• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Just came in :) again to announce

• Members

I am leaving the online Baptist community Boards, There is way to much on here that really is not really friendly nor Christian like, I have avoided the boards for months even tho I was on the ladies boards, I only posted a few occsions on there, I am taking the overhauling of the board also a sign that I must move on in my Christian Path.
Don't judge me for what I am about to say because this is how I been feeling for years. I don't feel like IFB Type Churches and Christians are right for me, Even tho I love the Sword of the Lord booklets and ministry and they are IFB , I am not wanting any part of IFB or King James only living no more.
I have been making this decision since 08 when President Obama was elected because , of the hatred of emails and posts I seen from various IFB Church members and groups and forums and emails.
My decision started really rapidly when I started to attend a more different Baptist Church last year and until present. In the near future we are leaving TN and we are moving back up North where my parents are and where Obama is mostly respected and we are finding a church that will support Obama and not mock him or leave him alone.
The Churches purpose is to bring the lost the saving knowledge of Christ yes, however we are also are called to preach things in love, help the neighbor, help those around us, have compassion, respect our leaders and and pray for our leaders and those that are authority over us. That means we need to pray and respect our President. I don't feel that the IFB Churches and Christians in IFB Churches are respecting the President because of various reasons people makes up to scare you all.
My Path in my Faith is changing and since I don't live near my King James only Baptist FIL no more , we are breaking away from the Faith and getting more into more compassionate churches and more loveable churches and moving on with my life.
Thanks everyone from the Online Baptist and Ladies Boards also for all the convo we had and shared for several years or few however, I know what I am saying seems like I am decieved and confused and don't know what I am talking about , however, I am Saved, I am Baptisted, I love the Lord, I love Serving the Lord , I love reading God's word but, I can't be part of a group that attacks Obama and current president, attacks non King James Believers, Attacks gays and lesbians even tho we are all sinners. I can't be a Christian and Serve our Lord and Read the Bible and attend Church where I am being distracted from hatred and hurtful Christians.
In Closing If anyone want to keep in touch with me off this board, I am going to ask before you ban me to allow my PM be accessed for the rest of this year during the holidays and stuff but as of the New Year I am Moving on with my life, I'll be only visiting once a month God Bless You all and Take care and God Bless America
Karrie

• Members

I am sorry to hear that, I think it is a bad move,particularly the move to more doctrinally weak churches. There have been times when I have been rather disgusted with a large portion of IFB's as well but I didn't leave IFB's or IFB churches because for all our collective flaws I don't think there is any other "christian" group with more biblical doctrine. We just don't always practice it. I would not advise dumping IFB's because it is sort of a case of "to whom shall we go?" Be careful that you don't get out of the frying pan and into the fire out of discouragement... If you love the Lord and you chose to dump IFB's and go to the kind of churches your talking about then I don't think you will be happy for long. Sure you might enjoy the lack of conflict for a while but if you follow after the Lord and stay in the word you will eventually realize that those churches have rejected Gods word in the name peace and getting along. That realization when you come to it will make you just as uncomfortable as the conflicts IFB's have. If that happens we will probably see you again, and your more than welcome anytime. :icon_mrgreen:

• Members

If I was leaving, I would have just left without a Dear John letter trying to tell everyone off while accusing them of hating & being not Christ like. Hate, that is a very strong word that many use when people disagree with them, especially things concerning Christianity & politics.

I have not seen that hate you speak of, I have seen many here at onlinebaptist that disagree with Mr. Obama & the democrat party & for good reasons. They supports homosexuality & abortions, plus Mr. Obama is spending this nation into poverty. Always remember, the government has no money unless it take it from its citizens.

