• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Interpetation of prophecy

• Members

The genertion that Jesus was speaking to as in Matt 23:36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. That is the generation who filled up the measure of thedir fathers by putting their Messiah to death,this "generation of vipers" v. 23

Wrong chapter, brother.

• Members

Luke 21:25-28, "And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26) Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
27) And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28) And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh."

Where was the redemption and deliverance in 70 A.D.?

• Members

I agree with you Rick.
"This generation" obviously cannot refer to the generation alive at that time because of the context of Matthew 24. It is a reference to the "this generation" that is alive when those prophecies begin to come to pass.
Thus, when the "Abomination of desolation" takes place as Jesus prophesied (Mt. 24:15), the generation that sees THAT will see ALL of the prophecies mentioned in the chapter.
Since the generation that saw Jesus Christ at His first coming did NOT see Him coming in "power and great glory," the application must then be pushed forward in time to a future fulfillment.

• Members

"This generation"—there are, of course, only two options in understanding this text: a false one (of which there could be many) and the true one.

(A) False Option: The Preterist view has been shown, and will further be shown, to represent a false option, which entails an eisegetical interpretation in isolation from all other scripture revelation on the subject (including the Olivet Discourse itself), and particularly as to the nature of the kingdom (i.e., each and every single OT covenant, prophecy, promise to His earthly people Israel concerning a literal earthly kingdom is mysticalized or alchemized into a mere “spiritual” kingdom). The Preterist view, therefore, in no way follows a genuinely literal interpretation. It is an eisegetical, isolated, and thus a gravely erroneous and pseudo-literal interpretation.

( B)The True Option: "Generation" is used quite a number of times in scripture for a class marked by a given moral character; a continuing moral class of persons. And in Matt. 24:34 it indeed literally refers to an ongoing wicked class of persons; i.e., the Christ-rejecting, unbelieving, stubborn, rebellious wicked class in Israel, which would continue on, not pass away, till all is fulfilled in the future Tribulation Period/70th week of Daniel—whereupon that wicked “generation” of Jews will be displaced in judgment by another kind of “generation” of Jews, the “generation to come” spoken of in the Psalms, a new moral class of all-believing, all-righteous, all-saved Jews, the godly Jewish remnant that will be brought under their New Covenant and compose the nation of Israel, the new and true spiritual Israel with the law written in their hearts, in the Millennial Kingdom. (See, e.g., Isa. 60:21; 66:8-9; Jer. 31:31-40; Rom. 11:26-27.) This is in perfect accord with all other scripture revelation on the subject, including the nature of the kingdom. It is in perfect harmony with all other scripture (2 Pet. 1:20), including the immediate context, and thus the correct and genuine literal interpretation. [Take note: this understanding of Matt. 24:34 also implicitly conveys the truth of that which another literal meaning and (mistaken) interpretation of “this generation” seeks, namely, that the Jewish race as such would be preserved unto the Second Coming of Christ.]

Matthew 24:34: This Generation

• Members

I agree with you Rick.
"This generation" obviously cannot refer to the generation alive at that time because of the context of Matthew 24. It is a reference to the "this generation" that is alive when those prophecies begin to come to pass.
Thus, when the "Abomination of desolation" takes place as Jesus prophesied (Mt. 24:15), the generation that sees THAT will see ALL of the prophecies mentioned in the chapter.
Since the generation that saw Jesus Christ at His first coming did NOT see Him coming in "power and great glory," the application must then be pushed forward in time to a future fulfillment.

Any other way means standing the entire Bible on its head for the sake of a quirky interpretation, not Scripture.

• Members

"This generation" cannot possibly mean any other geneartion athn the one that Christ was addressing.

Try to work out how it happened rather than to say that according to tour interperetation, that it did not happen.

The saints will be raised on the "Last Day"

I have just been reading John's gospel again and have noticed the following, that believers would be raised on The Last Day
John 6:39 And this is the Father�s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

I also read that the last day would be the day of judgment.

John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

No room for any tribulation after the saints are raised and the day of judgment.

• Members

Many of the saints arose bodily at Christ's resurrection, and yet many of them are still in ground.

This reminds me of what the great historian and theologian, Inigo Montoya, was quoted as often saying, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Perhaps when Jesus said last day He didn't mean what you think He meant.

• Members

"This generation" cannot possibly mean any other geneartion athn the one that Christ was addressing.

Try to work out how it happened rather than to say that according to tour interperetation, that it did not happen.

The saints will be raised on the "Last Day"

I have just been reading John's gospel again and have noticed the following, that believers would be raised on The Last Day
John 6:39 And this is the Father�s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

I also read that the last day would be the day of judgment.

