• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

An Assyrian Antichrist?

• Members

Let's read Daniel 2:41-43:

[41] And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay,and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be init of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the ironmixed with miry clay.
[42] And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay,
so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.
[43] And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall
mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave oneto another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

I, like you, have long thought this was the New Roman Empire that is emerging before our eyes, and it could very well be. God calls the shots. However, I have another theory based on current events that needs serious consideration. What if the mixed kingdom is not Europe but Islamic in nature? What if it is the Muslim Brotherhood? Have you done enough study on this groups
to see how many nations they have influence in as well as how long
they have been around? I'm sure you have. Consider this:

The MB is a movement, not a political party, but members have created
political parties in several countries, such as the Islamic Action
Front in Jordan and Hamas in Gaza and the West Bank and the newly created Freedom and Justice Party in Egypt. These parties are staffed by Brotherhood members. . .

Although Iran is a predominately Shia Muslim country and the Muslim Brotherhood is Sunni in doctrine, Olga Davidson and Mohammad Mahallati claim the Brotherhood has had influence among Shia in Iran

The Interior Minister of Saudi Arabia, Prince Naif Ibn Abdul Aziz has
stated that the Muslim Brotherhood organization was the cause of most problems in the Arab world. 'The Brotherhood has done great damage to Saudi Arabia,' he said. Prince Naif accused the foremost Islamist group in the Arab world of harming the interests of Muslims. 'All our problems come from the Muslim Brotherhood. We have given too much support to this group..." "The Muslim Brotherhood has destroyed the Arab world,' he said. 'Whenever they got into difficulty or found their freedom restricted in their own countries, Brotherhood activists found refuge in the Kingdom which protected their lives... But they
later turned against the Kingdom...' The Muslim Brotherhood has links to groups across the Arab world, including Jordan's main parliamentary opposition, the 'Islamic Action Front,' and the 'Palestinian resistance movement, 'Hamas." The Interior Minister's outburst against the Brotherhood came amid mounting criticism in the United States of Saudi Arabia's longstanding support for Islamist groups around the world..."

The MB is primarily a Sunni organization, but they have, for their
political purposes, unified themselves with their Shia counterparts
creating an imperfect union. Politically, they are unified in their
hate for Israel, but what would cause them to be unified to an even
greater extent than that? The revelation of the Al-Mahdi, the Shia
messiah. Though the Sunni's don't embrace that, YET, they would if he came on the seen. You are familiar with the 12th Imam, I'm sure. That is ALL this Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is about. It is what his name is all about. Notice:

Mahmoud - "The praised one", "Worthy of reverence", and "Laudable or commendable"

Ahmadinejad is actually a compound name and it would be more properly presented in English as two names "Ahmadi Nejad."

The first part, Ahmadi, means "highly praised" or "most highly praised."

The second part of his last name, Nejad, is a Persian suffix that
means "descendant of."

So when he signs his full name, he looks down at the piece of paper
and reads in Farsi: "The Praised Descendant of the Most Highly
Praised." Which sounds almost like the title "Son of The Most High."

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_meaning_of_the_name_Ahmadinejad#ixzz1b9RodRnY

God allows people to be named certain names for certain times. When Israel needed to be "drawn out" of Egypt, he brought along a baby, who was drawn out of the Nile River by pharohs daughter, and grew up to draw his people out of Egypt, named Moses, which means, to draw out.

When the fulness of times was come, God brought forth his son to "save his people from their sins." Jesus is the Greek form of the Hebrew name, Joshua, which is the condensed form of Jehovah-hoshua, God is our Saviour. So, names mean something, at stratgic times.

According to their prophecy, in a time of great world calamity, the
Al-Mahdi will come forth and call Isa, (Jesus,) out of the sky to
establish the Caliphate. He, the Al-Mahdi, fits the description of
the False Prophet. What if the False Prophet and Antichrist are
Islamic? Why not. We've always thought these guys were European, but current events points another direction. Even this:

"And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river
Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the
kings of the east might be prepared." Revelation 16:12

Iraq Suffers as the Euphrates River Dwindles - NYTimes.com
www.nytimes.com/2009/07/14/world/middleeast/14euphrates.html

Drought Reveals Iraqi Archaeological Treasures : NPR
www.npr.org › News › World › IraqSimilar - Mar 20, 2009 – Ancient
buildings have emerged from the river bed in Iraq's western Anbar
province as the Euphrates River dries up. For the first time, ...

