• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Interpetation of prophecy

• Members

Eric, some of what you say sounds plausible enough. My problem is that I don't think God needs nuclear weapons to do any of this. I also am not sure IF or HOW America fits into all of this. So in my opinion, I think some of what you are saying is a stretch. (Nothing personal! :D
I do believe that the Babylon of prophecy has a dual application. The primary is the historical application to that era's Babylonian kingdom under Nebuchadnezzar. THe prophetic would put us up into Revelation 17-18, which is clearly a reference to Rome. I don't see America in any of those prophecies.
The only place I see America clearly is Daniel 7 - the spotted leopard with the wings of a fowl (i.e. CHICKEN - not eagle! America fights wars, but never "conquers" anyone in the classical sense. We don't overthrow governments, and then make them a part of OUR country - we turn it back over to their own people, and usually with disastrous results!)

My two cents!

• Members

Eric, some of what you say sounds plausible enough. My problem is that I don't think God needs nuclear weapons to do any of this. I also am not sure IF or HOW America fits into all of this. So in my opinion, I think some of what you are saying is a stretch. (Nothing personal! :D
I do believe that the Babylon of prophecy has a dual application. The primary is the historical application to that era's Babylonian kingdom under Nebuchadnezzar. THe prophetic would put us up into Revelation 17-18, which is clearly a reference to Rome. I don't see America in any of those prophecies.
The only place I see America clearly is Daniel 7 - the spotted leopard with the wings of a fowl (i.e. CHICKEN - not eagle! America fights wars, but never "conquers" anyone in the classical sense. We don't overthrow governments, and then make them a part of OUR country - we turn it back over to their own people, and usually with disastrous results!)

My two cents!

I agree.

I once though that man would push the button that would destroy this earth, yet I don’t anymore, I feel this will be all God’s doings.

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11 ¶ Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

• Members

My two cents!

The four beasts in Dan 7 are the same four kingdoms in Daniel 2. Babylon. Persia, Greece and Rome. Daniel 2 gives their human character, Dan 7 as wild beasts.

• Members

My two cents!

Jeremiah 25:14–38 KJV
14 For many nations and great kings shall serve themselves of them also: and I will recompense them according to their deeds, and according to the works of their own hands.
15 For thus saith the Lord God of Israel unto me; Take the wine cup of this fury at my hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drink it.

Isaiah 26:10–11 says that the fire of the enemy will destroy them. God will cause mankind to fight each other with nuclear firebombs that looked like great whirlwinds to Jeremiah.

Isaiah 26:10–11 KJV
10 Let favour be shewed to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteous- ness: in the land of uprightness will he deal unjustly, and will not behold the majesty of the Lord.
11 Lord, when thy hand is lifted up, they will not see: but they shall see, and be ashamed for their envy at the people; yea, the fire of thine enemies shall devour them.

Isaiah 25:1–7 KJV
4 For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.
5 Thou shalt bring down the noise of strangers, as the heat in a dry place; even the heat with the shadow of a cloud: the branch of the terrible ones shall be brought low.
6 And in this mountain shall the Lord of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.
7 And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.

God will cause man to push the nuclear button.

Jeremiah 25:32-33
32 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.
33 And the slain of the Lord shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.

• Members

The four beasts in Dan 7 are the same four kingdoms in Daniel 2. Babylon. Persia, Greece and Rome. Daniel 2 gives their human character, Dan 7 as wild beasts.

I disagree
Daniel 2 has 5 kingdoms
Daniel 7 has 4 kingdoms.
Further, Daniel 7 says "SHALL ARISE", so Babylon cannot be included....
Daniel 8 has 2 kingdoms...
The Book of Daniel is progressive in nature, spelling out details of endtime events.

• Members

I disagree
Daniel 2 has 5 kingdoms
Daniel 7 has 4 kingdoms.
Further, Daniel 7 says "SHALL ARISE", so Babylon cannot be included....However, Daniel 7 said they " CAME" ie the past tense.
Daniel 8 has 2 kingdoms...
The Book of Daniel is progressive in nature, spelling out details of endtime events.

