• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Catholicism vs Islam (which is the bigger threat)

Catholicism vs Islam  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which is a bigger threat

• Catholicism
    • Islam

• Members

I know this is a sensitive subject, but I was curious none-the-less. Which is a bigger threat to Christianity and humanity - Catholicism or Islam. As far as I'm concerned Catholicism is a bigger threat considering all those little boys who got molested and the fact that the Pope is the False Prophet. However perhaps Obama being the anti-Christ is worse. Opinions?

Edited by malachi777

• Members

At one time the RCC was a large threat, that was years ago during that period of time they would murder those that would not convert to their way. At that time they hoped to rule the world & in all reality wanted to stomp out all of Jesus' true churches. But we know that will never happen, throughout this age, Jesus will have churches in this world, Matthew 16:18.

Perhaps secretly they would still love to rule the world.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Catholicism and Islam have "ties" that bind. They are becoming "interconnected"...especially through the worship of the virgin Mary (Mariolatry). T. A. McMahon wrote an excellent article on this subject, which is found on the Berean Call website:

Catholicism & Islam: Ties That Bind

As far as threats go, they are both threats...to the souls of mankind. They both will doom your soul to hell, while promising a "ticket" into heaven. However, Catholicism rides along the edge of Christianity and has been accepted by mainstream Christianity as simply another "denomination" that teaches the deity of Christ, the virgin birth, the Trinity, etc.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

I think that the biggest threat to Christianity is apathy...

Ephesians 5:13-15
13But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
14Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
15See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,

• Members

I think that the biggest threat to Christianity is apathy...

Ephesians 5:13-15
13But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
14Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
15See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,

Here's your first quotation...I hope! Nice to see you jump in.
Apathy, is rampant in the church now.

Matthew 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Faith is an ACTION word for the Christian.

Luke 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?