• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Soul winning class ideas

• Members

Hi everyone, I am starting a soul winning class at my church for adults and teenagers and anyone else who would like to be involved. I know what I am going to teach. But I want to make it fun for everyone- not just me standing in front saying a bunch of stuff. Do y'all have any ideas of things I could do to spice it up and make it fun for everyone so that they enjoy it? Any group activity ideas, anything at all? I could really use all the help I can get.

Thanks!!

• Moderators

I've always loved the idea of having people get up there and practice - one playing the part of an unbeliever, JW, Mormon, etc. and the other being the soul-winner. I've never done it, but it sounds like a really good way of practical teaching.

I've heard of a seminar called the Netcasters Evangelism that is supposed to be really good.

• Members

Here is something that might help:
http://www.strivingtogether.com/products/To-Seek-and-To-Save.html

Have some people tell or say what they would do if/when faced with a pit bull at the door.
What to say to someon who is drunk. Muslim. half dressed. Deaf. smoking pot.
What to do when someone starts witnessing to you about speaking in toungs or has a "word of knowelage" for you.
How to respond to wiccans, or militant fundamentalist atheists.
How to deal with someone that used to be a member of your church who has issues with the pastor. (I've had several of thies, not pretty).

Dr. Roberson :godisgood:

• Members

its what they call those athiests who follow Richard Dawkins, read his book the God Delusion, and are very confrontational when they go out to spread thier belive system. Such as...

Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, and Christopher Hitchens led this new movement under the banner of reason, science, and freedom. They hope to storm the bastille of ignorance of the Abrahamic religions. Yet, since at the movements source is fear; it has shown the same fundamental tendencies that it says it stand against.
Parents who teach their children religion are not just mistaken; they are child abusers.
Christianity is defined by the most horrible actions of people who call themselves Christian. Any action by a Christian that is deem good is dismissed having as having an another source.

That quote was taken from this website: http://www.life-and-faith.org/2009/05/rise-of-fundamental-atheism.html
about half way down the page. Let your people know that there are people out there like this and they stand a chance at meeting them while out soulwinning.

Dr. Roberson :sSig_praiseGod:

• 6 years later...
  • Members

I rejoice in the men and women with great faith, even at times among new converts. One of my preaching style is to give "assurance" that they are indeed saved after witnessing to them because many tend to lose faith in their Salvation after they are first converted; and some even immediately after witnessing to them. There are also those who at often times doubt their salvtion, even after being saved for years. As to why others doubt their salvation, even as seasoned Christians, no one knows the heart of another person except for the Lord.  In my experience in dealing with these problems, there are many of our brothers and sisters who are prone to guilt feelings. We all have our weaknesses, of course, and for those who have this one, it manifests itself in feelings of doubt based upon long past errors, often nothing the rest of us would see as terribly significant.  One of the problems is lack of understanding of the truth.  For those not well versed in the Bible or under the influence of one false teaching or another, it is easy for certain scriptures to be manipulated to make it seem as if a lack of peace or the commission of some deadly sin puts salvation in doubt.  Nothing could be further from the truth, but this is part and parcel of the sloppy teaching, false teaching, and lack of teaching which seems to be the rule in modern Christianity. My advice to those who have great faith:  be grateful that you have such a strong faith, hold onto to it, and take pains to build it up through continuing spiritual growth day by day.

God Bless!

• Members
4 hours ago, (Omega) said:

I rejoice in the men and women with great faith, even at times among new converts. One of my preaching style is to give "assurance" that they are indeed saved after witnessing to them because many tend to lose faith in their Salvation after they are first converted; and some even immediately after witnessing to them. There are also those who at often times doubt their salvtion, even after being saved for years. As to why others doubt their salvation, even as seasoned Christians, no one knows the heart of another person except for the Lord.  In my experience in dealing with these problems, there are many of our brothers and sisters who are prone to guilt feelings. We all have our weaknesses, of course, and for those who have this one, it manifests itself in feelings of doubt based upon long past errors, often nothing the rest of us would see as terribly significant.  One of the problems is lack of understanding of the truth.  For those not well versed in the Bible or under the influence of one false teaching or another, it is easy for certain scriptures to be manipulated to make it seem as if a lack of peace or the commission of some deadly sin puts salvation in doubt.  Nothing could be further from the truth, but this is part and parcel of the sloppy teaching, false teaching, and lack of teaching which seems to be the rule in modern Christianity. My advice to those who have great faith:  be grateful that you have such a strong faith, hold onto to it, and take pains to build it up through continuing spiritual growth day by day.

God Bless!

Personally, I think we have to be real careful about giving "Assurance" to people. I don't really believe it is our job to give "assurance", Our job is to make sure they understand the Gospel clearly. I think when people really understand the Gospel and understand that they are saved by faith in the Gospel, then there will not be as many problems with assurance of salvation. The problem comes in my opinion from people emphasizing things like "asking Jesus into your heart" "Receiving Jesus as your Lord and Savior" or "Repent of all your sins" etc, I think we need to emphasis the Gospel and what it means to believe the Gospel and trust in Christ.

P.S. I in no way am saying repentance is not a part of salvation, however the way some people present repentance almost seems like a work. 

• Members

Christians who doubt their Salvation need to know if they're saved or not. If there is a brother or sister in Christ that are in need of some comfort because they're having doubts as to whether they are saved or not; or on the verge of losing their salvation And I would tell them about all of God's wonderful promises of having eternal security.

Edited by (Omega)
Word Choice

• Members
1 hour ago, (Omega) said:

Christians who doubt their Salvation need to know if they're saved or not. If there is a brother or sister in Christ that are in need of some comfort because they're having doubts as to whether they are saved or not; or on the verge of losing their salvation And I would tell them about all of God's wonderful promises of having eternal security.

I find the following articles helpful:

http://revivalfocus.org/q1-assurance/

http://revivalfocus.org/q2-fruits-and-assurance/

http://revivalfocus.org/q13-repentance-evidence/

http://revivalfocus.org/q24-another-gospel/

• Members

1 John was written to help Christians who were doubting their salvation. I don't have an issue with helping Christians in times when they are struggling. Here are a couple thoughts

1. Never tell someone they are saved or "Don't you remember when you accepted Christ". If someone is in doubt, I take them through the plan of salvation and I have always had those that were saved tell me that they were saved and just struggling with sin.
2. If someone is in doubt immediately after "Getting saved", then they are still lost. In order to be saved, you must repent and believe in faith. This is where easy believeism really is completely wrong. Quick Prayer or repeat after me prayers are the reason people make professions, but are not saved.
3. Ask people for their testimony frequently. I ask my children for their testimony every now and then. But when they were children, I asked it all the time. It reinforces their Salvation.