• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

2Tim215

Suicide and salvation?

I know of a man that use to carry a note pad in his shirt pocket. Anytime anyone did anything to offend him, he would write it down. From time to time he would take it out go though it some he would not forget, them when the opportunity came, he got even.

I know of a man that use to carry a note pad in his shirt pocket. Anytime anyone did anything to offend him, he would write it down. From time to time he would take it out go though it some he would not forget, them when the opportunity came, he got even.

A lot of folks allow things that make them mad to turn into bitterness and they nurse that grudge just waiting for the chance to get back at someone.

I know of another man that installs poultry equipment, he installed some equipment for a man, the man did not pay him fast enough. he stopped by the mans chicken house one day that had about 2 week old chickens in it, took a steel pole to the waters & feed lines destroying them. And he was proud of what he had done & bragged about it several years afterwards.

I was totally shocked that he would do such a thing, stuff like that happening makes it hard to trust anyone.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Your body is the Temple of the Holy Ghost.

Matthew 5:18-20 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Suicide is murder. Murder is one of the evils that begin in the heart and come to the surface; thereby defiling the man.

1 Corinthians 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Suicide is a defilement of the Temple of God. It brings a severe consequence... God will destroy the one who has defiled the body through an act of suicide.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Again, suicide is murder. All murderers will have their part in the lake that burneth with fire and brimstone.

Suicide is a corrupt fruit and "no good tree can bear corrupt fruit" according to the Words of Christ.

Suicide demonstrates the wickedness of man's heart.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Jeremiah 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Your body is the Temple of the Holy Ghost.

Matthew 5:18-20 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Suicide is murder. Murder is one of the evils that begin in the heart and come to the surface; thereby defiling the man.

1 Corinthians 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Suicide is a defilement of the Temple of God. It brings a severe consequence... God will destroy the one who has defiled the body through an act of suicide.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Again, suicide is murder. All murderers will have their part in the lake that burneth with fire and brimstone.

Suicide is a corrupt fruit and "no good tree can bear corrupt fruit" according to the Words of Christ.

Suicide demonstrates the wickedness of man's heart.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Jeremiah 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Mat 27:3 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,
Mat 27:4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.
Mat 27:5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

Both of you are so sad I want to go and chew my wrists!!!

God searches the heart, as Jeremiah says. And He will reward according to the fruit.

Jesus said in Matthew 7 that a good tree will not bring forth corrupt fruit.

Surely you don't suggest that suicide is a good fruit, do you?

The fact is, God knows who are His and who are not.

Suicide is just an example of one proving that he or she is serving another master. The last fruit they bear is corrupt proving that they were not saved at all, but only having a form of godliness.

Both of you are so sad I want to go and chew my wrists!!!

If "chewing on your wrists" makes you feel better, then chew away! Edited by LindaR

You guys really make me laugh. You go on and on and on and on and on and on and on about repenting in order to be saved so let me repeat the verse for the slow of thought and the cold of heart:

Mat 27:3 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,
Mat 27:4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.
Mat 27:5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

And sometimes I wonder what master you serve, definitely not He who made Himself man and died so that ALL WHO BELIEVE may obtain GRACE. We do not know if Judas was saved or not, only God does. Was his betrayal of Christ any less or more than David's adultery and murder, or Paul's killing of the Christians?

Judas was not saved, so your posting of Matthew 27 to prove he was is futile.

Judas' confession and repentance was toward man, not toward God. He did not go to God.

And do you know why he didn't? Because he was the son of perdition. His heart was indwelt by satan. He was the enemy of God.

Jeuss told the Disciples, have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

That one He spoke of was Judas, the son of perdition, whose last fruit was the corrupt fruit of self murder.

Jesus said murder comes from the heart and defiles the body. Judas defiled his body by suicide. He loved darkness rather than light because his deeds were evil.

Paul's killing of the Christians was prior to his Damascus Road experience. And the Word of God reveals that Paul did repent of his murderous ways.

And David? David repented of that evil that he had done. I suggest you read his prayer of repentance in Psalm 51.

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

Judas was not saved, so your posting of Matthew 27 to prove he was is futile. I never said he was saved, I said he repented, can you not read?

Judas' confession and repentance was toward man, not toward God. He did not go to God. We do not know his heart, you just assume you do, like you assume everything about everyone - your brother, myself and anyone who doesn't agree with your sick view of grace.

And do you know why he didn't? Because he was the son of perdition. His heart was indwelt by satan. He was the enemy of God. Satan dwelt in your heart too before you were saved, if you were saved.

Jeuss told the Disciples, have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

That one He spoke of was Judas, the son of perdition, whose last fruit was the corrupt fruit of self murder.

Jesus said murder comes from the heart and defiles the body. Judas defiled his body by suicide. He loved darkness rather than light because his deeds were evil. Jesus also said adultery and every other sin comes from the heart, is your heart pure? I think not, so by your own admission you will burn like the rest of us saved sinners.

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Paul's killing of the Christians was prior to his Damascus Road experience. And the Word of God reveals that Paul did repent of his murderous ways. Dhu!!!

And David? David repented of that evil that he had done. I suggest you read his prayer of repentance in Psalm 51.

I suggest you read:

1Th 3:12 And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you:
1Th 3:13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

The HE being Jesus not you and your efforts which can only amount to nothing without His Grace in your life.

So now you are saying we are not saved because we believe and teach the Word of God? I see.

Instead of teaching and believing the Word of God, we should be teaching the doctrine of Tim... I see.

Make a profession of faith in Christ, live like the devil and commit suicide when we are tired of life.......

The doctrine that one can make a profession of faith in Christ, live like the devil, commit suicide and still hear God speak the words Well done thou good and faithful servant, is a lie straight from the father of lies.... that old deceiver the devil.

What such a person who believes he can live like the devil, commit suicide and enter into life will hear instead is "depart from me, ye that work iniquity... I never knew you"

Then, they may hear the devil say "well done, thou good and faithful servant."

Yes, them there's the coon caught in a trap. One of his buddies walks by asking. "What is the problem?" He replies, "I got my foot caught in this trap." His fried replies, "Just chew off you foot."

Several hours later his friend comes walking by once again saying, "You haven't got out of that trap yet?"

The coon said,"No, not yet, & I've already chewed off three of my feet."

So now you are saying we are not saved because we believe and teach the Word of God? I see.

Instead of teaching and believing the Word of God, we should be teaching the doctrine of Tim... I see.

Make a profession of faith in Christ, live like the devil and commit suicide when we are tired of life.......

No, I was just following your common line to everyone, that they are not saved if they don't agree with YOU. I asked a personal question and all you have done from day one is judge, condemn, criticize and spout your stupid beliefs. Some christian you are when that is all you can do instead of try and build a fellow christian up as Paul exhorts us to do. When I read your posts I see that I am not nearly as bitter as I thought I was - you and your ilk is what is wrong with the church these days.

The doctrine that one can make a profession of faith in Christ, live like the devil, commit suicide and still hear God speak the words Well done thou good and faithful servant, is a lie straight from the father of lies.... that old deceiver the devil.

What such a person who believes he can live like the devil, commit suicide and enter into life will hear instead is "depart from me, ye that work iniquity... I never knew you"

Then, they may hear the devil say "well done, thou good and faithful servant."

Again, for the slow of hearing, the dumb of thought and the cold of heart, NO WHERE HAVE I EVER STATED THAT A BELIEVER CAN LIVE AS HE PLEASES - there are consequences, but damnation to hell is NOT one of them!!

I know David Peacock isn't teaching that a person who is saved can live like the devil. He warns his listeners "Watch out for temptation": Not "don't worry about temptation."

Maybe you should listen to some more of his teaching, you might actually learn something, so don't come and say that YOU KNOW what he teaches when you have no cooking clue!

You need to study Judas repenting, & you will see that he died a lost man, his personal choice, surprise to see that you think he was saved.

Never heard of anyone chewing on their wrists, does that make thing better?

Jerry, you are just as cold and hard of heart as SFIC, and if you could also read you will see that I never stated that Judas was saved, maybe the two of you should get some reading lessons, might help some.

Dunno.

You know a fox will chew its leg off if it is caught in a hunter's trap/

Perhaps Tim feels he is caught in a trap?

Does this comment make you feel superior? Most would help anyone or thing caught in a trap, the two of you are the type of christian that relish the suffering of other believers - makes you feel better about yourselves does it? Justifies your hard hearts?

Yes, them there's the coon caught in a trap. One of his buddies walks by asking. "What is the problem?" He replies, "I got my foot caught in this trap." His fried replies, "Just chew off you foot."

Several hours later his friend comes walking by once again saying, "You haven't got out of that trap yet?"

The coon said,"No, not yet, & I've already chewed off three of my feet."

Just as pathetic!!!

Sorry, I attempt to build anyone up by telling them lies or agreeing with the lies they already embrace and teach.

I am not the only one that read your words when you said a saved one can live as he or she pleases. And you are wrong... such acts will indeed lead one to hell. There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof is the way of death.

I know exactly what David Peacock teaches. He has sermons on SermonAudio. An he teaches to watch out for temptation. I suggest you tone down your language toward me.

Your attitude needs to change. You attack us with what may as well be curse words, you are not showing any evidence of the fruits of Salvation, but rather works of the enemy.

I've tried to help you out of the trap by showing Scripture to how your error. You just reject that Scripture.,

What I stated about the coon in the trap was not pointed towards you, nor no one on this board. I was just telling that to Standing Firm in Christ. By the way, I disagree with some of his post too. But I will not call his beliefs stupid.

And if you will go look at your post, you should be able to tell why everyone thought that you were stating Judas was a saved man.

The only part that was rightly pointed towards you was that I was surprised that anyone on here thought Judas was a save man.

With that said, I will apologize if you thought the joke I posted was pointed to you, & that is the only thing I'm apologizing for.

And if you think my beliefs are stupid, them we are very far apart.

Now, should any of us be upset or even mad, because you called out beliefs stupid? I'm not, just disappointed. But i want hold it against you.

Dunno.

You know a fox will chew its leg off if it is caught in a hunter's trap/

:ot: but I wanted to note that this is not true. I have trapped since I was a child and I also know many other trappers online and that just does not happen. Now some animals like coons, skunks, or possums(but not usually fox) are "chewers" and will occasionally chew the foot below the jaws of the trap because the foot has gone to sleep and they cannot feel it and they are busy chewing up everything in reach, but no animal will chew the foot where it is not asleep and cause itself pain in order to "escape". They don't reason like that nor do they generally fight the trap itself terribly hard as long as they have some cover to hide under and are not stuck out in the open where they feel exposed. Typically as has been proven with game cameras they will actually fight the trap for 10 minutes or less and if they don't escape by then they tend to settle down and struggle much less or not at all until disturbed. If animals really would chew their feet off to escape a trap then trappers would not use foothold traps since the whole point is to catch and hold the animal, not to cause them to self mutilate. I have frequently put my fingers in my traps to demonstrate that they are a far cry from the mutilating instruments of torture movies and public perception often makes them out to be.

Ok, back to topic... :wink