John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

No room for any tribulation after the saints are raised and the day of judgment.

Rick is correct.
WHICH day of Judgment?
There is the Judgment seat of Christ referred to in II Cor. 5:10 - but the Jewish people knew nothing of this.
Theres is also the Judgment of Nations referred to in Matthew 25:31-46 - but this is a judgment of NATIONS, not individuals.
There is the LAST JUDGMENT that all OT believers looked forward to, which is described in Rev. 20:11-15.

THese are all different in nature - different peoples being judged for different things, on a different basis.

The Tribulation period CLEARLY precedes the general judgment of Rev. 20, and there is a resurrection of saints described in the first part of Rev. 20.
See? It all fits.
What doesn't fit is calling the days of Jesus Christ "the last days." Those "last days" sure have lasted a long time!!! 2,000 some years now! WOW!

• Members

Steve,

Isn't the judgment described in Revelation 20:11-15 the Great White Throne Judgment? Only the unsaved are resurrected to this judgment. As far as I know, this is not a "general" judgment. I don't believe this is a judgment to which anyone would be "looking forward"...because this is a judgment of damnation. And I agree, the Tribulation period precedes this judgment. The 1,000 year reign of Christ also precedes this judgment.

Revelation 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Revelation 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

According to Daniel 12:1-3, the resurrection of the Old Testament saints (the righteous dead) occurs at the Second Coming of Christ to set up His earthly Kingdom in Jerusalem:

Daniel 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Daniel 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Daniel 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Events preceding Christ’s EARTHLY Kingdom (Way of Life Encyclopedia: Kingdom of God)

EVENTS PRECEDING THE FULFILLMENT OF THIS KINGDOM: Old Testament prophecy does not foresee the church age. This period was then an unrevealed mystery (Ephesians 3:1-10). A major theme of Old Testament prophecy was the kingdom of God promised to Israel. This kingdom is yet future to the church age, and Old Testament prophecy describes the events leading up to its establishment. Through the following outline we can understand what events the Old Testament saints were expecting for the future, though the exact order of these events was not necessarily understood. We pick up our outline following the 70 year captivity:

(1) Release of Jews by Cyrus (Isaiah 44:28; Jeremiah 29:10).

(2) Rebuilding of the walls and city of Jerusalem (Daniel 9:25).

(3) Judgment upon Babylon (Jeremiah 25:12-14).

(4) Messiah would come 483 years after the commandment to restore and build Jerusalem (Daniel 9:25).

(5) Messiah cut off (Daniel 9:26; Isaiah 53; Psalm 22).

(6) Messiah resurrected (Psalm 16:8-11). Some Old Testament saints understood this truth. David did (Acts 2:30-31), and Jesus rebuked the disciples for not understanding these things (Luke 24:25-27).

(7) Partial regathering of Israel from the nations and restoration to the land, yet still in a condition of spiritual death (Ezekiel 37).

(8) Day of the little horn (Daniel 7:8-14; 8:9-14,23-25; 9:27; 11:21-45). The length of this period was revealed to be seven years, according to Daniel 9:27.

(9) Great Tribulation (Daniel 12:1; Isaiah 24). Often called "the day of the Lord," this is the period during which God will purge the rebels from Israel and prepare her for the New Covenant (Ezekiel 20:33-44). He will also judge the world for sin, pride, and idolatry (Isaiah 24; Joel 2:1-3). This period of judgment will be of unprecedented severity (Daniel 12:1) and will be worldwide (Isaiah 24:1-6,19; 13:9-13).

(10) Israel will turn to the Lord (Hosea 3:4-5; 5:15; Jeremiah 3:12-19; Zechariah 12:9-10).

(11) The King will come to the Mount of Olives and destroy Israel's enemies (Zechariah 14:1-4).

(12) Old Testament saints will be resurrected (Daniel 12:1-3).

(13) Israel will be regathered from among the nations and established in her land forever under the glorious reign of the Messiah (Zechariah 14:8-21; Isaiah 11:10-12; 60:9; Jeremiah 23:3-8; 30:7-11; 31:8-11; 32:37-44; 33:6-26).
Edited by LindaR

• Members

Understanding the middle of the tribulation time line

Revelation 11:15 KJV

15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

WHAT HAPPENED TO cause the kingdoms of this world to become
the kingdoms of our Lord and His Christ?

