• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

You would think I would learn...

trell

• Members

Mywife and I have always had terrible visits with her parents. They are RC, and Maggie no longer is. I am not RC either (obviously, it would seem. Thank God.) We see them about once a year, and we have prayed each time for open doors of utterance, patience, etc. But this last week end we had asked a prayer request at the church for "a good visit". It was the best it has ever been. The best Maggie has had with them since she was about 8. They were happy and friendly, even after they drove 4 days back home. Lessons for me: get specific about what to pray for and get the other believers praying and believing with you. After all, they are believers, so they should believe!

• Members

Praise God!

It can be a hard lesson to learn, and remember, but Scripture tells us we have not because we ask not. Sometimes I catch myself trying to think through something and then it's as if the Spirit nudges me and it dawns on me I should be taking it to the Lord in prayer.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

RCs? You should not even associate with these people. Catholics believe that Mary is the queen of heaven. Worshipping the queen of heaven is worshipping another god and it angers the Lord.

Jeremiah
7:18 The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.
7:19 Do they provoke me to anger? saith the LORD: do they not provoke themselves to the confusion of their own faces?

And what does the Bible tell us of friends and Family who worship other Gods?
Deuteronomy 13:6-10
If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods....thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death