• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Family friend suing her rapist

• Members

1st: I doubt this is a true event (though it could be)
2nd: I think you're just yanking chains and have no life outside of a computer
3rd: The US government says this boy should be charged
4th: The boy can't be sued without it resulting in him being charged
5th: Rebekah (as a case in point) was given an option ("will you go with this man?") concerning a marrige (I know there was no rape there)
6th: The French government used to have a miniature guillotine that was quite appropriate for this case
7th: The family would prefer to have a wedding today and see a divorce later to avoid their embarrassment? (or do you think the marriage will endure the time of his incarceration?)

I have to agree!

It seems he fails to understand rape is a sin, & because a man rapes a woman does not mean she should marry him,

Plus he seems to think the cure for rape is for the woman to marry the man that raped her.

And he has the nerve to say I'm not a true Baptist.

With what he has posted under this topic, and that topic about a video, I dislike having to say this at any time, but he seems suspect.

• Members

I have to agree!

It seems he fails to understand rape is a sin, & because a man rapes a woman does not mean she should marry him,

Plus he seems to think the cure for rape is for the woman to marry the man that raped her.

And he has the nerve to say I'm not a true Baptist.

With what he has posted under this topic, and that topic about a video, I dislike having to say this at any time, but he seems suspect.

First off, sex before marriage is sin. I'm not saying that I agree with rape because I dont but the Bible says nothing about rape being a sin. I dont mean to question whether you are a true Baptist, but it seems that you don't know your bible too well. Nothing a good long read and a few prayer sessions wont help. I seem suspect? I'm not too sure what you mean boy but I hope you find your answers.

• Members

You seem to ber putting all of this on the young lady. "The worst part is she won't even consider marrying him" - Is that worse than him raping her? "The man is willing to father the child" Sorry - he already DID father the child. You question our Christianity, but call the man who raped her a Christian boy. You agree that "sex outside of marriage is unforgivable" but don't mention that rape is heinous. But for the fact the HE RAPED HER, his act, his sin, this would be a non-issue,

• Members

Let's not forget that those civil laws were given specifically to Israel. In the New Testament Christians are commanded to be subject to the government they live under. Christians are under the civil laws of the nation they live in, they are not subject to the civil laws given to ancient Israel that no longer exists.

Christians are also to marry only Christians. There is more than enough reason to question whether or not the rapist is actually a biblical Christian or not.

In the end, it comes down to the fact Christians are not under the civil laws given to Israel in the Old Testament. There was no mention of the age of the rapist and the woman raped, but the civil laws of the nation they live in applies and depending upon their ages, whether to pursue legal actions or whatever is up to the woman who was raped, or her parents if she's a minor...or the local authorities depending upon their ages.

As to birthing a bastard child, that which you cite is from laws handed specifically to ancient Israel and one of them deals with the temple. None of that applies to Christians or to one attending a Christian church.

• Members

Let's not forget that those civil laws were given specifically to Israel. In the New Testament Christians are commanded to be subject to the government they live under. Christians are under the civil laws of the nation they live in, they are not subject to the civil laws given to ancient Israel that no longer exists.

As to birthing a bastard child - None of that applies to Christians or to one attending a Christian church.

AMEN

• Members

Christians are also to marry only Christians. There is more than enough reason to question whether or not the rapist is actually a biblical Christian or not.

In the end, it comes down to the fact Christians are not under the civil laws given to Israel in the Old Testament. There was no mention of the age of the rapist and the woman raped, but the civil laws of the nation they live in applies and depending upon their ages, whether to pursue legal actions or whatever is up to the woman who was raped, or her parents if she's a minor...or the local authorities depending upon their ages.

As to birthing a bastard child, that which you cite is from laws handed specifically to ancient Israel and one of them deals with the temple. None of that applies to Christians or to one attending a Christian church.

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
As for the laws that were "specific to ancient Israel" were the ten commandments not a part of these laws? Lets just lie and dishonor our parents all we want, right? is that what youre saying? Sorry I just dont get your way of thinking

• Members

The death, burial and resurrection of Christ fulfilled the ceremonial laws and Christians were never under the civil laws. As with all civil laws, they only apply to the nation that has established them. God established certain civil laws for the nation of Israel. God never established those civil laws for every nation.

The spiritual laws were reaffirmed in the New Testament where Christ "amplified" them by making it clear they are primarily about our hearts rather than just outward observance as had become the norm.

• Members

I am amazed, totally shocked that you are upholding this man who forced himself on the lady. You are acting like he is doing some valiant thing. What he did was disgusting - this young lady has been violated. She was put in this position. And yet you put her down. Is he going to be shamed because he is the father of this "bastard" child? Is he going to be shamed because he did an act that is causing this child to be a bastard? And by the way, she did not "get pregnant" he impregnated her.

Edited by quinkie

• Members

If my daughter was raped I would not encourage her to marry her rapist. If what you say is true children under the age of 12 should be forced to marry their rapist.

Also the comment about a bastard being unable to go to heaven or in church, then I dont think I would want to go to heaven without my husband. His mother didnt even know or was able to tell him who is real dad is before she was killed. Hubby is a professed chirstian so I think God died for all men and women on earth.

• Members

If my daughter was raped I would not encourage her to marry her rapist. If what you say is true children under the age of 12 should be forced to marry their rapist.

Also the comment about a bastard being unable to go to heaven or in church, then I dont think I would want to go to heaven without my husband. His mother didnt even know or was able to tell him who is real dad is before she was killed. Hubby is a professed chirstian so I think God died for all men and women on earth.

Thank goodness he does not know what he is talking about, I have no idea where he learned such things, but one thing for sure, they did not teach him God's truths.

And it may be as Old Fashioned suggested, he it trying to yank chains. That he is doing.