• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Suicide and salvation?

• Members

So now you are saying we are not saved because we believe and teach the Word of God? I see.

Instead of teaching and believing the Word of God, we should be teaching the doctrine of Tim... I see.

Make a profession of faith in Christ, live like the devil and commit suicide when we are tired of life.......

No, I was just following your common line to everyone, that they are not saved if they don't agree with YOU. I asked a personal question and all you have done from day one is judge, condemn, criticize and spout your stupid beliefs. Some christian you are when that is all you can do instead of try and build a fellow christian up as Paul exhorts us to do. When I read your posts I see that I am not nearly as bitter as I thought I was - you and your ilk is what is wrong with the church these days.

The doctrine that one can make a profession of faith in Christ, live like the devil, commit suicide and still hear God speak the words Well done thou good and faithful servant, is a lie straight from the father of lies.... that old deceiver the devil.

What such a person who believes he can live like the devil, commit suicide and enter into life will hear instead is "depart from me, ye that work iniquity... I never knew you"

Then, they may hear the devil say "well done, thou good and faithful servant."

Again, for the slow of hearing, the dumb of thought and the cold of heart, NO WHERE HAVE I EVER STATED THAT A BELIEVER CAN LIVE AS HE PLEASES - there are consequences, but damnation to hell is NOT one of them!!

I know David Peacock isn't teaching that a person who is saved can live like the devil. He warns his listeners "Watch out for temptation": Not "don't worry about temptation."

Maybe you should listen to some more of his teaching, you might actually learn something, so don't come and say that YOU KNOW what he teaches when you have no cooking clue!

You need to study Judas repenting, & you will see that he died a lost man, his personal choice, surprise to see that you think he was saved.

Never heard of anyone chewing on their wrists, does that make thing better?

Jerry, you are just as cold and hard of heart as SFIC, and if you could also read you will see that I never stated that Judas was saved, maybe the two of you should get some reading lessons, might help some.

Dunno.

You know a fox will chew its leg off if it is caught in a hunter's trap/

Perhaps Tim feels he is caught in a trap?

Does this comment make you feel superior? Most would help anyone or thing caught in a trap, the two of you are the type of christian that relish the suffering of other believers - makes you feel better about yourselves does it? Justifies your hard hearts?

Yes, them there's the coon caught in a trap. One of his buddies walks by asking. "What is the problem?" He replies, "I got my foot caught in this trap." His fried replies, "Just chew off you foot."

Several hours later his friend comes walking by once again saying, "You haven't got out of that trap yet?"

The coon said,"No, not yet, & I've already chewed off three of my feet."

Just as pathetic!!!

• Members

Sorry, I attempt to build anyone up by telling them lies or agreeing with the lies they already embrace and teach.

I am not the only one that read your words when you said a saved one can live as he or she pleases. And you are wrong... such acts will indeed lead one to hell. There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof is the way of death.

I know exactly what David Peacock teaches. He has sermons on SermonAudio. An he teaches to watch out for temptation. I suggest you tone down your language toward me.

Your attitude needs to change. You attack us with what may as well be curse words, you are not showing any evidence of the fruits of Salvation, but rather works of the enemy.

I've tried to help you out of the trap by showing Scripture to how your error. You just reject that Scripture.,

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• Members

What I stated about the coon in the trap was not pointed towards you, nor no one on this board. I was just telling that to Standing Firm in Christ. By the way, I disagree with some of his post too. But I will not call his beliefs stupid.

And if you will go look at your post, you should be able to tell why everyone thought that you were stating Judas was a saved man.

The only part that was rightly pointed towards you was that I was surprised that anyone on here thought Judas was a save man.

With that said, I will apologize if you thought the joke I posted was pointed to you, & that is the only thing I'm apologizing for.

And if you think my beliefs are stupid, them we are very far apart.

Now, should any of us be upset or even mad, because you called out beliefs stupid? I'm not, just disappointed. But i want hold it against you.

• Members

Dunno.

You know a fox will chew its leg off if it is caught in a hunter's trap/

:ot: but I wanted to note that this is not true. I have trapped since I was a child and I also know many other trappers online and that just does not happen. Now some animals like coons, skunks, or possums(but not usually fox) are "chewers" and will occasionally chew the foot below the jaws of the trap because the foot has gone to sleep and they cannot feel it and they are busy chewing up everything in reach, but no animal will chew the foot where it is not asleep and cause itself pain in order to "escape". They don't reason like that nor do they generally fight the trap itself terribly hard as long as they have some cover to hide under and are not stuck out in the open where they feel exposed. Typically as has been proven with game cameras they will actually fight the trap for 10 minutes or less and if they don't escape by then they tend to settle down and struggle much less or not at all until disturbed. If animals really would chew their feet off to escape a trap then trappers would not use foothold traps since the whole point is to catch and hold the animal, not to cause them to self mutilate. I have frequently put my fingers in my traps to demonstrate that they are a far cry from the mutilating instruments of torture movies and public perception often makes them out to be.

Ok, back to topic... :wink

• Members

Actually, I have read that a fox will chew its leg off in wildlife books. I just did a search online and found two instance where it is said a fox will chew his leg off.

Perhaps you never saw it happen, but that does not mean it has not happened.

You may want to read the book "Jaws of Steel" by Thomas Eveland.(1991)

• Members

Actually, I have read that a fox will chew its leg off in wildlife books. I just did a search online and found two instance where it is said a fox will chew his leg off.

Perhaps you never saw it happen, but that does not mean it has not happened.

Well you can choose not to believe me if you like, but I can say with complete confidence it does not happen with fox period unless your speaking of every once in a blue moon about chewing under the jaws where the foot is numb. I have no doubt at all. To say otherwise is a ridiculous statement to anyone who has done much trapping. I have trapped hundreds(maybe thousands) of animals personally and know many others who have literally trapped ten's of thousands over the years and have never seen or heard(from a knowledgeable trapper) of one ever chewing on itself except occasionally below the trap jaws where the foot is asleep and they can't feel it. That doesn't even usually let them escape unless they were only being held by a toe or something in the first place. The ideas that animals chew off their feet to escape or that the foothold traps break the bones in the feet is propaganda of the anti-trapping peta types. There are pretty much only two ways a animal will ever leave a foot in a foothold trap. In the old days in particular trap chains tended to be poorly swiveled and sometimes the chain would get all twisted up and in a bind. When this happened if the animal jumped wildly about it could get its leg in a bind as well and end up breaking the bone as it twisted its body around. Once the bone is broken the animal could pull free fairly quickly leaving a foot behind. This was particularly a problem with weak boned animals like muskrats. This is almost completely a non-issue in the modern era as proper swiveling with two or three swivels in the the trap chain prevents it from ever happening. Sometimes it can happen today with a toenail or something twisting off when a toenail is all the trap got a grip on but that is about it if your traps are set up properly. Back before it was known that swiveling was the issue these cases were frequently and incorrectly blamed on the animal "chewing out". Those were actually twist outs not chew outs. The second way is when the animal is killed an eaten by something else that eats it right down to the foot in the trap. That is usually obvious by all the fur spread around. Coyote will frequently do this if they find a fox in a trap. Edited by Seth-Doty

• Members

By the way, you did indeed say one can live any way they please and are still saved

No, you are right, no one did say that Paul was not saved, but the implication that a believer living in sin will not make it to heaven does. And yes, salvation is a definitely not a license to sin but we are eternally saved - the bible is very clear on that. So how can a person who is eternally saved not go to heaven if they continue to live in sin?

Oh and by the way, the bible does teach that a born again Christian can live as he/she please and still make it to heaven.

Rom 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
Rom 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Though this does not give reason to live a life of sin and disobedience it is very clear that it is possible because the grace mentioned is the same grace that saves. Paul continues in the chapter to give the reasons why we should no longer live lives controlled by sin and how we are now free from sin. We know that God is our father and I ask, would any humane father disown his child because he went off for a while and lived with the pigs? Yet God loves us more than any humane father could. And note the "grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord" in vrs 21. The righteousness being that of Christ and not our own.

Again, like everything you say, out of context, maybe you should re-read - I highlighted just for you in red.

• Members

:ot: but I wanted to note that this is not true. I have trapped since I was a child and I also know many other trappers online and that just does not happen. Now some animals like coons, skunks, or possums(but not usually fox) are "chewers" and will occasionally chew the foot below the jaws of the trap because the foot has gone to sleep and they cannot feel it and they are busy chewing up everything in reach, but no animal will chew the foot where it is not asleep and cause itself pain in order to "escape". They don't reason like that nor do they generally fight the trap itself terribly hard as long as they have some cover to hide under and are not stuck out in the open where they feel exposed. Typically as has been proven with game cameras they will actually fight the trap for 10 minutes or less and if they don't escape by then they tend to settle down and struggle much less or not at all until disturbed. If animals really would chew their feet off to escape a trap then trappers would not use foothold traps since the whole point is to catch and hold the animal, not to cause them to self mutilate. I have frequently put my fingers in my traps to demonstrate that they are a far cry from the mutilating instruments of torture movies and public perception often makes them out to be.

