• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What does the other candidate say?

• Members

Ron Paul and his followers are way way too close to this crazy Occupy movement for my tastes. He's a rogue, and he attracts rogues. Not to say all his followers are rogues, but surely anyone watching the news lately can agree in general.

• Members

Ron Paul and his followers are way way too close to this crazy Occupy movement for my tastes. He's a rogue, and he attracts rogues. Not to say all his followers are rogues, but surely anyone watching the news lately can agree in general.

With regards to how Ron Paul would have the federal government operate, how is he crazy or a rogue? He proposes the federal government operate 100% according to the Constitution.

Ron Paul is the only candidate willing to confront unconstitutionalism and to challenge the greatest threat to America's economic future, the Fed.

Thomas Jefferson said in 1802, “I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.”

• Members

Ron Paul actually believes the Constitution should be followed but the majority of Americans, including the majority of those calling themselves conservatives don't want to actually follow the Constitution.

So true, what they want is everything in their favor, no matter what the constitution says.

• Members

So true, what they want is everything in their favor, no matter what the constitution says.

Exactly! Most so-called conservatives are for limiting only certain aspects of the government. They are against limiting those things they like and they don't want the government to actually follow the Constitution because then they couldn't promote their pet ideas, projects and agenda.

What has happened every time over the past several decades when a "conservative" Republican has been president, and especially if he has had any real backing on congress? The government has grown, debt has increased, constitutional rights have been stomped.

• Members

Ron Paul's followers are in the Occupy movement....Many people love Paul for his complete and absolute hatred of government.

Paul doesn't hate the government (I don't know where you got that idea). Paul believes the government should operate within the bounds of the Constitution.

Some who like or follow Paul may be within the Occupy movement but certainly not all or even close to all. Many Paul supporters are in the Tea Party movement and among the actual conservatives within the GOP and independent voters.

• Members

Paul doesn't hate the government (I don't know where you got that idea). Paul believes the government should operate within the bounds of the Constitution.

Some who like or follow Paul may be within the Occupy movement but certainly not all or even close to all. Many Paul supporters are in the Tea Party movement and among the actual conservatives within the GOP and independent voters.

The way I see it.

Like any others running for a political office, Mr. Paul has some great points, yet like any other candidates, republican or democrat, he has some ideas that should be thrown in the trash

• Members

The way I see it.

Like any others running for a political office, Mr. Paul has some great points, yet like any other candidates, republican or democrat, he has some ideas that should be thrown in the trash

I agree. For the most part I agree with him as to how the federal government should operate because he bases that upon the Constitution. Therefore, I could stand in agreement with him on that level.

However, some of his views with regards to State and local matters I totally disagree with because they are based upon some of the unreasonable aspects of libertarianism. Therefore, I could not stand in agreement with him on those levels.

• Members
Ron Paul's followers are in the Occupy movement....

Now that I'd like to see!

Many people love Paul for his complete and absolute hatred of government.

What is the evidence that would logically lead one to agree with the above statement???