Revelation 12:7–14 KJV
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against
the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

When the seventh angel blows the trumpet to start the second half of the tribulation period called the great tribulation, God declares war on Satan. God sends the archangel Michael with the faithful angels to defeat the dragon we call the Devil, or Satan. Satan will be cast to the earth with the rebellious angels, and we see that the dragon, or Satan, will persecute Israel (the woman) for a short time.
Did you notice that the third woe corresponds to the seventh trumpet judgment?
Verse twelve indicates that the Devil is the third woe! Then the passage goes on to say that the people of Israel are carried away on the wings of an eagle. It will be for three-and-a-half times, or three-and-a-half years. The sixth trumpet judgment was finished one hour after the two witnesses completed their 1260 day ministry and completed the first half of the seven-year tribulation. The seventh trumpet judgment and third woe will last through the last three-and-a-half years of the tribulation and will complete the seven-year tribulation period. Therefore, the seventh trumpet judgment lasts for the whole time of the great tribulation.
If you were taught that Revelation 11:15 refers to the end of the tribulation, I hope you now understand that the seventh trumpet judgment occurs in the middle of it. Yes, the kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of God and His Son Jesus Christ in the middle of the tribulation by heavenly warfare.

Isaiah 24:17–23 KJV
17 Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth.
18 And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.
19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.
20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.
21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.
22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.
23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the Lord of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.

In the tribulation period, after the earth starts to reel to and fro because of the asteroid impact in Revelation 8:8, In verse 21 the host of the high ones is Satan and his rebellious angels. They will be gathered to the earth together with the kings of the earth by God, and the rebellious angels will be imprisoned with the rebellious men on the earth and be shut up for many days. It will be for three-and-a-half years, as we saw in Revelation 12:14. God will conquer the Devil and cast him to the earth for judgment. The Lord and His Christ will not occupy the earth during the three-and-a-half years of the great tribulation, but they will own the earth and will use it as a prison. After the battle of Armageddon, Jesus will rule the earth with a rod of iron, or by force. During the last half of the tribulation, God’s judgment of earth will increase in intensity over time.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

I am seeking to establish principles of interpretation of prophecy - reasons for believing as we do.
Replies in blue, in loc.

Rick, I agree with you.
The problem with the position of Covenanter is that sooner or later, those who hold this position are FORCED to deny a literal interpretation of Scripture, and end up with Origen's corrupt "Allegorization" methods.

My "position" is with an open Bible, word studies using Strong - not taking his definitions as definitive, but using the occurences & usage as a guide. If Scripture has to be interpreted, rather than read in a literal sense & understood, we need sound principles for understanding, as Peter wrote:

Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched dilige
nt
ly, who prophesied of the grace that should come u
nt
o you:

Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Peter immediately directs us to a Christ centred interpretation, rather than an Israel centred interpretation, underlined in the next chapter when he quotes Exodus 19 & Hosea:

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness i
nt
o his marvellous light;

Which in time past were n
ot
a people, but are now the people of God: which had n
ot
ob
tained mercy, but now have
ob
tained mercy.

There are plenty of OT Scriptures prophesying a glorious & eternal future for Israel, which the NT writers apply to all the redeemed, not reserved for national Israel, e.g. Romans & Galatians.

For instance, the example Covenanter gave of Isaiah 13 exposes this tendency. Notice:

Daniel does not record the fulfillment of this prophecy. There is no record of the constellations not shining, nor of the moon witholding its light in the Daniel passage.

Daniel certainly records the Medes taking the kingdom of Babylon. That is the prophecy in Isa. 13. That is stated by the LORD, & is the simple, literal meaning of the prophecy. Daniel also prophesies a succession of kingdoms. He further prophesies in response to Nebuchadnezzar's dream, his great humbling & reinstatement. That will take us on to Isa. 14. The "extravagant" language of prophecy is not (necessarily) to be understood literally, but to be understood in context. A possible significance of the heavenly signs will be seen in Joshua's victory when the sun stood still. Or that while God looked on Neb. as head of gold he was to an extent ruling in God-given light, but that light would be extinguished (but I don't have to provide a literal interpretation):

Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory.

And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given i
nt
o thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold.

The point is, of, course, that the interpertation of Is. 13 is stated. Why look for an interpretation nearly 3,000 years away which would be meaningless to Isaiah & his hearers. Sure Assyria was the immediate threat, but that did not stop other specific references to Babylon. After all, Assyria would be driven back, while Babylon would overwhelm Judah & destroy the temple - a much greater threat. Isaiah later names Cyrus as the man ordering their return from Babylon.

However, there is a matching reference to the Isaiah prophecy in Revelation and Matthew.
Matthew 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
Revelation 8:12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

Those don't look like matching references.

