about those books in the bookstores! It's amazing what's on the shelves of "Christian" bookstores. It would probably be surprising if even 10% of the books in these stores were actually worthwhile. Sadly, most who buy books in these stores purchase from the 90% of books that lead people astray.

You are so right about those books in the bookstores! It's amazing what's on the shelves of "Christian" bookstores. It would probably be surprising if even 10% of the books in these stores were actually worthwhile. Sadly, most who buy books in these stores purchase from the 90% of books that lead people astray.

John and Jerry,

I hope my book will prove to be one of the 10% that are worth reading for most people.

John and Jerry,

I hope my book will prove to be one of the 10% that are worth reading for most people.

Sorry, but if it's full of the assumptions, theories and speculations you have put forth here, I don't see how that could be a worthwhile book.

John is correct. Our charge is to preach the gospel, not to cobble together a theory connecting a number of unconnected prophecies.

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

The "word" entails more than just the gospel. It includes the whole counsel of God (Acts 20:27). Paul tolds the pastors to be good stewards of the mysteries of God. I bet you don't even know what they are. I'll give you a hint: one of the mysteries is commonly called the "rapture" (I Cor. 15:51). Edited by Wilchbla

Now that we have the complete Bible, there is no mysteries. Although many false preaches claims the bible is full of mysteries & to understand them you must listen to them. Also the RCC claims without 'the pope,' 'the church,' 'the church fathers,' no one can have a true understanding of God.

To All,

THIS BOOK WILL help you better understand the prophecy for our time and the day of the Lord, or the tribulation period. The book of Daniel explains that the wise will understand the prophecies during the last days at the time of the end.

Daniel 12:8–10 KJV
8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, so those who have accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior will have the ability to understand these things if they are willing to study the prophecies.
The prophecies that are coming true today prove that the Bible is the Word of God. Revelation 19:10 tells us that the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. Studying prophecy will help you to grasp the magnificence of Jesus.

Eric E Stahl

To All,

THIS BOOK WILL help you better understand the prophecy for our time and the day of the Lord, or the tribulation period. The book of Daniel explains that the wise will understand the prophecies during the last days at the time of the end.

Daniel 12:8–10 KJV
8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, so those who have accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior will have the ability to understand these things if they are willing to study the prophecies.
The prophecies that are coming true today prove that the Bible is the Word of God. Revelation 19:10 tells us that the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. Studying prophecy will help you to grasp the magnificence of Jesus.

Eric E Stahl

One of the problems is that your claim is saying anyone who doesn't agree with your theories either isn't saved or they have closed minds. That doesn't agree with Scripture which tells us there is no private interpretation.

There are plenty of books dealing with the end-times and related matters, a few of which actually stick with Scripture, but the vast majority delve off into one speculative theory or another. Scores of such books written in the 70s, 80s and afterward have been proven wrong. The main purpose they served was to cause unnecessary fear among some, caused some to go about proclaiming the theories to everyone like some zealot, and then brought a bad name to the cause of Christ when it became clear these speculative theories were all wrong.

We are so far better off sticking with just what Scripture says rather than trying to imagine and speculate upon how God will bring certain things about and then declaring these theories to be fact.

What is really needed today is Christians to return to the practice of pursuing Christ, actually living for, following and serving Christ, letting the world see Christ in us and proclaiming the Gospel to the world, making disciples.

More speculative theories and over-focus upon end-times prophecy is something we already have in over-abundance. For most, this becomes a distraction rather than what the end-times prophecy was given to us for, which is to call us to holy living, soul winning, disciple making.

One of the problems is that your claim is saying anyone who doesn't agree with your theories either isn't saved or they have closed minds. That doesn't agree with Scripture which tells us there is no private interpretation.

There are plenty of books dealing with the end-times and related matters, a few of which actually stick with Scripture, but the vast majority delve off into one speculative theory or another. Scores of such books written in the 70s, 80s and afterward have been proven wrong. The main purpose they served was to cause unnecessary fear among some, caused some to go about proclaiming the theories to everyone like some zealot, and then brought a bad name to the cause of Christ when it became clear these speculative theories were all wrong.

We are so far better off sticking with just what Scripture says rather than trying to imagine and speculate upon how God will bring certain things about and then declaring these theories to be fact.

What is really needed today is Christians to return to the practice of pursuing Christ, actually living for, following and serving Christ, letting the world see Christ in us and proclaiming the Gospel to the world, making disciples.

More speculative theories and over-focus upon end-times prophecy is something we already have in over-abundance. For most, this becomes a distraction rather than what the end-times prophecy was given to us for, which is to call us to holy living, soul winning, disciple making.

John I appreciate your gentleness with your comment. I think most of the people just don't care and I am trying to warn them the end is near.

John I appreciate your gentleness with your comment. I think most of the people just don't care and I am trying to warn them the end is near.

I appreciate the fact you want to warn people the end may be near. My only point of contention with your method is how you put forth theories as if they are facts, then insinuate that anyone who doesn't agree with or also "see" your theories as fact, are not right with God.

If you simply held to Scripture, that would be wonderful. If you wanted to put forth your theories and made it clear they are theories of how you think some of this might all come about, that would be fine. It's the putting forth of your theory as fact which is troubling, as well as the notion that those who don't accept your theory are out of step with God.

Revelation 16:8–9 KJV
8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

Because

Malachi 4:1–6 KJV
1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

Because

Isaiah 30:25–30 KJV
25 And there shall be upon every high mountain, and upon every high hill, rivers and streams of waters in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall.
26 Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the Lord bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

Because

Isaiah 25:5,7–8 KJV
5 Thou shalt bring down the noise of strangers, as the heat in a dry place; even the heat with the shadow of a cloud: the branch of the terrible ones shall be brought low.

7 And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.
8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the Lord hath spoken it.

The "word" entails more than just the gospel. It includes the whole counsel of God (Acts 20:27). Paul tolds the pastors to be good stewards of the mysteries of God. I bet you don't even know what they are. I'll give you a hint: one of the mysteries is commonly called the "rapture" (I Cor. 15:51).

That is not a mystery.

Now that we have the complete Bible, there is no mysteries. Although many false preaches claims the bible is full of mysteries & to understand them you must listen to them. Also the RCC claims without 'the pope,' 'the church,' 'the church fathers,' no one can have a true understanding of God.

Open your bible and read the word "mystery". There are mysteries in the bible. They have been revealed to the NT church primarily through Paul. The problem is most Christians either don't care about them, don't believe them because they go against what their denomination or favorite theologian teaches or haven't spent the time to search them out.

That is not a mystery.

Let's see.... Invicta says it's not a mystery when Paul says it is. Who should I believe?

[51] Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
[52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

You see that protuberance in the middle of your face? That's not a nose. Edited by Wilchbla

Let's see.... Invicta says it's not a mystery when Paul says it is. Who should I believe?

[51] Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
[52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

You see that protuberance in the middle of your face? That's not a nose.

Welcome back!

Paul is writing about the mystery of the RESURRECTION, not a supposed mythical "rapture."

It is not a mystery as Paul has shewn it to us. It was a mystery till then.