• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What Other Countries Are Doing to the U.S.A.

I would tend to agree except that I believe America became great because so many in America once followed Christ. Israel didn't exist in the years of American existence until 1948, at which point America had already reached her greatness and was in decline; not to mention America didn't initially support Israel with anything other than hollow words.

This current economic mess is furtile grounds for the pushing of the North American Union, as well as the others. It's clear where America (and the world) is heading, it's just a matter of how long that trip will take.

Yet, how would that explain God's protection of England under Queen Victoria's reign until 1918? England supported the Jewish people, and Israel had not been given back to the Jews until 1948.

My perception of this is that God will protect His children and His creation---if we support the Jewish people. We know that the Lord scattered His chosen people about, and for some time they have been returning to Israel from countries like Russia.

I would tend to agree except that I believe America became great because so many in America once followed Christ.

Yes! Praise God for Our Founding fathers who stood on Biblical principles. :smile

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think much of the problem with the moral decay in America has to do with the way Satan has infiltrated its churches. Let's face it, most people are never taught true Biblical Prinicpals because the Bible itself is "politcally incorrect" to the modern society.

They take one single verse of scripture

John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

and use it to absoultely shred the rest of the Bible - the old testament and the new - and say that is ALL that the true Christian needs to become a Christ Follower - just be nice and turn the other cheek when other people are not nice back. (That is really just the TIP of the iceburg, and a great beginning in learning to follow Christ, but I believe that there is much more to it than just that - one has to learn how to Walk with God, to Walk in the Spirit, etc.)

It is not unlike Satan to take a small bit of truth and then twist it to suit his own evil purposes. After all, the most of the Bible is so negative, full of violence, and anger - who wants to read all that bad stuff right? It can be such a buzz-kill to really get into the meat of the scriptures.

So if you have a largely unsaved world population that rejects the gospel of Jesus, and then you have a bunch of Holy Roller Christians who think they can get by with just loving one another, even if it means living like the devil the rest of the time - it is very very difficult to teach the truth of what is happening in our world, what was foretold all of those centuiries ago! I think more people believe astrologers and psychics than believe in the Bible. More people believe in Nostradamus than believe the Bible!

Of course, God knew all of this would come to be from the moment he created us. He knew we would be just like we are today. I do believe we are living in the end times, and the news that Bro Pneu-engine has been posting in this thread only verifies this - we need to be more active in our soul winning efforts, and make every single minute we have left in this world count! :amen: :pray :clap:

Let others go ahead and scoff and laugh at us, and tell us we are just nit-picking, and that God would not really destroy the world. That kind of attitude never stopped Noah from building the Ark, so it should not stop us from continuing to tell people about Jesus.

• Members

I think I understand that. I have heard Christians talk about the USA being separated into the "goats and the sheep." How does this effect the US and the individual states? If you know what I am attempting to ask here.

The goat vs sheep separation occur after the Great Tribulation (i.e. after the 7-year period of jacob's trouble) when Christ comes down to earth the second time. We have a clue in Matthew 25:31-33

<< Matthew 25 >>

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set

• Members
I think much of the problem with the moral decay in America has to do with the way Satan has infiltrated its churches. Let's face it, most people are never taught true Biblical Prinicpals because the Bible itself is "politcally incorrect" to the modern society.

John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

and use it to absolutely shred the rest of the Bible - the old testament and the new - and say that is ALL that the true Christian needs to become a Christ Follower - just be nice and turn the other cheek when other people are not nice back. (That is really just the TIP of the iceburg, and a great beginning in learning to follow Christ, but I believe that there is much more to it than just that - one has to learn how to Walk with God, to Walk in the Spirit, etc.)

It is not unlike Satan to take a small bit of truth and then twist it to suit his own evil purposes. After all, the most of the Bible is so negative, full of violence, and anger - who wants to read all that bad stuff right? It can be such a buzz-kill to really get into the meat of the scriptures.

So if you have a largely unsaved world population that rejects the gospel of Jesus, and then you have a bunch of Holy Roller Christians who think they can get by with just loving one another, even if it means living like the devil the rest of the time - it is very very difficult to teach the truth of what is happening in our world, what was foretold all of those centuiries ago! I think more people believe astrologers and psychics than believe in the Bible. More people believe in Nostradamus than believe the Bible!

Of course, God knew all of this would come to be from the moment he created us. He knew we would be just like we are today. I do believe we are living in the end times, and the news that Bro Pneu-engine has been posting in this thread only verifies this - we need to be more active in our soul winning efforts, and make every single minute we have left in this world count! :amen: :pray :clap:

Let others go ahead and scoff and laugh at us, and tell us we are just nit-picking, and that God would not really destroy the world. That kind of attitude never stopped Noah from building the Ark, so it should not stop us from continuing to tell people about Jesus.

:amen: This is the heart of the matter. :thumb

It nauseates me when I hear so much 'LUV, LUV, LUV", and at the very same time those "LUV" fruitcakes get more violent than the violence they condemn when anyone disagrees with them.