There are several other verses in the OT prophets that support the view of this being yet future.
Certainly there was an immediate prophecy toward Babylon in view, but remember, during Isaiah's lifetime, the principle antagonist of Israel was ASSYRIA, not Babylon. Babylon had not yet risen to power. Therefore, any impending prophecies of Babylon's destruction were meaningless to the common man in Israel. It only makes sense that this has a distant reference to the corrupt mystery Babylon mentioned in Revelation 17-18.

We don't know if Isaiah's prophecies are in chronological order. He prophesied through the reign of Hezekiah who had dealings with the rising power of Babylon. (39) His prophecies make sense in their immediate time context, though many prophecies look on to the Messiah & the eternal kingdom. I don't know how you can claim that prophecies for the next 50-100 years referring to warring nations"were meaningless to the common man in Israel" & yet make sense 2,500 - 3,000 years hence.

Furthermore, once we take the allegorical method, and detach the OT prophecies from anything of a futuristic or spiritual element, then we have a mess in Isaiah 14.
Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Should we now change this verse to get rid of the reference to Lucifer, or recognize that there are many places in Scripture where the Lord mentions Babylon (Isaiah 13), but is CLEARLY pointing to something/somebody else!

Are there any clear references in the OT to Babylon that "CLEARLY pointing to something/somebody else?" Let us assume initially that Isa. 14 is referring to the literal king of Babylon - and compare with his dream in Dan. 4:

Thus were the visions of mine head in my bed; I saw, and behold a tree in the midst of the earth, and the height thereof was great.

The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached u
nt
o heaven, and the sight thereof to the end of all the earth:

Let his heart be changed from man's, and let a beast's heart be given u
nt
o him; and let seven times pass over him.

Neb. was humbled - but graciously spared - but soon Belshazzar was humbled & destroyed, & Babylon was never again a power. Babylon's great wickedness & wars against Israel remained legendary, so the NT writers & we can see in Babylon the war of Satan a\against the people of God. It is true that the powers that be are ordained by God. Neb. acknowledged that, but their hearts are satanic, & once they have ruled, they perish as recorded in Isa. 14. We can see Satan destroyed in Isa. 14 - the great power against Israel brought down to the grave.

The problem with putting such prophecy into a distant future "dispensation" is that it is not useful to its immediate hearers, nor people living in the time of Christ, nor even to us. How can we read & profit, unless of course we write best-seller futuristic fiction like Tim & Jerry?

No. The futuristic interpretation robs Scripture of its meaning, & Christians of its real blessings.

Finally, compare Isa. 13 with Psal 137.

Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.

Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

• Members

We do need a clear understanding of "all the prophecies regarding Israel and Palestine." That is vital for a proper & profitable reading of the OT prophetic Scriptures.

Just curious....to "which degree" do you believe the Olivet prophecy was fulfilled in 70 AD?

The nation Israel is back in the land in preparation for the fulfillment of all the prophecies regarding Israel and Palestine. Earthquakes, wars, famine, and false teachings are increasing just as Jesus said they would. I believe the first 3 verses have been fulfilled (the destruction of the temple in 70 AD) and the next 3 (apostasy and deception are getting worse and worse) are being fulfilled now.

I am very disurbed by the anti-semitic teaching of the pre-trib disps. The generation that rejected its Messiah suffered judgment, finally in AD 70. They were declared to be Abrahamic covenant breakers by John B, Jesus, Peter & Stephen. However for 35 years the Apostles pleaded with them to repent, & of course many thousands did. Thereafter they were counted in by the Gospel, & seen in heaven as the redeemed out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; 10And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

The teaching that the Jews are doomed to suffer down the ages, including under Hitler, and suffer extreme tribulation after the supposed "rapture" when 2/3 of them will be destroyed is evil. Encouraging Jews to settle in Israel so the maximumm number can be destroyed in the trib. is utterly repugnant to the Gospel. It is totally foreign to both testaments. Why should Jews who had no part in the rejection of their Messiah suffer thousands of years of persecution with God's approval?

There is no NT teaching of the restoration of Israel as a nation. They are, of course, welcomed by the Gospel, but not as a separate people but as one people of God with Gentile believers, all in Christ. (Yes - I have read Rom. 11.) Try to fit the tribulation slaughter of the Jews into this glorious prophecy:

And say u
nt
o them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them i
nt
o their own land:

And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mou
nt
ains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided i
nt
o two kingdoms any more at all.

Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.

And David my serva
nt
shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgme
nt
s, and
ob
serve my statutes, and do them.

And they shall dwell in the land that I have given u
nt
o Jac
ob
my serva
nt
, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my serva
nt
David shall be their prince for ever.

Moreover I will make a covena
nt
of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covena
nt
with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

While you are trying, look for a millennium there, ending in a world-wide satan-led rebellion & fire from heaven.
Edited by Covenanter