• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Repentance - Biblical Viewpoint

• Members

You may call me a liar, but in almost every post I have quoted scripture whilst you have quoted almost nothing. The scripture says it, you won't believe it - so YOU are calling God a liar, not me.
I am not calling God a liar. His Word says no drunkard will inherit the kingdom of God. I quoted the verse.

Yet you say your dad was born an alcoholic (just as much an impossibility as one being born a serial killer) lived as an alcoholic and died an alcoholi... and was saved

It is you who calls God a liar. If your dad lived and died an alcoholic, he was no more a saved person than a brick is a thoroughbred horse. If he lived and died an alcoholic, he died a lost man and is in hell today. And no amount of believing saved him from hell if he lived and died an alcoholic.

• Members

Who gives YOU and YOUR CURRENT HUSBAND the right to say that your late husband was lost because he didnt believe in faith plus works? If he truly BELIEVED, then he is TRULY SAVED. For that matter, your current husband has told me I'm lost more than once in this thread because I do not hold to his humanistic philosophies of faith plus works for salvation.

And Linda, if you read the beginning of this thread like you claimed to, then you would see that I explained that it would not allow me to post this under a different section of the forum because I was a new member and so I posted this here. AND I stated from POST 1 that I did have an agenda, and it was to clear up the confusion surrounding the issue of repentance. I have been completely honest with my intentions from POST ONE.

My authority is the Word of God. I was married to this man for almost 20 years BEFORE he DECIDED to take his own life with alcohol 11 years ago. I lived with this man who I believed was saved and it didn't matter if he was drinking or not...that was because at one time I believed what you are so blatantly teaching now. If my late husband had REPENTED and turned to Christ in SAVING faith, he probably would still be alive today. But he NEVER turned to Christ in saving faith. Professing Christ with your lips and willfully living a sinful lifestyle is NOT having SAVING faith! My late husband was LOST!

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1 Corinthians 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

My late husband died a DRUKARD and the above Scriptures state that DRUNKARDS will NOT inherit the Kingdom of God....therefore, there is only one other place that my late husband can be...he's in HELL! Do you think it is easy for me to say this????? It breaks my heart, but those are the hard, cold facts. Do you think it is easy to watch your loved ones slowly kill themselves?

God gives repentance. You can continue to believe that repentance is a works salvation, but Scripture teaches otherwise.

Why did you put "current husband" in caps? I know SFIC is my current husband and he doesn't teach humanistic philosophies either.

"Your talk walks and your walk talks ; but your walk talks farther than your talk walks." ...author unknown. IOW, your actions speak louder than your words.

The only section you could not post in was the IFB section. When I joined this board in 2006, you had to have at least 50-100 (not sure) posts to join the IFB board. You could have started the thread in Biblical Issues...where it is now. You could have at least "introduced" yourself in the INTRO section and then started this thread where it is now, in The Bible and Christianity > Biblical Issues section of the forum.

There was no confusion here concerning repentance...UNTIL you "introduced" your agenda. Rule 9c of the Board Rules (did you ever read those?) states this:

9) We will not allow the following

c) Members that come just to argue doctrine instead of fellowship.

Here's the link where the rules are located:

Edited by LindaR

• Members

We shall all bow to SFIC as HE is GOD!! He has been invested with all authority, power and dominion to judge all men. To decide who is saved and who is not. All who do not abide by His Word shall burn with the drunkards, the liars, the thieves, the malcontents, those who disagree.

Frankly, I have had enough of you and your bigoted opinions. You may hate your brother and wish him in hell, and you Linda, may hate your husband and wish him in hell too. Me, I have no love for my father, but I would never presume to play God and judge him, nor would I wish him in hell. I choose to believe the Word, and the Word says he is saved.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

• Members

The Word says your father is in hell.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1 Corinthians 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

You call God a liar.

You will not bow to me, I don't want anyone bowing to me. But one day you will bow to God and have to tell Him why you taught that drunkards don't have to give up their filthy lifestyle and can still be saved. You will have to answer to God for leading people into a false hope

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• Members

As if enough in this thread isn't bad enough we now have ungodly attacks, accusations and sarcastic insults being hurled.

The Word of God is clear that one must repent and if they have repented unto salvation their lives will reflect this.

Amen Bro John!

• Members

Revelation 9:20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
Revelation 9:21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

Neither repented they of their sins... imagine that. God does want people to repent of sin.

• Members

Jeremiah 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

Here, we see God telling His people to seek out the good way and walk in it. If they do, they will find rest unto their souls.

Some must have removed this verse from their Bibles. They do not want to seek out the good way and walk therein. They would rather walk the path of sin and enter heaven too... the best of both worlds.

Proverbs 28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

Whoever forsaketh his sins shall have mercy? If we are to believe some, that verse should read 'whoso confesseth but continues in his sins shall have mercy.

Clearly mercy is not given if one is not repentant of sin.

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• Members

Let me ask a few simple questions to StandingFirm. I would appreciate others not responding. I think an example of what's going on here would be helpful.

1John.3

"... sin is the transgression of the law."

Question: Is transgression the same thing as sin?

Please reply with just a simple straight-forward answer.

• Administrators

It is time to close a thread when the discussions start to turn personal and when accusations are thrown, and sarcastic insults are abundant.

If any of you wish to continue this conversation, you can start a personal conversation (Using the Messenger) and invite anyone that you would like into that conversation.

:threadlockedbc5: