• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

New U.S. Sex Education Standards Released

• Members
New U.S. Sex Education Standards Released

WASHINGTON – Young elementary school pupils should use the proper names for body parts and know by the end of fifth grade that sexual orientation is "the romantic attraction of an individual to someone of the same gender or a different gender," according to sexual education guidelines released Monday by health and education groups.

:verymad:

• Members

This is what public education is all about...

"The data points that trying to cover this stuff when kids have already formulated their own opinions and biases by the time they're in middle and high school, it's too late," Breuner said.

...getting them trained in evolution, sodomy, etc. at an early age.
:vomit:

• Members

This is what public education is all about...

...getting them trained in evolution, sodomy, etc. at an early age.
:vomit:

That is true.

The homosexuals getting that type of teachings to young children in school helps make more victims for the homosexuals. And of course their main purpose in life is finding victims, making victims more easily found, & they love the innocent young ones. Plus teaching them in school while they're young that being a homosexual is great thing they might just reach out to them.

They hate the teaching Christian parents gives their children, but they know they can probably contract those teachings as long as they attend public schools.

• Members

Maybe in part, many of us Christians are at fault, in that we want to keep up with the world in ways, material world, wants, we should not desire.

sissytishad, Good going, I know it has to be a sacrifice, sadly to few of us Christians will make such a sacrifice for our children's sake.

Its quite amazing to me how sorry our public school has gotten since my graduation in 1965, and in 1965 they were already bad enough

• Members

This past Sunday we taught on the importance of knowing that we are fearfully and wonderfully made by God. In my class as I was passing out their worksheet I said to them, "You know there are people that try to say that we are related to the monkey's." They (these are 4-8 year olds) all started laughing saying how silly it sounded. If we do not get some truth in them at an early age they will believe that nonsense. It bothers me every time I see VPK, even for 3 year olds now, they are getting corrupted that early in age and it is scary.

• Members

Its really scary to see what my bus kids learn....they mostly know how to "live green" and love Obama. Pretty much. And probably a lot of things we don't talk about in Sunday School (like sex ed). They probably know more now than I knew by the time I was 18.....

• Members

It's a shame so many Christians still send their children into the devil's lair of public schools. I feel sorry for all children forced to attend these schools, Christian and non-christian.

Unfortunately, John, many families just have enough of a struggle putting food on the table and cannot afford, or even have the knowledge to educate them. My daughter has five children and home educates them. The eldest is nearly 16 and is planning to go to college in September as he wants to be an architect.

• Members

Its really scary to see what my bus kids learn....they mostly know how to "live green" and love Obama. Pretty much. And probably a lot of things we don't talk about in Sunday School (like sex ed). They probably know more now than I knew by the time I was 18.....

I know what you mean, we were out at a Wal-mart a while back (never go on a Friday night) I overheard 12/13 year olds talking about things I did not hear until I was like 25.

• Members

My philosophy on sex education is to answer questions honestly when they ask them.

My 4 year old knows the proper names of all body parts, male and female, becasue she asked what they were. She knows babies come from fertilized eggs in a mommy's body. She will know as soon as she asks, how an egg becomes fertilized.

She knows about lesbians because she saw two women stop in front of us and embrace in a kiss and asked why they were kissing. I told her it is because they love each other like mommy and daddy love each other. She is too young to understand sexual attraction, but old enough to understand love, so I told her the truth about it.

Kids will be exposed to sex. Kids will hear things from their friends, whether accurate or inaccurate. I always want an open atmosphere at my house where we can talk openly and unashamedly about sex.

• Members

My philosophy on sex education is to answer questions honestly when they ask them.

My 4 year old knows the proper names of all body parts, male and female, becasue she asked what they were. She knows babies come from fertilized eggs in a mommy's body. She will know as soon as she asks, how an egg becomes fertilized.

She knows about lesbians because she saw two women stop in front of us and embrace in a kiss and asked why they were kissing. I told her it is because they love each other like mommy and daddy love each other. She is too young to understand sexual attraction, but old enough to understand love, so I told her the truth about it.

Kids will be exposed to sex. Kids will hear things from their friends, whether accurate or inaccurate. I always want an open atmosphere at my house where we can talk openly and unashamedly about sex.

Sex education is something parents are responsible for and not something government schools should be teaching.

I would agree with much of what you say except for the horrible comments you made to your daughter regarding the lesbians. Two lesbians kissing has nothing to do with the true love a man and woman can feel for one another, this is especially true with regards to a godly marriage.

What lesbians are engaging in is lust, not biblical love, and to equate the two is horrible, totally wrong and sending your daughter a false message.

Likely as not, your daughter is not capable of understanding love, and from your post, it seems you have a very worldly rather than biblical view of love. Telling your daughter that the sinful lust of lesbianism is equal to the love between a husband and wife, especially ones claiming to be Christian, is a very wicked idea to teach.