• Members

KJVKay, is it possible that since you have not been involved in church for several months that you are confusing what churches are actually saying with what you are hearing on TV and radio (as replacements for the months that you have been ill and moving). I personally know that on the OBL board you have found nothing but love and compassion and friendship. It is shocking for me to read these words from you. I'm wondering if you are aware that most IFB churches proclaim the Word of God and its truths rather than a political agenda. Love does not mean capitulation. It is my love for you that propels me to say that I think you are mistaken in your assessment of local churches. It is not compassionate to allow someone to live in sin and miss out on the opportunity to be close to the Lord and find the joy and peace that He brings. I'm sure if someone is a thief, and the pastor preaches about honesty, no one would say that the church lacks compassion. In fact, you'd say that the pastor is standing for truth. By the same token, if a pastor preaches what God says about any type of sin, we do not say the church lacks love. Didn't your church help you move? That was loving and compassionate, right? Finally, I am lovingly, kindly suggesting that you get in the Word of God rather than TV ministries and that you listen to preaching from God's Word regularly in a local church.

• Members

So Christians aren't supposed to preach against homosexuality and lesbianism? Hmmm
Christians are not supposed to warn others not to follow a leader who is admittedly Muslim?

When we preach against homosexuality and lesbianism, we do not do it out of hatred... not sure what makes you think we hate them. If we hated such people, we wouldn't preach against their lifestyles... we'd let them go to hell without warning or admonishing them. We'd not tell them of Christ and that the Word of God is against such lifestyles. (look up sodomy in your Bible)

As to Obama, are we to turn a deaf ear and a blind eye and allow others to be deceived? I trow not!

The Apostle Paul was not afraid of naming names when warning the Christians of false teachers and heretics. We, as Christians, should not be ashamed of marking 'those who cause divisions' either.

Sounds to me like you have bought into a 'seeker-friendly' group. As Seth Doty pointed out, you better be careful. These Churches can offer peace while leading you away from the path of righteousness.

• Members

Seems like the draw of the world is greater to this person than her love for Christ. Itching ears, changing churches because it's too hard to stay on the narrow path and blind to the fact that President Obama is a universalist.

You folks ever see me backslide like this, you have my persmission now to give me a swift kick in the pants!

• Members

I'm saddened to read you words. I'm more saddened that you seem to be putting things of this world and fleshly comfort above the Word of God. If you read through Scripture it's clear that to who more is given, God expects more. This is true of all leaders. Scripture shows clearly that God expects certain conduct from leaders and when they don't follow His way, God sends forth His people to speak out against them. To put Obama above God, which is how you sound, is very dangerous.

True enough, homosexuality is a sin and we are all sinners, but unless one is willing to repent of their sins and accept Christ, they will perish in their sins. Should homosexuals not be told the truth of God's Word? Is it more compassionate to put on a friendly face towards homosexuals but not warn them of their sin, which God calls an abomination, and let them proceed to eternity in hell?

One cannot truly follow God unless they are truly following His Word. This can't be done without going against the pathway the world travels. Either we follow God or we are following the world, which is led astray of the devil.

I do hope and pray you will immerse yourself in the whole Word of God and turn your heart and mind fully to Him.

• Moderators

This statement is making me think on one area... I personally don't like or approve of Obama as President any more than a lot of you do, and I have no qualms saying so! However, the Scripture does say that we are to 'honor the king.' How do we reconcile disagreeing (extensively) with the man's policies and warning others of the same with honoring the position he is in?

• Members

Acts 23:1 And Paul, earnestly beholding the council, said, Men and brethren, I have lived in all good conscience before God until this day. 2And the high priest Ananias commanded them that stood by him to smite him on the mouth. 3Then said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, thou whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law? 4And they that stood by said, Revilest thou God's high priest? 5Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people.

The High Priest had unjustly ordered one of his henchmen to hit Paul right in the mouth. He had "offened one of these little ones" and he had "touched God's anointed". That was wicked and it was going to bring the judgement of God on that High Priest...simple as that. It was Paul's DUTY to warn the high priest of the judgment of God. Why? Becasue of this...........Leviticus 1917Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. And this.... Ezekiel 3:18 18When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Therefore, even in this incident, Paul could say "i am free from the blood of all men". Paul told the priest what he was, and he warned him. He didn't mock him, revile him, he just told the truth.

