Online Baptist

Favorite Sport you never miss to watch....!

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

I'm not stuck on any sports, football is my favorite, but I would never feel that the world has ended by missing my favorite football team play. That is it would not make me feel I had been deprived.

• 1 month later...

Well, I hate to admit this, but I love playing "Mario Kart" on my daughter's WII...and I play it whenever I get the chance...under the name "BurntNoodle". :01nocomment8so:

If anyone else plays it, PM me your console #, and I'll add you as a friend on our WII (if you want)...then I'll blow your doors off! :stirthepot:

Edited by No Nicolaitans

Right now college football is my favorite sport to watch. I'm a Boise State Bronco fan. My second favorite is the NBA, I'm a Suns fan. Third favorite is the NFL, no favorite teams there.

I hardly ever watch sports though.

My youngest son likes the St. Louis Cardinals so I will watch some of that with him. I've never been a big fan of watching sports.

Back in university I had a friend who loved the Chicago Bears and we would get together after church and eat a big meal and watch the Bears play. He liked to the Chicago Bulls too (back in the Jordan days) and sometimes I'd watch a little of that with him.

There isn't any sport that stops me in my tracks any longer.....I even skipped the last Super Bowl that the Bears were in (against Indy) to get baptized.

Anyway, now that I'm back up north I'm able to see a little more hockey. My Blackhawks won the Cup 2 seasons ago and hope they do it again this year despite recent injuries.

Lots of professing Christians feels that attending a sporting event on Sunday, missing church services is A OK, that church services at one of Jesus' churches is not important for them nor their family.

A football coach that left coaching high school football two years ago to pastor a local church, that now has left being a pastor to go back to coaching high school football, compared coaching football to being a pastor, said the only difference was coaching high school football you worked with 15 to 18 years old boys. He said this to the local newspaper in an interview.

Lots of professing Christians feels that attending a sporting event on Sunday, missing church services is A OK, that church services at one of Jesus' churches is not important for them nor their family.

A football coach that left coaching high school football two years ago to pastor a local church, that now has left being a pastor to go back to coaching high school football, compared coaching football to being a pastor, said the only difference was coaching high school football you worked with 15 to 18 years old boys. He said this to the local newspaper in an interview.

It's very sad how empty some of the parking lots in churches get when sports conflict with church time. Many pews go empty while the sporting event is well attended.

It's very sad how empty some of the parking lots in churches get when sports conflict with church time. Many pews go empty while the sporting event is well attended.

Especially when you just record the game and watch it later.

Especially when you just record the game and watch it later.

Our pastor has pointed that out from the pulpit and there are still those who claim they "have to" watch it while it's playing otherwise they will hear something about the game before they can watch the recoding of it and their experience will be ruined. Uh-huh.

Our pastor has pointed that out from the pulpit and there are still those who claim they "have to" watch it while it's playing otherwise they will hear something about the game before they can watch the recoding of it and their experience will be ruined. Uh-huh.

Would not that be so sad! :smug:
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

We have some people who are out the door like a bullet as soon as I am finished if their Aussie rules football team is playing Sunday afternoon, but none that I am aware of who put it before church - just a very close second...... :D

Me? Formula one car racing. I try to catch every race, but some clash with church. I either watch the replay Sunday night (normally 10.30pm to about 12.30) or I just miss it.
I can't record it and watch it later - when I have tried I end up not watching it anyway. :D

I like F-1 racing as well but don't have cable or satellite so to get on shown on an 'air' network channel is like never. I have never really watched a football game although I've tried a few times.

I think football is like horse racing: with gambling there is no game. I watched baseball until 1994. I played basketball but never watch or go to a game. On facebook I made a comment that I never observe the Catholic Christ Mass........... many asked what I did ------------ funny.

Saturday night I turned on the TV before going to bed, found the World of Outlaw & Later Models on Speed. I do enjoy watching them. I watched 4 heat races of the outlaws, & maybe 2 to 4 of the Late models, them gave it up & went to bed. Yet it was diffcult to leave it, I have not seen them race in 15 year or more.

This will give you an idea, if you never heard of them.

World of Outlaw

Late model

Edited by Jerry80871852

Football is my game, and the Detroit Lions is my team (Well, I didn't say I always picked a winner!)

I watch them every week AFTER church; they are on at 1:00 in the afternoon here, and I am usually home by then. If I miss "kick-off" I am disappointed, but the world goes on anyway!

Saturday night I turned on the TV before going to bed, found the World of Outlaw & Later Models on Speed. I do enjoy watching them. I watched 4 heat races of the outlaws, & maybe 2 to 4 of the Late models, them gave it up & went to bed. Yet it was diffcult to leave it, I have not seen them race in 15 year or more.

This will give you an idea, if you never heard of them.

World of Outlaw

Late model

Here the dirt oval racing is called speedway, and used to go all the time. The outlaws are the best, always was.

We actually have the main track in our city not far away, but I haven't been in the 8 years we have.lived here.......

We've had dirt tack ovals around here throughout the years. Two different time periods I use to go watch them. The track that’s presently here has the Outlaw cars & or Late Models once in a while. I don’t suppose I've attended one since the late 90’s.

Here is our local tracks web-site.

Back when I attend they ran pure, street stock, modifies, & late models & generally have over 100 cars every Saturday night & the stand would be packed. Since them they have changed the names of most of them, seems to be quite a bit different.

I told this story a few years back, but I feel sure there's some that has joined us since them. So I'm telling it once again.

And a few years ago a Christian man saved up his money all year long so he could attend the Superbowl. On that day he arrived a the stadium he found his seat was way up top, setting there the players seemed much like ants walking & running around on the field. Throughout the 1st half he kept thinking, if I would have styed home I would have had a much better view of this game. Towards the half time he kept watching a seat way below that no one was setting in.He finally decided when the half came he would make his way down to that seat & set in it, & f no one run him out of that seat he could surely enjoy the 2nd half.

So when half time got there that’s what he did, & the half was nearly over by the time he got seated. After setting there a few minutes he said to eh man next to him, “I hope I didn’t get someone's seat.” the man replied, “That’s my wife's seat.” He them said, “Oh, I apologize for getting it, I’ll get up and move.” the man replied again, “No, go ahead and set there, she isn’t able to use it today. For you see she died 3 days ago. Today the rest of my family are attending her funeral services.”

That was the day two fools met up at a Sunday Superbowl game. Of course they had plenty of company.