• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What are You Thankful for?

• Administrators

1 Chronicles 16:9 "Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works."

Thanksgiving is coming up in just a few days (22 to be exact). What are you thankful for? I thought it would be neat to list something each day - count our blessings. I'm sure we can all come up with 22 of them, right?

I am thankful for so much. With the loss of my grandmother recently, I was going through pictures and remembering...I praise the Lord for allowing my grandmother to be a part of my life for so long. That is a blessing that just doesn't have words to describe.

• Members

I am thankful for the grace that my glorious Savior has given me! Thankful for my church and that my wife and children are all saved! Thankful that the Holy Spirit is working over-time to turn this wretch into a man like Christ! Thankful that I live in a country however decrepit she may be, where I can still sing His praises and spread the Good News!

Sorry, you wanted one per day and just couldn't help myself! God is Good!

• Administrators

I am thankful for the grace that my glorious Savior has given me! Thankful for my church and that my wife and children are all saved! Thankful that the Holy Spirit is working over-time to turn this wretch into a man like Christ! Thankful that I live in a country however decrepit she may be, where I can still sing His praises and spread the Good News!

Sorry, you wanted one per day and just couldn't help myself! God is Good!

Well, that was all in one paragraph, so it works! :clapping: I, too, am thankful for those (except it's husband in my case) and appreciate you mentioning them.

• Members

1 Thessalonions 5: 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. I tried to think of things to be thankfull for and thought they sounded lame, then this verse came to mind.

I am thankful my kids got up with me this morning. I don't like them doing this, as its early and I like quiet time but really I should be thankful that they get up.

I am thankful that I can put food on my table everyday for my family, I know there are people who can't do this. The Lord provides bountifully for my family.

I am thankful that I have a washing machine and dishwasher to use as this makes my life easier. I was resenting having to do this, this morning as it never seems to end. But If I lived in earlier times I would be using a washboard or rock and that would have been much more difficult.