• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

[Video] Addams Family Spoof -The Homeschool Family

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Members

nice pants in church on women. now castigate ME...

the

nice pants in church on women. now castigate ME...

The one in grey with what looked like a man's suit jacket... short, straight, spiky cut hair ....very manly cross-dressing

• Members

The public school system is corrupt, therefore homeschooling is probably the only option for parents who want their children educated "in the way they should go". (Proverbs 22:6)

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Why can't I get rid of this silly quote box....been trying for the last 30 minutes!

Edited by LindaR

• Moderators

the

The one in grey with what looked like a man's suit jacket... short, straight, spiky cut hair ....very manly cross-dressing

Really? That is so not the point of this thread. 

Edited by Salyan

• Members

Really and for sure.   The way those sisters dressed is clearly a part of their message.  The focus is primarily in speech upon homeschooling, and perhaps equally in unspoken fashion by the way they are dressed.  If the manner of dress, which in reality is half of the message of the homeschool spoof, is not supposed to be the point or any part of the point of this thread, then the video should not have been shown.  If it were vital that the props be shown for the video, they could have shown the women from the neck up so that a Hell fire and brimstone preaching Baptist would not have to vex their soul looking at cross-dressed women running the show with no men in sight.

I'm all for homeschooling, but I am also all against women dressing like men with pants and sports coats and haircuts in spiky fashion, and I'm all against women usurping authority over men.....especially when they portray themselves as serving God and stand up in a pulpit where they are applauded in a Baptist forum.  If anybody has a problem with my preaching on the subject, that's too bad.   You can be sure I will be much more careful about what I look at or read on this site and I am disappointed to see such a worldly bunch of women heralded as though the are doing good for Christians or the church. It is because of these watered down pulpits and saints who like having their ears tickled that little by little the ungodly forces have persuaded Christians to be quiet enough for them to take over America and add sodomite marriage by law to the fabric of society.

And if I get kicked off of here for preaching the Bible truth in the matter, so be it.   Sometimes I think it's just a waste of time here anyways.   The whole world is sliding down to Hell and homosexuals are planning to come into Baptist churches and display their perversions and dare you to kick them out the  door.  MEN OF GOD HAVE NOT HAD THE NERVE TO STAND UP AGAISNT WOMEN IN PANTS AND NOW WE ARE GOING TO SEE HOW THEY STAND UP AGAINST MEN IN DRESSES WITH THE SUPREME COURT OF UNGODLINESS UPHELD BY MILITARY MIGHT AS THE LAW OF THE LAND..  May  God have mercy on his saints.  We need revival, but it looks like it will only come after we get some literal fire from the devil allowed  by God under our feet.

Edited by Saintnow

• Members

While what Saintnow addresses isn't strictly on home school, the points he raises are (or should) be important with regards to Christian homeschooling.

If Christians are homeschooling so their children will be raised in accord with Scripture, so they will learn proper Christian conduct, how to live pleasing to the Lord and such, then matters of dress and even hair are important matters.

While it's become common, even in many IFB churches, to avoid such matters which might upset some of the women, that's actually following in the footsteps of evangelicals which IFBs claim to have separated from. Point out that an IFB woman has short, chopped hair and one of the most common responses today is that it doesn't matter because that short chopped hair is worn in a "feminine" style. Scripture only says that women are to have long hair, not that women can wear their hair any length they want so long as it's worn in a "feminine" fashion.

No doubt, if several Christian home school dads were sporting long hair but claimed it was fashioned in a masculine manner, there would be very much said, and very loudly declared, coming not only from pastors but women in the church too.

Some say the hair length of women or how they dress isn't important. While either of those may not be the most important point, they yet have their importance as does everything God tells us. Words some Christians use in place of cussing might not be an important matter to some but the world does take note. Nothing God tells us to do, or not to do, is of little or no importance.

None of us are perfect and I wouldn't condemn a woman for having short hair or wearing pants, and I certainly wouldn't say anything like she must not be saved or she wouldn't do that any more than I would with a man having long hair. These may seem like trivial matters in many churches today but if God spoke directly to such things, they are not trivial.

In light of Scripture, why wouldn't a woman want to make sure her hair is long and a man make sure his is short? Why would either take offense if it's pointed out their hair length isn't in accord with Scripture and serves as an actual or potential stumbling block to others?

I never had hippy hair and my hair was almost always shorter than those I went to school with, but when I was first saved my hair was quite a bit longer than it is today. Had someone not spoke with me about what Scripture says about hair on men and women, I may not have given my hair length any thought at all.

Years ago my wife read something in a book about hair and then talked with me about it and we went to the Scriptures. My wife's hair then was long enough to be scripturally sound but she decided, on her own, it would be best if she let her hair grow even longer so it would be absolutely clear to anyone that she had long hair. She has worn her hair like that ever since.

Anyway, I suppose the point is that while hair length wouldn't be one of the top two important points of homeschooling, the matter should nevertheless be somewhere on the overall list of points to be covered as a part of homeschooling.

• Moderators

I have a feeling, Saint, that you have misrepresented the motives of those women somewhat. As I am not personally acquainted with then, I can't say for sure. In the future, should I post any videos not taken by a bona fide, qualified IFB individual, I will be sure to warn you so you will not have to sully your eyes by viewing it.