• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Eternal Rewards

• Members

Jerry I have to disagree with you. I do not believe these scriptures refer to losing rewards in heaven but to losing joy of your salvation while here on earth by being disobedient. I have always been of the opinion that different rewards in heaven would imply that God shows respect in person. and the scriptures says in Colossians 3:25:

Read the context of those Scriptures, this is at the judgment of the saved, & Jesus has told us He will bring the rewards with Him when He comes for His own.

I know many that believes the saved person who dies passes on to their rewards, yet that is not true, Jesus will hand the rewards out at the judgment of ALL the saved, they are not given soon as a person reaches heaven after death. One gets into heaven by being saved, a saved person receives rewards by being obedient to the commandments of Jesus. Its quite clear in those verses, some will have ONLY their salvation, they shall be saved as by fire.

Three booklets that helps on this subject.

The Second Coming of Christ
The Judgment Seat of Christ
The Believers Threefold Judgment

All those above are by Curtis Hutson, mine came from 'The Sword of the Lord,' at about 50 cents each, even less if you buy over a certain number of them, they may cost more now, I bought my back in the 90's.

This helps a bit on this, The Future of the Believer.

• Members

I'm sorry to tell and will be sorry to say that I've missed far more opportunity for rewards than any I receive to lay at Jesus feet. I've always thought rewards would be folks in heaven where the lord used me to share his gospel.

I hope Christ will say, well done, I will say only by and through you.
crown given...................................................crown returned

The sad part will be admitting those missed opportunities. I believe I will be made aware of them.