I notice, also, that they want us to come over to their side but they will not budge one iota to coming over to our side.

and use it to absoultely shred the rest of the Bible - the old testament and the new - and say that is ALL that the true Christian needs to become a Christ Follower - just be nice and turn the other cheek when other people are not nice back. (That is really just the TIP of the iceburg, and a great beginning in learning to follow Christ, but I believe that there is much more to it than just that - one has to learn how to Walk with God, to Walk in the Spirit, etc.)

:amen::goodpost: IM!! I really don't care what others say. :smile God has given me a command (not an option) to get out His Word. I am proud to be called a child of God!! God NOT only saved me from an eternal hell, but hell on earth. I can't imagine going through ALL of this---without Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Matthew 5:10-14...10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for their's is the kingdom of heaven. 11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. 13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour (strength), wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. 14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. "The precious words of Jesus Christ" KJV 1611 AV.

:amen: This is the heart of the matter. :thumb

It nauseates me when I hear so much 'LUV, LUV, LUV", and at the very same time those "LUV" fruitcakes get more violent than the violence they condemn when anyone disagrees with them.

I notice, also, that they want us to come over to their side but they will not budge one iota to coming over to our side.

Yep, PE. :thumb I haven't heard the word "fruitcakes" in this context---since my dad and uncle were alive. It was their favorite word for sodomites. LOL.

BTW, we have a non-denominational church in my area where the pastor preached on "the sin" of homosexuality a few years back. 4 homosexuals came early to the church early on Monday morning to beat up the pastor. The pastor wasn't there...so, they attacked the custodian. We were so proud of Pastor ________ b/c he still preaches against this sin. It was ALL over the papers, here...and, it really brought out the violence that this group is capable of. I know a homosexual man, that has been re-evaluating his "lifestyle" for some time now. This woke up the "gay" community around here. :thumb

The goat vs sheep separation occur after the Great Tribulation (i.e. after the 7-year period of jacob's trouble) when Christ comes down to earth the second time. We have a clue in Matthew 25:31-33

<< Matthew 25 >>

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set

I rightly have not given thought to this in years, but I remember someone in my distant pass making a comment that in the Bible eagle was mentioned where they thought it was referring to the United States of America.

Seems it may have been a group of men at church talking when I was still a school age boy. Any of you heard such a thing.

Do you remember years back---in the first Bush Administration, when Saddam Hussein mentioned "The Eagle?" I clearly remember that he was afraid.

• Members

Something about those who are on Satan's side, they will get violent when they feel their favorite sin threatened. Whether it be homosexuals or those who love to murder babies, or some other sick sin. But look at who the fault is pinned on. They have the help of many in trying to stomp out Christians who they claim provokes them. of course in a reality old Satan is the provoker.

of course in a reality old Satan is the provoker.

:amen: Pastor Jerry! I simply tell unsaved people---"If you can work that hard for Satan, where you will spend an eternity in hell---imagine what you could do for Jesus Christ?"

I think it was IM that said the Bible is "Hate Speech" to the unsaved. Well...it isn't too attractive until you get saved. And, even then...you don't want to hear some things that God has to say. They certainly are convicting. :thumb

[quote="manofconviction"]I appreciate the effort, thought and research done in posting this thread. People do need to be informed (as mentioned early in this thread). There is also some edification in here (do you think others read far enough to get there)? :cool[/quote]

Oh...and, I also wanted to state that one of my uncles (now deceased) was a NASA Engineer. After he retired...I found out a whole lot about "What Other Countries Are Doing to the U.S.A." Just so you know. :wink

• Members

:amen: Pastor Jerry! I simply tell unsaved people---"If you can work that hard for Satan, where you will spend an eternity in hell---imagine what you could do for Jesus Christ?"

I think it was IM that said the Bible is "Hate Speech" to the unsaved. Well...it isn't too attractive until you get saved. And, even then...you don't want to hear some things that God has to say. They certainly are convicting. :thumb

Molly, No doubt, the lost the Bible is hate speech, for it tells them about their true self. Many probably don't want to hear it, for they do not like the convictions it can bring to their hearts.

The truth cost both Jesus and John the Baptist lives, it does not seem that Jesus nor John the Baptist stopped proclaiming the truth even thought the truth cost them their life. What an example they set for us.

Faced with death it takes 100% faith placed in the Father and the Son to keep on proclaiming all truths. I don't know if I would pass that test or not, I have not had it.

Molly, No doubt, the lost the Bible is hate speech, for it tells them about their true self. Many probably don't want to hear it, for they do not like the convictions it can bring to their hearts.

The truth cost both Jesus and John the Baptist lives, it does not seem that Jesus nor John the Baptist stopped proclaiming the truth even thought the truth cost them their life. What an example they set for us.

Faced with death it takes 100% faith placed in the Father and the Son to keep on proclaiming all truths. I don't know if I would pass that test or not, I have not had it.

:amen::goodpost: Yes...What an awesome example Pastor Jerry. :-) I pray that I would "pass that test" if I was given it. It could indeed happen to us.

The one thing that is VERY disturbing to my IFB pastor is when some people say..."I would die for Christ." He replies by saying..."How can you say you would die for Christ...when you haven't started to live for Him first?" How true!