• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

100 percent Christians

• Members

I was voicing with someone about Christians needs to be discerning about what they watch, do and say and get into, She was commenting about a movie she seen today and I said it wasn't family approved.
Then she said that she don't go unto 100 percent Christian message boards, websites and ETC to get info to avoid a movie or tv show or book because one cuss word, nudity and etc. I told her that we avoid these movies because we are to be discerning,
I am wondering have you been told your a 100 percent Christian and have you of this term before?

• Members

I have a bookmarker from Sword of the Lord with some writing on it from Curtis Hutson on being a 100% Christian.

There are many want to call themselves Christians but they want to have it their own way. They have no intention of actually learning how Christ would have them follow Him. They want to live as they please, pick and choose what they think it means to be a Christian and live with the false idea that one can be a partial Christian so they can go to heaven when they die.

• Members

Along the lines of being called a 100% Christian, I have had professing Christians tell me that I'm wrong to take the Bible so literally, to take it so seriously, to try and live by what it says. Professing Christians have told me much of what's told to Christians in the New Testament was for them back then, not for us today. They have said we simply can't live that way so we shouldn't even try.

• Members

I have a bookmarker from Sword of the Lord with some writing on it from Curtis Hutson on being a 100% Christian.

There are many want to call themselves Christians but they want to have it their own way. They have no intention of actually learning how Christ would have them follow Him. They want to live as they please, pick and choose what they think it means to be a Christian and live with the false idea that one can be a partial Christian so they can go to heaven when they die.

I think I have a booklet of that I should look for it but we since moved so everything is in different places.

• Members

I do not see what a Christian sees good in going to the movies, nearly all of them are ungodly, & so is the majority of TV. I wish I had never seen a single movie & I wish much ot the stuff in my head from watching TV was not there.

Absolutely! There is so much garbage in my memory that I wish I could remove. Those who have never been exposed to such are truly blessed for they don't have to carry it with them the rest of their lives.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Funny, I'm at work and when I click on this the internet filter says "Racism and Hate".

How do I set my filter to detect this? I don't see any hate words in the document. The closest term to "racist" I found was "Greek noun". Is that racist? I also found the term "Hellfire"; is that hate?