• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Toy makers urged to redirect toy ads

• Members

I saw that. I had to think for a minute "What is wrong with this picture". And then I realized.

#1: Moms...turn off the tv!!!!

#2: Moms....take this opportunity to teach your kids they can't always have everything they want!

Instead they whine to the toy manufacturers?! Sheesh.

• Members

I always tease my children about buying them a box of pencils for Christmas. They are the perfect gift after all - you can use them every day to do everything from homework to artwork, you get 12 in a box - one for each month, they are educational, they can be used to write letters to people that you like...and so on.

By the time Christmas comes rolling around they are happy with what ever gifts they get, as long as it is not a box of pencils! :lol:

• Members

Many parents today grew up spoiled and rarely hearing their parents tell them "no". They've been brainwashed to believe children should have this, that and the other thing. Rather than telling them no for their own good, they feel sorry about the idea their child wants a thousand dollars worth of presents and their child might be sad, upset or even mad at them if they don't get each present they desire...and demand. So, parents go into debt giving their children all the want.

Meanwhile, in the typical fashion of today where no one is responsible for their own selves or families anymore (as Suzy mentioned), they whine to others to do something rather than taking action themselves.