Just a couple of casual Google searches.

We can discuss another time the "when" of Rev. 16:12, but the fact is, what if the kings of the east are Muslim invaders, and not China?
Again, consider this:

"And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years." Rev. 20:4

Question: Who beheads in the Middle East? Ding! Right! The
Muslims, we've seen it in the news.

Well, I typed this kind of quick, and it is somewhat scattered, but in
your studies, consider that we are looking at an Islamic Caliphate as the New World Order, not some European Union oriented group, (or the Pope as some have indicated.)

Thanks for reading,
Ben

• Members

The three killers of Christians throughout history have been the Roman Catholic Church, Communism, and Islam.

Perhaps it will be an amalgamation of all three?

Don’t forget: the beheadings don’t begin until the second half of the Tribulation when the mark has been introduced. When the mark is introduced the world church (religious Babylon) is destroyed and the Antichrist demands to be worshipped as God. It’s a whole different ballgame then.

• Members

In Ezekiel 38 and 39 Gog and Tubal (Russia) and some Islamic nations attack Israel and are toasted by God. I think this happens around the second year of the Tribulation. If so, then perhaps the Muslim question is taken care of at that point with the Roman Catholic Church becoming firmly entrenched as the religion of the world.

Edited by Rick Schworer

• Administrators

I personally think it will be an amalgamation of several beliefs - with no particular religious identity other than its own. The Jews would never accept a muslim messiah, and with other scripture we see that the Anti-christ will be from the tribe of Dan (no self-respecting muslim will follow a Jew...)

I know many people believe the pope will be the anti-christ, but he couldn't be, really. The anti-christ is a policital person more than he is religious. I do think that the false prophet will be a re-worked pope figure. I say re-worked because the one world church won't recognize Jesus Christ and the Catholic church at least does lip service to Him right now.

The similarities in the Catholics, Mormons, and Muslims is interesting...there are just a few things that would need to be tweaked for the three of them to become one...

• Members

The RCC has always made it their SOP to absorb other religions by adding their beliefs to their own. Muslims and Mormons don't do that. I don't think there's any chance that Mormonism plays a part in this at all. The second seal (which is probably in the second year of the Tribulation) is war, so if I had to guess all opposing religions would be brought under the submission of the RCC by peace or the sword.

This is how they've operated throughout history: they blend themselves with the other religion (like Paganism), convert them, or kill them.

Edited by Rick Schworer

• Members

I personally think it will be an amalgamation of several beliefs - with no particular religious identity other than its own. The Jews would never accept a muslim messiah, and with other scripture we see that the Anti-christ will be from the tribe of Dan (no self-respecting muslim will follow a Jew...)

I know many people believe the pope will be the anti-christ, but he couldn't be, really. The anti-christ is a policital person more than he is religious. I do think that the false prophet will be a re-worked pope figure. I say re-worked because the one world church won't recognize Jesus Christ and the Catholic church at least does lip service to Him right now.

The similarities in the Catholics, Mormons, and Muslims is interesting...there are just a few things that would need to be tweaked for the three of them to become one...

To an extent I think this has merit. I don't know about the anti-christ coming from the tribe of Dan, I've heard many different theories of who this may be but none that give 100% certainty.

Beyond that, it's seems reasonble to believe that the anti-christ will manage to bring the various religious and political ideologies together in some manner. The anti-christ will be a great deceiver and many eyes will be blinded to the truth. It's possible the anti-christ may somehow appear differently to different groups which will make him acceptable.

Already the RCC is working to form relations with Islam, Mormons and nearly all other religions. The RCC, as noted, has always been willing to compromise and adopt aspects of other religions in order to gain more influence. Most other religions, including Islam, is willing to cut deals with non-Muslims if they believe the end justifies the means.

What this unity or amalgamation of religion and politics will eventually look like, we may not be able to know, but it seems likely some aspect of this will take place.

• Members

We know based on the past that the RCC tried to rule the world, to the point of murdering those who opposed them. And based on that perhaps many feel they will be the Antichrist.

I can see that the Antichrist could come out of the RCC, yet I don't believe anyone can be certain enough to proclaim that as the truth, just that its possible they might be.

No doubt, the Muslims has hatred even for the RCC. Can the RCC winning ways win them over? I doubt it, they want to be the leader & ruler of this world & does not seem they would play 2nd fiddle to anyone. But we know they would use anyone to gain what they want, them throw them under the bus when they're through with them.

• Administrators

One reason that so many believe that the RCC is the one-world church is that Rome is built on seven hills. But so is ancient Babylon...I believe that the one-world church will be a reversion to the ancient Babylonian religion on which the RCC is based.

John, there is nothing in scripture that says out-and-out that the Anitchrist will come from the tribe of Dan. But there is belief of long standing that he will, and there is scripture that seems to support the idea. Jewish tradition actually states it, as well (Testament of the Patriarchs - not scripture, but tradition).

For I know that in the last days you will defect from the Lord, you will be offended at Levi, and revolt against Judah; but you will not prevail over them. . . To the extent that you abandon the Lord, you will live by every evil deed, committing the revolting acts of the Gentiles, chasing after wives of lawless men, and you are motivated to all the wickedness by the spirits of deceit among you.

This belief comes from Jeremiah 8:16-17
The snorting of his horses was heard from Dan: the whole land trembled at the sound of the neighing of his strong ones; for they are come , and have devoured the land, and all that is in it; the city, and those that dwell therein. For, behold, I will send serpents, cockatrices, among you, which will not be charmed, and they shall bite you, saith the LORD.

Irenaeus (who lived not too long after the apostle John) said:
And there is therefore in this beast, when he comes, a recapitulation made of all sorts of iniquity and of every deceit, in order that all apostate power, flowing into and being shut up in him, may be sent into the furnace of fire. Fittingly, therefore, shall his name possess the number six hundred and sixty-six, since he sums up in his own person all the commixture of wickedness which took place previous to the deluge, due to the apostasy of the angels. . . And [Antichrist] also sums up every error of devised idols since the flood, together with the slaying of the prophets and the cutting off of the just

“And Jeremiah does not merely point out his sudden coming, but he even indicates the tribe from which he shall come, where he says, ‘The snorting of his horses was heard from Dan: the whole land trembled at the sound of the neighing of his strong ones; for they are come, and have devoured the land, and all that is in it; the city, and those that dwell therein.’

Granted, there is nothing definite in this, but when added to the fact that Dan is the only tribe missing in Rev. 7, and other verses describing the Antichrist, many Bible scholars believe he will arise from Dan - and have been raised somewhere in Europe, most likely. The Jews will not follow a Gentile Messiah, so logically the Antichrist will have to at least seem to be of Hebrew descent.

Jerry, I agree that Muslims are not going to want to submit to the RCC. Both groups (at their root) want to control the world. Only a compromise that will benefit both will bring them together. Can you imagine the power behind the man who will be able to do it? Makes me shudder to think of it.

• Members

Actually the pope is completely political. He is head of a state, the Vatican. Most countries have ambassadors to the Vatican. He issues coins with his head on them (Euros) He calls himself the Vicar of Christ which means exactly the same as Antichrist. The Waldensians and Hussites recognized him as such as well as all the reformers and baptists, see the 1689 Baptist declaration of faith. It is only in the last 200 years or so since Jesuit teachings have been absorbed into the church that he is considered to be future.

• Administrators

Actually the pope is completely political. He is head of a state, the Vatican. Most countries have ambassadors to the Vatican. He issues coins with his head on them (Euros) He calls himself the Vicar of Christ which means exactly the same as Antichrist. The Waldensians and Hussites recognized him as such as well as all the reformers and baptists, see the 1689 Baptist declaration of faith. It is only in the last 200 years or so since Jesuit teachings have been absorbed into the church that he is considered to be future.

I understand all of that, and don't dispute it - but he is not looked on by the world as a political figure, per se. He is, however, a religious leader in all ways. I don't believe the pope will be the anti-Christ. I believe he is AN anti-Christ, as anyone who knows what the RCC teaches would have to believe.

