• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

As Shown on the Today Show::: A Family of 17 Kids

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I watched their show last night - they had the girls do "manly" type things -like fix a flat tire, and the boys did some of the "girls" things like clean the bathrooms (all 9 of them!)

I think the thing that strikes me the most is how well prepared this family is to recieve any and all blessings that God gives them, and they have it all figured out how to make it all work.

I have seen some large families that had everyone crammed into a too small home with one bathroom and the mother was expected to do everything and was just plain overworked and overwhelmed and everyone was screaming and yelling at each other and it was total chaos! Completly dysfunctional from the first child to the last, and each preganacy was viewed as "oh no! another mouth to feed!"

• 10 months later...
  • Members

A church member had recorded the entire series of the show. My son and I sat down and watched. I was in awe !! My son started reseaching birth control and the Lord's Word. He was a senior in H.S.at that time. We homeschooled so I allowed him to do a research paper for Health because he was very interested! Thru this show and his research he is throughly persuaded that he want's as many children as the Lord will give him. He's in college and not married so I remind him you need to make it clear where you stand if you begin courting a girl. We do have friend's with 13 and he love's for them to meet us for a picnic etc. Funniest part is he's an only child because of medical reason's. You never know how a show may move you or a family member! If that's an example he believe's the Lord want's him to follow then I'm at peace. Just never saw it coming!!!