• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Family friend suing her rapist

• Members

A friend of the family recently came to us in need of some advice, help us help her out. Her daughter was recently raped by a young Baptist man and she became pregnant. Now this vile girl is threatening to charge this man. The worst part is she won't even consider marrying this man. Any advice I can pass on?

• Members

I don't understand. He RAPED her and you call her vile?

Yes, she wants to birth a bastard child.
The law is clear in this situation:

Deuteronomy
22:28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
22:29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

• Moderators

A friend of the family recently came to us in need of some advice, help us help her out. Her daughter was recently raped by a young Baptist man and she became pregnant. Now this vile girl is threatening to charge this man. The worst part is she won't even consider marrying this man. Any advice I can pass on?

If someone stole my truck, I wouldn't consider selling him my truck and house.
If you're trying to tie in a possible requirement under Mosaic law (we'll go ahead and not look at "cried out, didn't cry out, etc), you didn't say he was refusing marriage.

What part of "I didn't give my body then, I sure ain't giving it now" do you have a problem with?
Sounds to me like the family is more concerned with the "embarrasment factor".
Besides, if there "needs" to be a marriage -- wait the 15-20 years for him to get out of prison.

• Moderators

I'm a slowwwwwwww typist, you posted while I was typing, making most of my post unnecessary. The man is under obligation under Mosaic law because HE is vile, not because she is.

I would tell MR VILE, talk to you in 15-20 years -- pray that I don't still want to transfer you to the morgue at that time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators

I'm sorry I dont follow. You're saying let her birth a bastard child?

You have given insufficient info for an informed response (probably intentionally) and I don't waste time to continue exchanges beyond 2-5 posts per subject online anyway --- but, are you saying that this boy wants to marry her even though the only sex he'll be seeing over the next 15-20 is from fellow inmates and then return to her life?

Or are you advocating murdering the baby?

At one time in this country rape was a capital offense, he ought to be glad it isn't anymore. Edited by OLD fashioned

• Members
You have given insufficient info for an informed response (probably intentionally) and I don't waste time to continue exchanges beyond 2-5 posts per subject online anyway --- but, are you saying that this boy wants to marry her even though the only sex he'll be seeing over the next 15-20 is from fellow inmates and then return to her life?

What I'm trying to get at is the family wants the two to get married because they do not want to have a bastard grandchild. The man in question has told them that he is willing to father the child, however the daughter wants to charge him.
I hardly think she WANTS to birth a bastard child. In fact, if she was raped, she probably did not want to birth any child right now.

Well her family is very glad that she is willing to birth the child, and I agree that no one WANTS to birth a bastard child which is precisely why she should marry her rapist.

• Members

OK, You said this man raped here, now wants to marry her, & it seems that you calling her wrong, because she will not marry a man that raped here.

No, if a woman is raped, she is under no obligations to marry the man that raped here.

As for the man, he needs to be charged for raping her.

1st time ever heard such a suggestion.

• Members

OK, You said this man raped here, now wants to marry her, & it seems that you calling her wrong, because she will not marry a man that raped here.

No, if a woman is raped, she is under no obligations to marry the man that raped here.

The bible would say otherwise(read up). You are a true Baptist Christian are you not?

As for the man, he needs to be charged for raping her.

Are you God? Who are you to say this Christian boy needs to be charged?

• Members

If ,he is a "young Baptist man" was he never taught that rape was wrong? that sex outside of marriage was wrong? Or did he just learn the Old Testament - rape the girl and then ask her to marry you?
I would never ask a daughter of mine to marry the man who raped her. A man who cannot control himself with a girl he is supposed to "love" enough to marry could not be trusted to control himself around other women, or perhaps even his own daughter.

• Members

If ,he is a "young Baptist man" was he never taught that rape was wrong? that sex outside of marriage was wrong? Or did he just learn the Old Testament - rape the girl and then ask her to marry you?
I would never ask a daughter of mine to marry the man who raped her. A man who cannot control himself with a girl he is supposed to "love" enough to marry could not be trusted to control himself around other women, or perhaps even his own daughter.

I admit that having sex before marriage is completely unforgivable but why would you let your child be born a bastard? Bastards are an abomination.

Deuteronomy 23:2
A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD.

• Moderators

1st: I doubt this is a true event (though it could be)
2nd: I think you're just yanking chains and have no life outside of a computer
3rd: The US government says this boy should be charged
4th: The boy can't be sued without it resulting in him being charged
5th: Rebekah (as a case in point) was given an option ("will you go with this man?") concerning a marrige (I know there was no rape there)
6th: The French government used to have a miniature guillotine that was quite appropriate for this case
7th: The family would prefer to have a wedding today and see a divorce later to avoid their embarrassment? (or do you think the marriage will endure the time of his incarceration?)

Edited by OLD fashioned

• Members

1st: I doubt this is a true event (though it could be)
2nd: I think you're just yanking chains and have no life outside of a computer
3rd: The US government says this boy should be charged
4th: The boy can't be sued without it resulting in him being charged
5th: Rebekah (as a case in point) was given an option ("will you go with this man?") concerning a marrige (I know there was no rape there)
6th: The French government used to have a miniature guillotine that was quite appropriate for this case
7th: The family would prefer to have a wedding today and see a divorce later to avoid their embarrassment? (or do you think the marriage will endure the time of his incarceration?)

I'm not sure why you think I'm "yanking your chain" apparently you think rape is funny. And as for what the US government thinks, is that really relevant? The US government also believes that there should be seperation from church and state - and I know as good Christian man you must agree that our children should be taught the Bible in school. And personally I live by the law of God, not the law of the muslim Obama!