• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Chik fil A!

Anon

• Members

We have a strict no-fast food policy in our household. No McDonalds (although my wife has granted me a special dispensation for the duration of the McRib), no Burger King, no Wendy's, etc.

Guess what the one exception is: Chik-fil-A. We love Chik-fil-A.

Not only is the food good, but the service is a little shocking if all you're used to is snotty kids and surley managers who couldn't care whether you come back or not. I've never been in a Chik-fil-A where the kids weren't friendly and helpful. It actually reminds me a little (and I'm dating myself here) when you would pull into the Texaco station and a team of men would come out like a NASCAR pit crew to service your car while you were waiting.

I like the way they have community nights to support local charities and I love and have a tremendous amount of respect for them for choosing to honor the Lord's Day, even though it results in the loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue.

There isn't one thing not to like about Chik-fil-A. Truett Cathy founded the company on Biblical principles and that's why it stands head and shoulders above the rest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Just now reading this...I loved Chik-fil-A when I was younger. The stores were mall stores then - and always good sandwiches. When we were visiting my hubby's family over the Labor Day weekend, we saw a Chik-fil-A and decided to visit. Sorry to say, we were very disappointed. It's probably that one franchise, but the food was very expensive (although typical of Cols, OH), and the sandwiches were very, very small, and not tasty at all. I was disappointed, as I was looking forward to sharing a treat with my hubby, who had never tried Chik-fil-A before. After that experience, he's not looking forward to it again any time in the near future.

However, knowing now that it is a Christian company, if we see one again, mayhap we will patronize it.

Just now reading this...I loved Chik-fil-A when I was younger. The stores were mall stores then - and always good sandwiches. When we were visiting my hubby's family over the Labor Day weekend, we saw a Chik-fil-A and decided to visit. Sorry to say, we were very disappointed. It's probably that one franchise, but the food was very expensive (although typical of Cols, OH), and the sandwiches were very, very small, and not tasty at all. I was disappointed, as I was looking forward to sharing a treat with my hubby, who had never tried Chik-fil-A before. After that experience, he's not looking forward to it again any time in the near future.

However, knowing now that it is a Christian company, if we see one again, mayhap we will patronize it.

I'll take up your slack. I had two classics the other day...yummy!

• Members

This first time I had a sandwich I thought the same thing. Then I had them add provolone cheese, and I made sure to ask for mayonnaise to put on my sandwich. My husband substitutes his french fries for a fruit cup or cole slaw. I agree they are a little pricey, but we just love their food. Oh their sweet tea is amazing as well as their lemonade.

• Members

For those who never heard of them...

Do you live in America?
Do you watch TV?
Do you watch college (US) football?
Have you ever seen the cows advertise "Eat Mor Chikn?"

Of course I live in America, what a stupid question, there's many small rural towns in American where there is not seen such a place as a Chick-fil-A, what ever it is, but I suppose it serves chicken.

Yet you want hear me complain, there's lots of stuff we don't see, & lots of stuff we are very thankful for not seeing.

I do notice there's some that look down on us, think of as backward people, but that's OK, we are use to it.

• Administrators

I did want to try their sweet tea, but it was kind of late in the evening, and I didn't want the caffeine to keep me awake. Lemonade makes my acid reflux act up, so I just opted for water. I'll have to remember about the sweet tea next time we're near one.

Of course I live in America, what a stupid question, there's many small rural towns in American where there is not seen such a place as a Chick-fil-A, what ever it is, but I suppose it serves chicken.

Yet you want hear me complain, there's lots of stuff we don't see, & lots of stuff we are very thankful for not seeing.

I do notice there's some that look down on us, think of as backward people, but that's OK, we are use to it.

For some reason Jerry, I don't feel very stupid as a result of your comment. Take it up with my Savior if you don't think it was intended to reach our foriegn members.

Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

If your accusing me of being angry, your way off. It just sounds like you know nothing about rural American towns.

And I did not call you stupid, nor a fool!

Thanks for the apology, no harm no foul.

• 3 weeks later...