• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Suicide and salvation?

• Members

If this is the direction you wish to go then for the sake of peace I'll leave you to your assumptions. I will continue in prayer.

No hard feelings John81 - we are all entitled to our "assumptions". And I hope the prayer is not just lip service - need all the fervent prayer of the righteous that I can get.

• Members

No hard feelings John81 - we are all entitled to our "assumptions". And I hope the prayer is not just lip service - need all the fervent prayer of the righteous that I can get.

Absolutely no hard feelings here. No lip service prayers. We all need prayer and they need to be real prayers to the Father.

• Members
It's easy to call someone a coward from the other side of the fence, maybe you should walk a mile in my shoes. I have faced death many times in my life and I can tell you that any one who decides to take their own life is not a coward, they have more than likely faced more in their lives than you could ever handle, on your own or on your knees!!!

The Lord never gives us more than we can handle. Suicide, besides being cowardly and murder is also the height of selfishness. A friend of a friend recently committed suicide leaving behind young children without a father. About a decade ago another friend's relative killed himself too. This particular fellow had engorged in all the pleasures of the world but never knew the Lord.

If you're not hearing from the Lord consider Psalm 66:18. Maybe you're harboring some sin, and in doing so hindering your own prayers. We don't know you and neither do any of us wish you ill will or death. We want to help and we are praying for you.

About a year ago one young man in our church was in a terrible auto accident that nearly took his life. After untold number of surgeries and months of hospitalization this fellow was clearly despondant. We all continued in prayer for this fellow for months but he kept getting re-infected and his attitude towards life and the Lord was sour. At the same moment, several of us men came to the same conclusion that he was harboring some sin (prompting of the Holy Spirit) and one of them brought it up to them. About a month later he began to walk again and has been faithfully attending church despite the great pain and discomfort. He repented and the Lord began to hear and answer his prayers again. But don't think he's off the hook! Remember, he like you will be chastened by our Father in heaven when we do wrong. I'm chastened all the time!

• Members

Severe depression is a horrible thing to go through.
Sometimes people get slammed down so hard, it feels like there is no hope. I believe Brother Job was pretty depressed. Job's "friends" just assumed that he was being punished for his sin but Job had done nothing to deserve any of it. Sometimes the hard knocks are chastening, but not always. When you're severely depressed, the love of other people is the only thing that will help, Because God doesn't speak to everyone out of a whirlwind.

• Members

Severe depression is a horrible thing to go through.
Because God doesn't speak to everyone out of a whirlwind.

Not depressed, just angry - far worse!! :knuppel::D

And Amen to the whirlwind. Some of us can't hear the "still small voice" and need the whirlwind!!

• Members

I've been severely angry and severely depressed. Neither is good, but I'll take anger over depression any day.

Ephesians 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

Pray to God that He will keep you back from presumptuous sins, If you have somebody who needs a rebuke, don't slander them....rebuke them to their face. Don't raise your voice, use abusive or foul language. Don't hate them . Tell them what they did to you and warn them that God will judge them for what they did or are doing. Then go on down the road and let God handle the rest. But don't forget to PRAY FOR them.

If it is God you are displeased with, simply ask Him why you are going through this. Don't curse Him or talk disrespectfully to Him. Just tell Him how you feel. Keep talking to Him every day. Pretty soon you'll be back on speaking terms again. I have some complications in my own life right now. But God is faithful.

• Members

I know of a man that use to carry a note pad in his shirt pocket. Anytime anyone did anything to offend him, he would write it down. From time to time he would take it out go though it some he would not forget, them when the opportunity came, he got even.

A lot of folks allow things that make them mad to turn into bitterness and they nurse that grudge just waiting for the chance to get back at someone.

• Members

I know of another man that installs poultry equipment, he installed some equipment for a man, the man did not pay him fast enough. he stopped by the mans chicken house one day that had about 2 week old chickens in it, took a steel pole to the waters & feed lines destroying them. And he was proud of what he had done & bragged about it several years afterwards.

I was totally shocked that he would do such a thing, stuff like that happening makes it hard to trust anyone.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Your body is the Temple of the Holy Ghost.

Matthew 5:18-20 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Suicide is murder. Murder is one of the evils that begin in the heart and come to the surface; thereby defiling the man.

1 Corinthians 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Suicide is a defilement of the Temple of God. It brings a severe consequence... God will destroy the one who has defiled the body through an act of suicide.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Again, suicide is murder. All murderers will have their part in the lake that burneth with fire and brimstone.

Suicide is a corrupt fruit and "no good tree can bear corrupt fruit" according to the Words of Christ.