Ok, back to topic... :wink

:smug:

Sorry Seth, But I have seen traps that if your finger was caught in them, it would near pinch the ends off. And i have seen them break the leg of the trapped animal, and I have seen one dog caught in such a trap that broke his leg.

Oh, I have never seen a three footed fox, skunk, coon, or possum, but I'm not saying there has never been any.

:11backtotopic: Edited by Jerry80871852

• Members

You may want to go back and read my original statement concerning the fox. I did not say they escaped... I said they chew their foot off when caught in a hunter's trap. And it does happen. As I said, read "Jaws of Steel" . In it are accounts of such events happening.

• Members

What I stated about the coon in the trap was not pointed towards you, nor no one on this board. I was just telling that to Standing Firm in Christ. By the way, I disagree with some of his post too. But I will not call his beliefs stupid.

And if you will go look at your post, you should be able to tell why everyone thought that you were stating Judas was a saved man.

The only part that was rightly pointed towards you was that I was surprised that anyone on here thought Judas was a save man.

With that said, I will apologize if you thought the joke I posted was pointed to you, & that is the only thing I'm apologizing for.

And if you think my beliefs are stupid, them we are very far apart.

Now, should any of us be upset or even mad, because you called out beliefs stupid? I'm not, just disappointed. But i want hold it against you.

Isn't that what the two of you have constantly told me? Maybe you do not have the guts to come right out and say it, but you have implied it enough times, that what I believe the bible says is a lie, that I am damned, that I am going to hell - like they say, whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

• Members

Sorry Seth, But I have seen traps that if your finger was caught in them, it would near pinch the ends off.. And i have seen them break the leg of the trapped animal, and I have seen one dog caught in such a trap that broke his leg.

Beaver traps have a jaw spread of around 7.5 inches and are generally the largest and strongest traps used(bear traps aren't really used any more), and even they won't do that. Worst that might possibly happen with those is a bruise or a bruise leading to losing a fingernail if you snapped it on. Most wouldn't even do that. The fox size doesn't even hurt on your fingers. To "near pinch the ends off" of your finger you would have to have sharp jaws on the trap. Smooth rounded jaws do not do that, and I have been pinched both intentionally and accidentally with several different size traps over the years. As far the dog that broke his leg, not saying that might not be possible, but it was most likely the result of a poorly swiveled trap, not the fault of the trap itself. I am guessing this was quite a few years ago... I use to have a dog that would get himself caught in my traps fairly regularly. He would yelp and jump but then he would sit down and I would let him out. He never seriously hurt or broke a thing. He would hold up the paw that had been caught and hop around for a couple of minutes but then he would forget about it and go about as if nothing had happened. Edited by Seth-Doty

• Members

Again, like everything you say, out of context, maybe you should re-read - I highlighted just for you in red.
I have highlighted the part where you said that one could live as one pleases and still go to heaven. Even with your surrounding paragraphs it still says and means the same thing. You are teaching one can live as one pleases and still go to heaven.

And may I remind you of the unblblical doctrine you told of a man living a life of a drunkard, dying a drunkard and in heaven? Paul told the Church that drunkards are without. In other words, drunkards are not of the Body of Christ.... meaning they will not be in heaven. Nothing that defiles can enter God's kingdom, Tim., no matter how much you want it to.

And despite your claim in the quote that the Bible teaches one can live as one pleases, the very verses you posted prove your claim to be false. Paul said God forbid! (I notice you didn't red that important sentence. Pqaul told the Romans those who are dead to sin are not to continue in sin. In other words... don't live as you please. Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• Members

Isn't that what the two of you have constantly told me? Maybe you do not have the guts to come right out and say it, but you have implied it enough times, that what I believe the bible says is a lie, that I am damned, that I am going to hell - like they say, whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

In the past, I have been quite brave, & I have told a few that their teachings were false. And I probably would do so again. But much depends on the subject at hand & the amount of time we spent discussing it..

On this one the only part I have actually spoken about is the salvation of Judas, & I believe I stated something like this, you need to study it out. For I understood you to say he was a saved man.