• Members

Isaiah 30:27-33

[27] Behold, the name of the LORD cometh from far, burning with his anger, and the burden thereof is heavy: his lips are full of indignation, and his tongue as a devouring fire:
[28] And his breath, as an overflowing stream, shall reach to the midst of the neck, to sift the nations with the sieve of vanity: and there shall be a bridle in the jaws of the people, causing them to err.
[29] Ye shall have a song, as in the night when a holy solemnity is kept; and gladness of heart, as when one goeth with a pipe to come into the mountain of the LORD, to the mighty One of Israel.
[30] And the LORD shall cause his glorious voice to be heard, and shall shew the lighting down of his arm, with the indignation of his anger, and with the flame of a devouring fire, with scattering, and tempest, and hailstones.
[31] For through the voice of the LORD shall the Assyrian be beaten down, which smote with a rod.
[32] And in every place where the grounded staff shall pass, which the LORD shall lay upon him, it shall be with tabrets and harps: and in battles of shaking will he fight with it.
[33] For Tophet is ordained of old; yea, for the king it is prepared; he hath made it deep and large: the pile thereof is fire and much wood; the breath of the LORD, like a stream of brimstone, doth kindle it.

Sounds like the Antichrist to me.

• Members

Sister LuAnne said:

One reason that so many believe that the RCC is the one-world church is that Rome is built on seven hills....

So is Istanbul, Turkey. There is a guy there named Adnan Oktar, who goes by the pen name, Harun Yahya, which is Aaron John, (the High Priest, and the Revelator,) who is proposing both the establishment of an Islamic Caliphate, AND the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem. Oh, my!

Isaiah 1:13,13, said:

Isaiah 30:27-33

[27] Behold, the name of the LORD cometh from far, burning with his anger, and the burden thereof is heavy: his lips are full of indignation, and his tongue as a devouring fire:
[28] And his breath, as an overflowing stream, shall reach to the midst of the neck, to sift the nations with the sieve of vanity: and there shall be a bridle in the jaws of the people, causing them to err.
[29] Ye shall have a song, as in the night when a holy solemnity is kept; and gladness of heart, as when one goeth with a pipe to come into the mountain of the LORD, to the mighty One of Israel.
[30] And the LORD shall cause his glorious voice to be heard, and shall shew the lighting down of his arm, with the indignation of his anger, and with the flame of a devouring fire, with scattering, and tempest, and hailstones.
[31] For through the voice of the LORD shall the Assyrian be beaten down, which smote with a rod.
[32] And in every place where the grounded staff shall pass, which the LORD shall lay upon him, it shall be with tabrets and harps: and in battles of shaking will he fight with it.
[33] For Tophet is ordained of old; yea, for the king it is prepared; he hath made it deep and large: the pile thereof is fire and much wood; the breath of the LORD, like a stream of brimstone, doth kindle it.

Sounds like the Antichrist to me.

Amen, good one.

Check out his site dedicated to the second coming of Christ:

http://www.jesuswill....com/index2.php

and...

Muslim Leader Wants Temple Rebuilt Edited by PreacherBen

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I believe the antichrist will come from a christian nation when God gives him cotrol after the rapture.

The Religion of the Antichrist

2Thessalonians 2:3-12

Indicates that God will cause all the people who heard the truth of the gospel of Jesus and rejected it, to

believe the lie of the antichrist. The antichrist will come to power in the formerly Christian nations because

most of their people will believe the antichrist. Daniel’s forth Beast is the Roman Empire, which will

morph into 10 toes or kingdoms at the end of time. The religion in those countries will be the apostate

Christian church called the Harlot or Mystery Babylon. Every where the antichrist and the ten kings

conquer will also come under the harlot church. The coming world church will be the apostate Christian

church in the first half of the tribulation period. In the last half of the tribulation the 10 kings who will

devour the whole earth will kill the harlot and give their power to the antichrist. He will go into the temple

and declair that he is god. Therefore the religion of the antichrist will be emperor worship with himself as

emperor.

• Members

To Wilchbla,

Daniel 11:40KJV Indicates that the Assyrian (king of the north) will attack 666 when Egypt (king of the South attacks). 666 will counter attack north of Israel first then pass through Israel (the glorious land) and attack Egypt. Therefore the beating down of Assyria in Isaiah 30:31is done by the antichrist at the demand of God.
I believe the covenant signed by the antichrist obligates him to defend Israel so that an attack on Israel is an attack on him.