• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Eternal Rewards

• Members

icon1.png Eternal Rewards

Daniel 12:1–3 KJV
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Notice verse 3! I believe our brightness will be determined by our works. I ask my Sunday school class, how bright will you shine?

Work for the night is coming!

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

In Matthew 5:14-16 Jesus told us to be the light of the world and to bring glory to God by our good works.

The brighter you shine on earth the brighter you will shine for eternity! Daniel 12:1-3

All who see you in heaven will know how faithful you were on earth so work for the night is coming.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Elvis recorded a song entitled, "MY Way." And throughout his life, he did things, "His Way." And notice what it got him, an early grave, yet many people keep on wanting it "MY Way," refusing "God's Way," the only "Right Way."

Wasn't that Frank Sinatra?

Either way, your point is correct. The elevation of self above all else, the demand for my way always, separates one from God and leads to an eternity in hell having it according to their way.

• Members

I believe that reward will be a glorified body likened unto his most glorious body so that we can give him glory as he deserves.

1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

I am so looking forward to the day I lay aside this weather beaten form and get a glorified body likened unto His most glorious body. That will be my reward.

• Members

Something to ponder, our Lord provides the opportunity, the strength, the power, and the wisdom --- and then will reward us as if we had done something!!

Oh What a Saviour!!

Reading these posts & verses as a "devotional", this morning.

What wonderful thoughts to "ponder" early on Sunday morning before going to church to worship our Lord in fellowship with others. Have a conviction that these scriptures and praise will be with me today, much like an old hymn that keeps coming to mind throughout the day.

• Members

I believe that reward will be a glorified body likened unto his most glorious body so that we can give him glory as he deserves.

1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

I am so looking forward to the day I lay aside this weather beaten form and get a glorified body likened unto His most glorious body. That will be my reward.

It seems everyone that enters heaven will receive a glorified body, so I don't believe that is called a reward, yet some will lose rewards, some will lose all their rewards, while others shall receive rewards.

1Co 3:11 ¶ For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1Co 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

So I have to disagree.

OLD, I'm 65 years young & gaining. Yet I noticed there sure is an abundance of young people, I keep wondering were all of them came from. Didn't use to be so many of them, & it seems constantly that there's more & more of them.

• Members

It seems everyone that enters heaven will receive a glorified body, so I don't believe that is called a reward, yet some will lose rewards, some will lose all their rewards, while others shall receive rewards.

1Co 3:11 ¶ For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1Co 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

So I have to disagree.

OLD, I'm 65 years young & gaining. Yet I noticed there sure is an abundance of young people, I keep wondering were all of them came from. Didn't use to be so many of them, & it seems constantly that there's more & more of them.

Jerry I have to disagree with you. I do not believe these scriptures refer to losing rewards in heaven but to losing joy of your salvation while here on earth by being disobedient. I have always been of the opinion that different rewards in heaven would imply that God shows respect in person. and the scriptures says in Colossians 3:25:

But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.