• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

War in Heaven

• Members

War in Heaven

Read these in the King James Bible. When Man sinned we lost dominion of earth and it went to the devil. In the middle of the tribulation period God will take ownership of earth back. Jesus will not come down to rule on earth till after the tribulation.

Revelation 11:15 KJV The kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of our Lord and his Christ because Revelation 12:7-12 the devil and his bad angels are defeated in war and cast to the earth. Isaiah 24:21-22 Isaiah explains that God will use the earth as a prison for the devil and the rebellious people for a short time or the last half of the 7year tribulation.

War in Heaven

Revelation 11:15 KJV
15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

BECAUSE

Revelation 12:7–12 KJV
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

When the Devil is defeated, the kingdoms of this world become the property of God and Christ. Notice in verse ten that the Devil is the accuser of both you and me. When we sin, it is as if Satan is approaching the throne of God saying, “Did you see that, God?” However, if you are a believer in Jesus, then Jesus intervenes and tells God, “I paid the sacrifice for that sin,” so God will say it is forgiven!
Jesus is our intercessor. In this passage, heaven rejoices to be rid of the devil and his evil influence. But the message for the world is that trouble is coming because the Devil is the third woe and seventh trumpet judgment. Satan’s full attention and anger is coming to earth. His full vengeance will turn on the Jews because Jesus was born a Jew.
The Devil can read, and he has read these verses. He knows his time is short.

20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.
21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.
22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.
23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the Lord of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.
—Isaiah 24:17–23 KJV

In the tribulation period, after the earth starts to reel to and fro because of the asteroid impact in Revelation 8:8, the host of the high ones is Satan and his rebellious angels. They will be gathered to the earth together with the kings of the earth by God, and the rebellious angels will be imprisoned with the rebellious men on the earth and be shut up for many days. It will be for three-and-a-half years, as we saw in Revelation 12:14. God will conquer the Devil and cast him to the earth for judgment. The Lord and His Christ will not occupy the earth during the three-and-a-half years of the great tribulation, but they will own the earth and will use it as a prison. After the battle of Armageddon, Jesus will rule the earth with a rod of iron, or by force. During the last half of the tribulation, God’s judgment of earth will increase in intensity over time.

The following are not in my book so I can't copy them

Isaiah 14:12-15 KJV Devil cast down because!

Ezekiel 28:12-19 KJV

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

I'm much too lazy to look up the passages. Would you mind putting them in a post for us all to enjoy? :-)
Shame on you!

We can add Paul's admonition on Christian warfare:
Eph. 3:10To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

6:10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

We are involved in this warfare NOW. I believe the heavenly/high places refer to the unseen spiritual realm where spiritual forces are active, including Satan & his demons, the angels who minister to us, & where we have our communion with one another & our Saviour in worship & prayer.

• Members

Shame on you!

We can add Paul's admonition on Christian warfare:
Eph. 3:10To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

6:10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

We are involved in this warfare NOW. I believe the heavenly/high places refer to the unseen spiritual realm where spiritual forces are active, including Satan & his demons, the angels who minister to us, & where we have our communion with one another & our Saviour in worship & prayer.

Indeed the warfare is going on now and it's a very active and hot war.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm much too lazy to look up the passages. Would you mind putting them in a post for us all to enjoy? :-)

War in Heaven

Revelation 11:15 KJV
15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

BECAUSE

Revelation 12:7–12 KJV
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

When the Devil is defeated, the kingdoms of this world become the property of God and Christ. Notice in verse ten that the Devil is the accuser of both you and me. When we sin, it is as if Satan is approaching the throne of God saying, “Did you see that, God?” However, if you are a believer in Jesus, then Jesus intervenes and tells God, “I paid the sacrifice for that sin,” so God will say it is forgiven!
Jesus is our intercessor. In this passage, heaven rejoices to be rid of the devil and his evil influence. But the message for the world is that trouble is coming because the Devil is the third woe and seventh trumpet judgment. Satan’s full attention and anger is coming to earth. His full vengeance will turn on the Jews because Jesus was born a Jew.
The Devil can read, and he has read these verses. He knows his time is short.

20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.
21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.
22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.
23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the Lord of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.
—Isaiah 24:17–23 KJV

In the tribulation period, after the earth starts to reel to and fro because of the asteroid impact in Revelation 8:8, the host of the high ones is Satan and his rebellious angels. They will be gathered to the earth together with the kings of the earth by God, and the rebellious angels will be imprisoned with the rebellious men on the earth and be shut up for many days. It will be for three-and-a-half years, as we saw in Revelation 12:14. God will conquer the Devil and cast him to the earth for judgment. The Lord and His Christ will not occupy the earth during the three-and-a-half years of the great tribulation, but they will own the earth and will use it as a prison. After the battle of Armageddon, Jesus will rule the earth with a rod of iron, or by force. During the last half of the tribulation, God’s judgment of earth will increase in intensity over time.

The following are not in my book so I can't copy them

Isaiah 14:12-15 KJV Devil cast down because!

Ezekiel 28:12-19 KJV