• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Suicide and salvation?

• Members

Suicide demonstrates the wickedness of man's heart.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Jeremiah 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

• Members

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Your body is the Temple of the Holy Ghost.

Matthew 5:18-20 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Suicide is murder. Murder is one of the evils that begin in the heart and come to the surface; thereby defiling the man.

1 Corinthians 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Suicide is a defilement of the Temple of God. It brings a severe consequence... God will destroy the one who has defiled the body through an act of suicide.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Again, suicide is murder. All murderers will have their part in the lake that burneth with fire and brimstone.

Suicide is a corrupt fruit and "no good tree can bear corrupt fruit" according to the Words of Christ.

Suicide demonstrates the wickedness of man's heart.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Jeremiah 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Mat 27:3 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,
Mat 27:4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.
Mat 27:5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

Both of you are so sad I want to go and chew my wrists!!!

• Members

God searches the heart, as Jeremiah says. And He will reward according to the fruit.

Jesus said in Matthew 7 that a good tree will not bring forth corrupt fruit.

Surely you don't suggest that suicide is a good fruit, do you?

The fact is, God knows who are His and who are not.

Suicide is just an example of one proving that he or she is serving another master. The last fruit they bear is corrupt proving that they were not saved at all, but only having a form of godliness.

• Members

You guys really make me laugh. You go on and on and on and on and on and on and on about repenting in order to be saved so let me repeat the verse for the slow of thought and the cold of heart:

Mat 27:3 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,
Mat 27:4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.
Mat 27:5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

And sometimes I wonder what master you serve, definitely not He who made Himself man and died so that ALL WHO BELIEVE may obtain GRACE. We do not know if Judas was saved or not, only God does. Was his betrayal of Christ any less or more than David's adultery and murder, or Paul's killing of the Christians?

• Members

Judas was not saved, so your posting of Matthew 27 to prove he was is futile.

Judas' confession and repentance was toward man, not toward God. He did not go to God.

And do you know why he didn't? Because he was the son of perdition. His heart was indwelt by satan. He was the enemy of God.

Jeuss told the Disciples, have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

That one He spoke of was Judas, the son of perdition, whose last fruit was the corrupt fruit of self murder.

Jesus said murder comes from the heart and defiles the body. Judas defiled his body by suicide. He loved darkness rather than light because his deeds were evil.

Paul's killing of the Christians was prior to his Damascus Road experience. And the Word of God reveals that Paul did repent of his murderous ways.

And David? David repented of that evil that he had done. I suggest you read his prayer of repentance in Psalm 51.

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• Members

Judas was not saved, so your posting of Matthew 27 to prove he was is futile. I never said he was saved, I said he repented, can you not read?

Judas' confession and repentance was toward man, not toward God. He did not go to God. We do not know his heart, you just assume you do, like you assume everything about everyone - your brother, myself and anyone who doesn't agree with your sick view of grace.

And do you know why he didn't? Because he was the son of perdition. His heart was indwelt by satan. He was the enemy of God. Satan dwelt in your heart too before you were saved, if you were saved.

Jeuss told the Disciples, have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

That one He spoke of was Judas, the son of perdition, whose last fruit was the corrupt fruit of self murder.

Jesus said murder comes from the heart and defiles the body. Judas defiled his body by suicide. He loved darkness rather than light because his deeds were evil. Jesus also said adultery and every other sin comes from the heart, is your heart pure? I think not, so by your own admission you will burn like the rest of us saved sinners.

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Paul's killing of the Christians was prior to his Damascus Road experience. And the Word of God reveals that Paul did repent of his murderous ways. Dhu!!!

And David? David repented of that evil that he had done. I suggest you read his prayer of repentance in Psalm 51.

I suggest you read:

1Th 3:12 And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you:
1Th 3:13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

The HE being Jesus not you and your efforts which can only amount to nothing without His Grace in your life.

• Members

So now you are saying we are not saved because we believe and teach the Word of God? I see.

Instead of teaching and believing the Word of God, we should be teaching the doctrine of Tim... I see.

Make a profession of faith in Christ, live like the devil and commit suicide when we are tired of life.......

• Members

The doctrine that one can make a profession of faith in Christ, live like the devil, commit suicide and still hear God speak the words Well done thou good and faithful servant, is a lie straight from the father of lies.... that old deceiver the devil.

What such a person who believes he can live like the devil, commit suicide and enter into life will hear instead is "depart from me, ye that work iniquity... I never knew you"

Then, they may hear the devil say "well done, thou good and faithful servant."

• Members

Yes, them there's the coon caught in a trap. One of his buddies walks by asking. "What is the problem?" He replies, "I got my foot caught in this trap." His fried replies, "Just chew off you foot."

Several hours later his friend comes walking by once again saying, "You haven't got out of that trap yet?"

The coon said,"No, not yet, & I've already chewed off three of my feet."