Sinners like President Obama, and homosexuals are going to die and go to Hell in their sins. They must be warned. Who will warn them? It is WRONG to make jokes and say hateful things about president and it's wrong to make jokes about and "hate on" homosexuals or anyone else. It's not a joke. It's dead serious. "speaking the truth in love" is far different from "reviling" When we make fun of sinners, we are actual "taking PLEASURE in their evil deeds." Just like Paul, it is our duty to rebuke and warn; just leave off the reviling and making fun.

Exodus 22:28 Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people.

Edited by heartstrings

• Members

This statement is making me think on one area... I personally don't like or approve of Obama as President any more than a lot of you do, and I have no qualms saying so! However, the Scripture does say that we are to 'honor the king.' How do we reconcile disagreeing (extensively) with the man's policies and warning others of the same with honoring the position he is in?

To an extent it's simple common curtesy. Were I to meet him I would refer to him by his title, I would be polite to him. One can be against someones views while yet not showing them disrespect.

One example from the political field I recall was between President Reagan and Tip O'Neil. They disagreed on many things yet they were both respectful about it and actually became pretty good friends.

Heartstrings touched well on some aspects of this. We can confront sin and wrongs in a loving and respectful manner. We don't need to, and shouldn't, engage in course "humour", outright denigration or disrepect.

Our aim in shining the light of truth upon sins should be in the hope those partaking in the sins will repent and turn to Christ. As well, our hope should be that others may also see the truth and draw close to Christ and/or repent and be born again.

If it's a fellow in Christ who is in sin that we shine the light upon, it should be with the intention and hope of restoring them.

• Members

I for one preach & teach the people at our church to pray for our leaders, pray that things go well for them, that we may live a peaceful life & have said as much on here. And every church ought to do the same. Plus be honest, many of the things he has done is harmful to our country. And of course it seems the democrat party is paving the way for this country to turn from God's ways. Starting with abortions & homosexuality, & perhaps after that many who support that party would love ti kick God out of America.

Yet at the same time the republican party is only worldly conservative, not godly conservative.

• Members

A study of Romans 13 and Hebrews 13 will reveal that the kings that we are to 'honor' are the ones that God has put into rule over us.

Did God put Obama over us? Or was it the will of the people?

Romans 13 reveals that those God puts into authoritative position ' are not a terror to good works, but to the evil.'

Has Obama been a terror to the evil? Since his election into the presidency, he has visited and worshiped at a Muslim mosque in Turkey on more than one occasion... even honoring them by abiding by the Muslim standards of conduct while in their mosques.

In the Old Testament, we see that when the people did not want to obey God, they cried out for a king to rule them.

History certainly repeats itself.

• Members

A study of Romans 13 and Hebrews 13 will reveal that the kings that we are to 'honor' are the ones that God has put into rule over us.

Did God put Obama over us? Or was it the will of the people?

Romans 13 reveals that those God puts into authoritative position ' are not a terror to good works, but to the evil.'

Has Obama been a terror to the evil? Since his election into the presidency, he has visited and worshiped at a Muslim mosque in Turkey on more than one occasion... even honoring them by abiding by the Muslim standards of conduct while in their mosques.

In the Old Testament, we see that when the people did not want to obey God, they cried out for a king to rule them.

History certainly repeats itself.

That hardly fits with the whole Word. At the time the NT was written the land was under a "king" that was a terror to many, including Christians, yet Christians were told to honour and obey them.

Scripture tells us that all things are in God's hands and no one can be "king" unless God causes/allows it. We are not told to honour only those who are "good" (that would basically be none). We are told one of the main purposes of "kings" is to be a terror to evil, which in part refers to upholding the law, dealing with criminals, etc. It does not refer to only Godly "kings", or those who love Christians, but rather to all "kings".

In the command to pray for "kings", Christians are told to pray they will allow there to be peace, that we may be able to be about God's work in peace. This in itself attests to the fact that such prayers are especially needed because there was, are and will be "kings" that are not Godly, not friendly towards Christians. When we face such (and when we don't) we are to take the matter to the Lord in prayer. God can change the hearts of "kings" and He can replace them; this might happen much more if we were more dilligent to pray for them in accord with Scripture.