• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Merry Christmas

• Members

Christmas is a 450 billion dollar a year idol in America. It constantly amazes me Independent, Fundamental Baptist churches support this pagan-originated holiday and at the same times say the Bible is their final authority for faith and practice. There is not one verse in Scripture which supports or seems to support the celebration of Christmas.

There are so many red flags in Scripture which warns the reader to avoid sin, to avoid being like the heathen, to not love the world,etc. And yet because Christmas is so popular the Christian world eagerly compromises their testimony and rationalizes their decision by saying we are celebrating Christ's birth. Jesus was not born into existence as He was God and came in the flesh to save man who is in the flesh. There are two birthdays celebrated in Scripture; both were by an evil people ruled by a wicked leader and both ended up with a murder.

Brother, you need to quit beating around the bush here, are you in favor of Christmas or not?

Happy early Easter!

• Members

Jesus God was not born into existence; John 1:1, for He has been in existence forever, & anything that is was made by Him, that part of what your statement is true. But Jesus man was born into existence as 1st prophesied in Genesis 3:15, coming into this world by the seed of woman as a little baby,Matthew 1:22, & that part of what you stattment is false.

If your going to show so much distaste against your brothers & sister, 1st, you need to get all your facts correct & know in what context those you accuse celebrate the birth of Christ.
When you say,' Jesus man was born into existence...' that is a given. I know what Bible says about the birth of Christ. You are straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel. I also know my Bible. As for knowing the context of those who celebrate the birth of Christ I know the context. Those people are either ignoring the truth of Scripture, are ignorant of the Scripture or are rebellious and going about developing their own Scripture to support what they believe. I do not have 'distaste' for my brother and sisters but rather grief as Jesus did when He cried, "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!"
I suggest before you start making false accusations do some research about the origins and particulars of Christmas. Neither Jesus or His disciples ever celebrated His supposedly. 'birth' nor did anyone else until the 4th century because it is a tradition of man and what did Jesus say about the traditions of man? " Mark 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

• Members

When you say,' Jesus man was born into existence...' that is a given. I know what Bible says about the birth of Christ. You are straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel. I also know my Bible. As for knowing the context of those who celebrate the birth of Christ I know the context. Those people are either ignoring the truth of Scripture, are ignorant of the Scripture or are rebellious and going about developing their own Scripture to support what they believe. I do not have 'distaste' for my brother and sisters but rather grief as Jesus did when He cried, "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!"
I suggest before you start making false accusations do some research about the origins and particulars of Christmas. Neither Jesus or His disciples ever celebrated His supposedly. 'birth' nor did anyone else until the 4th century because it is a tradition of man and what did Jesus say about the traditions of man? " Mark 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

No, I'm not, the story about Jesus birth is given to us in the Bible, & even tells us He was born in a manger, about the wise men that sought Him out while he was quite young to worship him.

He did grow up on this earth from a baby, there's many witness to that, & was with us on earth for about 33 years finally giving His life on the cross so we could have life.

No, not straining nothing, just holding to the Holy Scriptures leaving nothing out that tells us about the day Jesus was born as a baby along with some of the happening during that time period, while you seem to claim you cannot find a local church that's good enough for you. I will agree in part, in some areas of this country there are no good churches. Yet one thing we must remember, if we found the perfect church, them we would mess it up by becoming a member.

The little baby was both, fully God & fully man whose birth we are told of, & He proved to be the perfect sacrifice after having lived a life of some 33 years on this earth.

• Members

I promise you I won't celebrate Christ's Birth, Death, and Resurrection in your presence. Have you ever studied Romans 14:all of it? I believe it might help you to spend some time there.

• Members

I have heard the 'Romans 14' passage excuse used before and taken out of context the passage will pass for an excuse to celebrate Christmas to 'selfish seekers' who wants God on their terms. Being 'sincere' has never been grounds for acceptable worship of God. Cain was sincere when he brought his offering (Genesis 14:3) and God rejected it. Saul was sincere when he spared the best sheep and oxen (1 Samuel 15) and God rejected it. The Pharisees were sincere when they made the Word of God of none effect with their tradition (Matthew 15, Mark 7) and Jesus rejected it. The rich young ruler was sincere when he told Jesus he had been keeping the law (Mark 10) but Jesus rejected it.

You, ITimothy115, have a a zeal of God like so many others who celebrate Christmas but not according to knowledge (Romans 10:2) and that is the problem. That is why the church Jesus established is no longer influencing the world but the world is influencing the church. The Word of God has been made of no effect through the traditions of men.