Daniel 2 has 4 kingdoms apart from the last, Christ's kingdom, the Church. There are only 4 kingdoms mentioned in scripture, Babylon, Daniel 1:1. Medes and Persians, Daniel 6:15, later Persians and Medes, Esther 1:19. Greeks Daniel 8: 21. Romans John 11:48

Dan 7:4 The first was like a lion and had eagles wings. Clearly identified from Babylonian statues in various museums.
verse 5, The bear raising itself on one side, the Medo-Persians, the empire rsising itself on one side, the Medes.
verse 6, The leopard denotes the speed of Alexander's conquests and the four heads, four kings who succeded Alexander.
verse 23, The fourth beast was the fourth kindom, Rome.
Dan 7, ends with The saints, the Church taking the kingdom.

Daniel 2 has the same four kingdoms ending with Christ's kingdom, the church, same as chapter 7.

Daniel 8 verse 3, the 2 horns of the Ram represent the Medes and Persians, the first to arise were the Medes but second, the Persians came later and was greater.
verse 5 , The he goat represents Alexander and the Greeks and foretells the speed of his conquests, and again we have the four Greek kingdoms which succeded Alexander, verse 21,22.

• Members

Daniel 2
Head of Gold - Babylon (2:38)
Breast and Arms of silver - Media Persia
Belly and thighs of brass - Greece
Legs of Iron - Rome
Feet of iron mixed with clay - 10 toes - AntiChrist's Kingdom
The Stone cut out without hands - Christ's kingdom.

OK - I count six there. But the truth is that the only two positively identified by name are Nebuchadnezzar and Christ.
Note the division - there are 4 kingdoms listed before the Antichrist's kingdom, and then Christ's kingdom follows that of the Antichrist.

Daniel 7
Key verse:
Daniel 7:17 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.
Babylon was still in power here, so if these kings "shall arise" then it goes without saying that the one already there does not count (i.e. Babylon). Notice that none of these kings are NAMED.

Lion with eagles wings
Bear with 3 ribs
Leopard with for wings of a fowl (to distinguish them from the wings of eagles!), and four heads
The Terrible beast
Christ's kingdom

The Terrible beast is again the Antichrist's kingdom. We know this because it is unlike any other beast. It has ten horns (like the 10 toes), and it matches the 10 horns (identified as kings) mentioned in Revelation 17:12.
Then another "little horn" pops up, and plucks up 3 of the horns. The "little horn" is the antichrist. He speaks "great things" (7:8) later explained as "great words against the most High" (7:25) which matches perfectly with Revelation 13:5 and II THessalonians 2:4.
Furthermore, the times also match. Daniel 7:25 says "time (1), times (2), and the dividing of times (half)" for a grand total of 3-1/2. Again, this matches Revelation 13:5 where it says "42 months" - which is 3-1/2 years.

Daniel was not very interested in the first three kingdoms. He wanted to know what that fourth kingdom was. It is the antichrist's kingdom - completely different from anything anyone had ever seen. It is made of iron, and that beast stamps out and destroys anything in its path.

So, Daniel 7 gives us three kings (not kingdoms - note the key verse again!!!), and then the antichrist, and then Christ.
Since Daniel 7:17 says "shall arise" and since we are dealing with end time events here leading up to the antichrist's kingdom, and then the establishment of Christ's kingdom, is it not possible that God could have given us the last 3 world powers before the antichrist conquers the world? How about this:
lion with eagle's wings - like the English Griffin. The sun never set on the British empire
bear with 3 ribs - the Russian bear, with Estonia, Latvia, and Georgia conquered and absorbed into their country
Leopard with 4 heads and 4 wings of a fowl - America the great melting pot with 4 heads - Executive Branch, Legislative Branch, Judicial Branch, and the "Fourth Estate" commonly known as the Media.

Just a thought...but I think with all things considered and our current global mess, things are shaping up for the Antichrist!

Daniel 8 gives us 2 kingdoms, the second of which is split into 4 kingdoms.
The Ram is identified as Media Persia (8:20)
The rough goat is identified as the king of Greece, and the great horn its first king (8:21). It is reasonable to identify this as Alexander the Great. But then what follows has nothing to do with Alexander or his successors.

Daniel 8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

This identifies this particular "king" as someone way up in the future as the last King that reigns before Jesus Christ returns.

So again, we have 2 kings identified, then a mysterious antichrist, and then Christ.

Daniel 2
4 kings, antichrist, Christ.
Daniel 7
3 kings, antichrist, Christ
Daniel 8
2 kings, antichrist, Christ

It is progressive, zeroing in on the man to watch and avoid! This gives the Jewish people all the information they need to identify the man who ultimately wants to destroy them. Then God always gives them the hope that they will be delivered when Christ destroys the antichrist, and establishes His Kingdom.

Edited by Steve Schwenke