• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

As Shown on the Today Show::: A Family of 17 Kids

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm shocked that she can have so many healthy babies. No genetic defects yet. Usually, the odds that you have at least one child with problems. They are one family who can breed healthy children (sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like a horse show).

nice family, I watch their shows often. I like the mother's and the girl's respond whenever people asked them why they dress alike. They usually say something like "why do all your friends dress alike?" You know, they all dress the latest style of clothes, the latest hairdo, the latest shoes, listen to the latest musics. And I think that is the truth. People do dress alike according to what the society think is the coolest or "what's in".

• Members
I watched the tv show where they built their house. It was really cool. Of course having "money" always makes these things a bit easier! The boys have it coolest....a tunnel slide from their bedroom to downstairs! Woohoo!

The thing I didn't like about the show is that they always looked cheerful and perfect. I"d feel better if she yelled at one of her kids once or got grumpy. LOL.

Good kids though, can't argue with that. Kudos to them.

I've seen them get grumpy. just that you won't see the parents overreact. If you pay close attention, you do see them get frustrated some.
My aunt have 7 kids, and she have learned to be patience over the years.

• Members

I've seen them get grumpy. just that you won't see the parents overreact. If you pay close attention, you do see them get frustrated some.
My aunt have 7 kids, and she have learned to be patience over the years.

That's a good point. We are told to have patience and if we are pursuing holiness and therefore growing in Christlikeness, we will come to have more patience, become less easily frustrated, grumpy or angry, and have a more peaceful, kind and loving demeanor over time.

• Members
The mother only whisper to them in the ear when she got frustrated with her kids' date=' I noticed. I do the same thing to my son sometimes. I whisper to him when I feel disappointed.[/quote']

That sounds like a good thing. I grew up in a family where folks yelled when they got mad. Never liked that. I try not to go beyond a raising of my voice to be heard (no yelling) and over the years I've learned to actually drop my voice and speak very softly and directly to the one I'm talking too. That actually seems to be far better than yelling and more attention getting then even raising my voice to be heard.

• Members

Maybe they have learned to always smile for the cameras, them save it for when they know there is no cameras around.

But how can people live naturally knowing a camera is always watching them? How can they really be and act normal? These families who have shows like this, is it good for the children?

• Members

Of course, they learned to smile for the camera. I think they spank their kids off camera :P

From what I understand, and seen, They only allow camera people in every time the mother is pregnant. After she gives birth, it is over and they can't come back unless she is pregnant again. That's what i seen from their last pregnancy. So they are only allow to hang around for 9 months. And I don't think they are there everyday.

There is another show Jon and (what's her name, I forgot) plus 8, and they don't always smile for the camera.

• Members
A lot of ATI families appear that way. There are a lot of good family principals in ATI and ATI-affiliated ministries. Some families' date=' however, look perfect at first but have their own problems once you get to know them.[/quote']

I have seen their family on TV a couple of times and find them very inspiring. My mind is drawing a blank on ATI, could you help me out there? :puzzled: