• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

'Christian Responsibly'

• Members

For many professing Christians they would likely ask, "What Christian responsibility?".

For some others, they would think they meet such by attending church once a week, sending their children to Sunday school.

At least once a year, oftentimes more, I read and study in this area to keep the fact I have Christian responsibilities fresh in my mind. (I do this with other issues as well)

• Members

Think of all the things each of us are personally responsible for being a child of God. In fact, it would probably be helpful for anyone & everyone that might read this topic for us to make a list of our responsibilities.

1. Support the church your a member of with your presents while cheerfully giving to this church to support its ministries of; "Go, teach, & baptize.

• Members

And we are responsible how we behave our self out in the world.

bring up our children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord

De 6:7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

De 11:19 And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

And that is a very good & important one HappyChristian, and a responsibility many of us have failed, if we would teach our children as we should while they're young, and protect their young minds from the influence of the world, I feel we would not lose so many of them to the world.

The Mennonites that live around here have lost very few of their children. In the 40 something years they've been in theses parts I believe I can count the number they've lost with my 10 fingers. And I feel sure that's because they practice separation which most of us do not.

• Members

I agree Jerry, we do need to separate, It's learning how to do it while still forfilling the great commission and telling others about Jesus.

Another responsibility would be

John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

• Administrators

How about this one: "Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted."

Too often, we see a fellow Christian who is committing some kind of sin (let's say they're smoking, or maybe sleeping in church) and instead of obeying this verse, we tell someone else...you know, as a prayer request. Or, if it's a preacher, he preaches about someone he knows who "grew up here" and he saw that person smoking...yet, never once spoke to that person about it.

Would you say, Jerry8, that this verse teaches us that our responsibility is to:
1. Be spiritual (actually BE, not just act like it!)
2. Confront the sinner (not in a hateful way, but in loving concern)
3. Work with the person scripturally
4. Pray for them
5. Be aware lest we fall in to the sin ourselves (reminding ourselves that we could fall)

(I think your verse goes hand in hand with this, blossom! Loving each other properly would certainly mean restoring each other when necessary!)

• Members

I agree Jerry, we do need to separate, It's learning how to do it while still forfilling the great commission and telling others about Jesus.

Another responsibility would be

John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

You do not have to be bosom buddies, run around with, someone in order to love & care for them and their welfare, that is if your a true child of God..

• Members

How about this one: "Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted."

Too often, we see a fellow Christian who is committing some kind of sin (let's say they're smoking, or maybe sleeping in church) and instead of obeying this verse, we tell someone else...you know, as a prayer request. Or, if it's a preacher, he preaches about someone he knows who "grew up here" and he saw that person smoking...yet, never once spoke to that person about it.

Would you say, Jerry8, that this verse teaches us that our responsibility is to:
1. Be spiritual (actually BE, not just act like it!)
2. Confront the sinner (not in a hateful way, but in loving concern)
3. Work with the person scripturally
4. Pray for them
5. Be aware lest we fall in to the sin ourselves (reminding ourselves that we could fall)

(I think your verse goes hand in hand with this, blossom! Loving each other properly would certainly mean restoring each other when necessary!)

Of course, and some sins calls for more than that, 1 Corinthians 5.

The thing is few people there be who will accept a fellow Christian confronting them about any type of sin as you are doing this in love. I say few, for I have seen this act several times before along with the reaction. Most reacted in hostility.