• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Inside of a spaceship

• Members

Very complicated for sure.

In the Air Force when I found out us engine mechanics was the ones that run up the engines on the B-52 & KC-135's to check them out after we repaired them, I though, this is something I must do. I feared I could never learn all the controls, and switches. But I put my self to the task, learning everything I could about it, going up & setting in the other seat as often as I could watching one of our mechanics that was qualified run up engines so I could learn. Which I also attended some classed, yet hands on experience beats classrooms any day.

By the time I made the next pay grade, the one I had to reach in order to do this I was ready to go to the flight simulator and get checked out. Amazingly I passed in flying colors, and I enjoyed my job so much more after that. It was especially nice when we got very low of airmen that were qualified to do this. For my sergeant would come and take me off a difficult job replacing me with someone that could not do this taking me to another plane to run the engines up checking out the repairs. And some days that would be the only thing I would do & my tool box would set on the truck throughout the whole shift.

Excuse my ignorance, but why does a NASA shuttle have Canadian insignia?

Unlike all the rest of the equipment that panel with some instruments on it was made in Canada.

Everything else is surely made in the good 'ol People's Republic of China.

• 2 weeks later...